It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wish I could SER8. But I'm getting near goodbye status. Not going to watch Manly fall further. Too much regard for its history
Dont stress BF... we were just unlucky in 2020...

• too many injuries
  • refs kept giving 6 agains against us late in the tackle count whilst we got them early in the tackle count
  • THAT forward pass call (we could have come 10th)
  • THAT non-interference call against Knights (we could have come 9th)
  • we had too many injuries
  • COVID - everyone blames Covid
  • Qld - they wouldnt open their borders
  • Trump - pretty sure hes to blame
  • Climate Change - I mean it was a lot hotter this year, so there's that

...but we have a great coach and a team that plays for each other and never stops trying... our defense looks almost impenetrable at times and our attack is scintillating and dynamic so everything points to a successful 2021!!!

Cheer up BF... in Des we trust... ;)

Dont stress BF... we were just unlucky in 2020...

• too many injuries
  • refs kept giving 6 agains against us late in the tackle count whilst we got them early in the tackle count
  • THAT forward pass call (we could have come 10th)
  • THAT non-interference call against Knights (we could have come 9th)
  • COVID - everyone blames Covid
  • Qld - they wouldnt open their borders
  • Trump - pretty sure hes to blame
  • Climate Change - I mean it was a lot hotter this year, so there's that

...but we have a great coach and a team that plays for each other and never stops trying... our defense looks almost impenetrable at times and our attack is scintillating and dynamic so everything points to a successful 2021!!!

Cheer up BF... in Des we trust... ;)
Plus we've retained Croker

As much as I am a fan of The Shoe I will be appalled if this story is true -- and we all know how inaccurate most RL reports are.
To think that any player has the power to walk out of a contract for such a flimsy reason is ridiculous. This story is suggesting that he can dictate the recruitment policy of the club.
No, that's not on.
The NRL must back clubs and enforce contracts.If any player refuses to honour his contract then he must not be allowed to play RL anywhere else in the world until the contract period ends.
Frankly, I can't see this story having any validity. The Shoe would surely back himself to play First Grade regardless of who was in the roster.
Absolutely spot on.. The NRL must do something about players not honouring their contracts. Its a farce and a blight on the game.

It sets a dangerous precedent that players want out of their contract only because they are afraid of not being selected in the team because the club has bought a player that they believe will help them improve and achieve some success. Its ridiculous and the player agents need to be held accountable for shopping players around.

In Shuster's case he is only 19 and played 70 mins of 1st Grade football ! Yes he might end up a superstar but he has along way to go and should be made to honour the contract and its not even negotiable. Like someone else said in this thread if he's good enough he will make the team.

As much as I am a fan of The Shoe I will be appalled if this story is true -- and we all know how inaccurate most RL reports are.
To think that any player has the power to walk out of a contract for such a flimsy reason is ridiculous. This story is suggesting that he can dictate the recruitment policy of the club.
No, that's not on.
The NRL must back clubs and enforce contracts.If any player refuses to honour his contract then he must not be allowed to play RL anywhere else in the world until the contract period ends.
Frankly, I can't see this story having any validity. The Shoe would surely back himself to play First Grade regardless of who was in the roster.
He just signed an extension . So make him stay , Could be V,Landys call to step in and show his intentions to stop players breaking contracts
I wouldn’t believe anything Weilder writes anyway

Foran to hooker really?!!! The guy is a glass vase and has zero durability. The coach's friendship with this guy has affected his better judgment. IS this signing for the team or for his mate. I think the later. We need a real modern day hooker that is fast, strong, durable and a strong defender.

Absolutely spot on.. The NRL must do something about players not honouring their contracts. Its a farce and a blight on the game.

It sets a dangerous precedent that players want out of their contract only because they are afraid of not being selected in the team because the club has bought a player that they believe will help them improve and achieve some success. Its ridiculous and the player agents need to be held accountable for shopping players around.

In Shuster's case he is only 19 and played 70 mins of 1st Grade football ! Yes he might end up a superstar but he has along way to go and should be made to honour the contract and its not even negotiable. Like someone else said in this thread if he's good enough he will make the team.
Regarding contracts not being honoured maybe the nrl can impose a 30% paycut where ever the player ends up going.

Example if Joe is at Manly on $800,000 a season and wants out after signing a 2 year extension. What ever club takes Joe next has to pay 30% less salary to what Joe and the new club agree on. So Joe will only earn $680,000 at his new club.

Bulldog Ritchie this morning on BSB said he hadn't heard anything from either Schuster or his manager about Schuster wanting out if Foran signs. He did say he's spoken to Hasler who was very keen to get Foran back at Manly.

I can see arguments both for and against signing Foran, but personally I'd say no. While Foran would be a great mentor for Schuster, if we give Schuster the 6 it's not like he's on his own, he would have the current Qld and Australian half along side him. Show the confidence in him and tell him he is the 6 going forward.

Or, Shoe 6, Foz 7, DCE to hooker. Won't happen, but ... it was good enough for Tooves back in the day!
At least the proposal might be enough to get him looking for a new club, anyway @:D
Signed: Devils advocate
Some teams are going gangbusters from about the 50th minute with up tempo playmakers - all taking turns at dummy half and 1st/2nd receiver. We don't have that capability but might next year

Disagree... if a player is not being utilised by a club and another club is willing to pay him more or give him an opportunity than he should be free to take up that opportunity... the last thing we want is an soccer situation where cashed up clubs identify the talent early on, lock them up with contracts and then leave them playing in 2nd division rather than have them play for other teams...
Use it or lose it...

Bulldog Ritchie this morning on BSB said he hadn't heard anything from either Schuster or his manager about Schuster wanting out if Foran signs. He did say he's spoken to Hasler who was very keen to get Foran back at Manly.

I can see arguments both for and against signing Foran, but personally I'd say no. While Foran would be a great mentor for Schuster, if we give Schuster the 6 it's not like he's on his own, he would have the current Qld and Australian half along side him. Show the confidence in him and tell him he is the 6 going forward.
Why doesn't Manly sign Foran in a role similar to Brett Stewart?

A consulting role where he can mentor players like Schuster

I seriously doubt Foz is coming back to play 9 or act as an understudy to 1-game NRL player... if Foz signs I reckon there is a Manly jumper with 14 on it that Josh is going to become very familiar with...

Regarding contracts not being honoured maybe the nrl can impose a 30% paycut where ever the player ends up going.

Example if Joe is at Manly on $800,000 a season and wants out after signing a 2 year extension. What ever club takes Joe next has to pay 30% less salary to what Joe and the new club agree on. So Joe will only earn $680,000 at his new club.
I actually think they should give all the power to the clubs and have a draft and trading windows etc. Managers have way too much power over whole clubs. And then there's the AFB's of the game. There really does need to be a circuit breaker. Otherwise, who'd want to own a club?
See? Bad idea Scott.

I actually think they should give all the power to the clubs and have a draft and trading windows etc. Managers have way too much power over whole clubs. And then there's the AFB's of the game. There really does need to be a circuit breaker. Otherwise, who'd want to own a club?
See? Bad idea Scott.
Terry Hill says "Hi"

Disagree... if a player is not being utilised by a club and another club is willing to pay him more or give him an opportunity than he should be free to take up that opportunity... the last thing we want is an soccer situation where cashed up clubs identify the talent early on, lock them up with contracts and then leave them playing in 2nd division rather than have them play for other teams...
Use it or lose it...
Cashed up clubs? There's a salary cap isn't there? @;)

Use it or lose it...
So why have contracts then !!! Might as well just ask players to rock up when they want.

Your comparison to soccer is also flawed all good young players are loan out to get experience and game time rather than just have them sit on a 10 man bench. Its about development. Then they come back better players for it. Both the club and the player benefits. Its a very simple and logical concept. The other thing in the soccer world is that the club is compensated greatly for developing star players with the receipt of huge transfer fees if they are sold to another team.

Unlike in league where teams who develop their own talent receive nothing in return when a rich club like the rorters pay overs and pick them up ! and with your scenario even if they do have a contract.

Yeah i kinda agree. Not even a 1 game rookie who does he think he is. Play the **** in blacktown until he learns his place

So ... with absolutely no proof that Schuster has said he wants out if Foran is signed ... you go and call the kid a **** ...

and you wonder why I have very little time for you ... the way you speak about players as flogs etc and abuse them says a hell of a lot more about you than it does their ability ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4