It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All I can say at this stage is if The Shoe fits, wear it. Maxta is right. He is the type of player who will make a heap of mistakes because he is a few plays ahead of most others on the field. Burbo seemed to read him well, though that probably took huge hours of training. If he succeeds, and I will be surprised and saddened if he fails, his style of play could turn Manly's present style on its head. If he succeeds with Turbo, Albert, Funa, Walker outside him, the pedestrian play we've been watching will be at an end.
Your right Bearfax, the great Cliffy made the odd mistake from maybe overplaying the moment, but I would argue many of his so called mistakes, were more the fault of his runners who could not read his ingenius play making it appear a poor pass, whereas when it was Beaver Menzies, Mick o'Conner or say Dale Shearer off Cliffy...the passes stuck 99% of the time and they were off and gone.
When you get a natural footballer, don't try to water down the exciting ability, just hit a hole at pace and put bodies in motion....magic Will happen and they will make you look a better player because of it.....

watched schuster's only cup game (trial against sharks) kid seems to be miles ahead when reading defensive lines, I'm going with Des starting him at 5/8 with cust cut from the team and if he is starting hoppa will grab his first meat pie !!

watched schuster's only cup game (trial against sharks) kid seems to be miles ahead when reading defensive lines, I'm going with Des starting him at 5/8 with cust cut from the team and if he is starting hoppa will grab his first meat pie !!
Sounds like a plan to me. I reckon Cust is carrying some injuries and he took a shot early on Sunday which seemed to knock him around a bit. He's struggling because he isn't 100% in my opinion. So Des will play ducks and drakes till 1 hour before kickoff like he did with Hoppa to keep the pressure off, but starting Josh at 6 seems the most likely scenario. Funa to stay at 1 and Hoppa to stay at centre for sure. Be interested to see if Harper comes in for Jorge and I'd love to see Guaca get Thommos starting spot and Jetski back to bench for Waddell. But that might be too many rookies for Des's liking. Be a fresh looking team though

1. Tyfuna
2. Whisky
3. Hank
4. Hoppa
5. Harper
6. Shoe
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Levi
10. Kapow
11. Siro
12. Guaca / Jetski
13. Jurbo

14. Frog
15. Tent
16. Keppie
17. Jetski / Guaca

This kid has the ability. Before the lockdown I saw him win a game against the Drizzle youth where our team was behind with 5 minutes left and he scored a solo try that won the game.

He has the ability to know, when to pass, when to run and when to kick. He creates and our side badly needs creativity!

Your right Bearfax, the great Cliffy made the odd mistake from maybe overplaying the moment, but I would argue many of his so called mistakes, were more the fault of his runners who could not read his ingenius play making it appear a poor pass, whereas when it was Beaver Menzies, Mick o'Conner or say Dale Shearer off Cliffy...the passes stuck 99% of the time and they were off and gone.
When you get a natural footballer, don't try to water down the exciting ability, just hit a hole at pace and put bodies in motion....magic Will happen and they will make you look a better player because of it.....

That Maxta was what I was alluding to when I said he was a few plays ahead and that Burbo seemed to link effectively because no doubt he was trained over and again to follow Schuster. Perhaps I should have worded mistake better. I just recall a period when he was criticised mercilessly by certain members of the media when his moves didn't come off, and most of the time because his team mates weren't reading him well. Also probably one of the reasons he had some difficulty in rep games because he had players around him who weren't familiar with his sleight of hand

This kid has the ability. Before the lockdown I saw him win a game against the Drizzle youth where our team was behind with 5 minutes left and he scored a solo try that won the game.

He has the ability to know, when to pass, when to run and when to kick. He creates and our side badly needs creativity!

Its the uncertainty he creates in the opposition mind that makes him to me look special. Manly ned that kind of creativity.

That Maxta was what I was alluding to when I said he was a few plays ahead and that Burbo seemed to link effectively because no doubt he was trained over and again to follow Schuster. Perhaps I should have worded mistake better. I just recall a period when he was criticised mercilessly by certain members of the media when his moves didn't come off, and most of the time because his team mates weren't reading him well. Also probably one of the reasons he had some difficulty in rep games because he had players around him who weren't familiar with his sleight of hand
Very true as is your call with Burbo, who was on the end of blind inside balls and perfectly weighted delayed balls at top speed which is very hard to defend...as these are not all plan moves (some are), but these type of footballers using extraordinary footy skills,to open up defences with heads up footy you can't train to defend....been a while since we seen that and I think good as Turbo is...can only imagine him getting extra space off Schu....exciting times ahead...

I seen Funa throw a gimme intercept pass 10m out from his own line, yet Im super happy he is still in the side and hope he stays there.
The very best players (try something) and once they stop having a go and believing...they become just another plodder who plays percentages, give me an exciting footy player who makes the odd mistake, yet makes things happen others can't anyday.
Even the great Cliffy and Slater have made clangers, but are up with the best players I've seen.
Mistakes are the making of a player and are soon overtaken by match winning plays by those with the ability and belief....Schuster will be this style of player and look forward to seeing this gun light up the field.
Why do we do so many passes near our own line. It’s beyond a joke. Jorge to Garrick springs to mind. It is panic football on tackle 1

Its the uncertainty he creates in the opposition mind that makes him to me look special. Manly ned that kind of creativity.
You cant teach something like this, its instinctive and all the great players in history have this skill. We need to try and win as many games as we can before season end. For the last 10 weeks we average barely 16 points a game. I hope that injection from players like this releases the shackles and that we start looking like a scoring team again. Our defence is being pumped as opposition teams know that we rarely score beyond 20 points a game. We have nothing to lose!!

Interestingly the bloke who said he’d be named early Tuesday morning on FB also has now said he will start at 6.
Josh looks like he has trimmed down a bit since beginning of The year hope he gets his crack at it.

Interestingly the bloke who said he’d be named early Tuesday morning on FB also has now said he will start at 6.
Good article, and realistically the right move by manly, despite nostalgia.

But how do you think Kieran would go at 9?

Why do we do so many passes near our own line. It’s beyond a joke. Jorge to Garrick springs to mind. It is panic football on tackle 1
Exactly right - its panic football at its best and generally leads to a mistake, sideways footy and getting Garricked back in goal....unfortunately a team that looks lost looking for easy ways out instead of direct hard fighting footy...even the offloads are more pushed at inappropriate times that usually go nowhere...as opposed to top teams who have built pressure first and convert into points

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8