It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People on here have been bagging Des for not blooding these young guys sooner.

Des then gives them their shot and things like this happen, some people still aren't happy.

Can't have it both ways.
Yep agree. And where are all the Hoppa advocates. Tough for the young fella but outside him getting some experience, he’s shown no more than those picked previous. Nothing seen to suggest he’s the next big thing either as he’s been portrayed on here. Des was probably right not to throw him in any earlier. And Is it me or physically does young Hoppa look like a player that’s not particularly imposing? Perhaps all the hype had me expecting more. I hope he goes well over the next few and shows some promise only 2 games in I guess. Tge debuts of Schu and Harper have overshadowed the hype around him perhaps.

benji reckons it was the best debut he s seen

"Remember his name because I tell you what, he was commanding the ball in the game where kids don't usually do that, so I was really impressed with him."

If you went to the game you wouldn't believe it was his debut the kid was so vocal and commanding it was great to watch

I lost count the amount of times that Cherry-Evans came over to Schuster side, and it was almost never as part of a combination play with him - Only time I remember was the set piece try, which Schuster was the most responsible for.

Sure you could argue Cez was trying to take pressure of Schuster, but we got far less a good good look at him, and it looks like pressure doesn’t phase him at all.

if Schuster continues as 5/8, poor Schuster only has Turbo to work well with. He needs so much more than JetSki, Waddell and Parker

I lost count the amount of times that Cherry-Evans came over to Schuster side, and it was almost never as part of a combination play with him - Only time I remember was the set piece try, which Schuster was the most responsible for.

Sure you could argue Cez was trying to take pressure of Schuster, but we got far less a good good look at him, and it looks like pressure doesn’t phase him at all.

if Schuster continues as 5/8, poor Schuster only has Turbo to work well with. He needs so much more than JetSki, Waddell and Parker
100% - I was waiting for them to go left and give him some early ball to see what he could do with his running game. Unfortunately Levi and DCE kept it in house last night and starved him a bit or cramped him out of it.

He may have got a bit kick happy last night - but he'll learn from that. Really looking forward to seeing a bit more of his running game if he can get a bit of ball on his own on that left edge. I think we'll see him given a bit more of a free rein this week with any luck. Keep DCE out of his hair and let him try and do some things off his own bat. Only way he will learn. The season is done and may as well use the remaining games to hone his play if he is seen as the solution to our 5/8 issues for next year.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10