It’s official it’s over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be honest, I don't think or expect we'll have immediate success guys. I still think there is a serious attitude problem within the playing group that needs to be squashed, and the work ethic / commitment isn't there by some.

Even some of our best players (Trbojevic's) seem too outspoken and opinionated. Calling management "childish". WTF.

That backline is seriously one of the worst I've seen now (and regressed from even last season). Look through the competition, not many teams are going to be fielding that many reserve graders, and players who have expired (lost pace, mobility, intensity and speed).

This is going to be a process. I'm excited for it, don't get me wrong. It's just sad that we've gone from these two types of backlines, to our current predicament:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford

&

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Will Hopoate
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
Fcuk they were great backlines. I don’t know which one was better??

85E7C709-7C75-48A3-8A41-7A33F2E6CB2B.jpeg

Fcuk they were great backlines. I don’t know which one was better??

In my opinion, Orford was 20 times the organiser and halfback DCE is. He was one of the main reasons we became so dominant back then.

Robertson and Bell were both as under rated as you could say.

Brett Stewart & Jamie Lyon were generational players. Steve Matai close to that.

Then you had youth coming through line Wolfman and Hopoate .

Kieran Foran was also at his best (pre-injuries and life issues).

Yep, amazing, to the last.

In my opinion, Orford was 20 times the organiser and halfback DCE is. He was one of the main reasons we became so dominant back then.

Brett Stewart & Jamie Lyon were generational players. Steve Matai close to that.

Bell wasn’t underated in my opinion as he was a QLD centre in origin. Hopefully we can have another quality backline like this again.

DCE and Orford both different but great players and both won Grand finals . DCE even won the Grand final best and fairest medal .
My favourite was DCE .

DCE and Orford both different but great players and both won Grand finals . DCE even won the Grand final best and fairest medal .
My favourite was DCE .
Fair call.

I did love Ox though. He was well loved by his fellow players. He was good with the media. He was well liked by most.

He was a small man, playing above his stature, was direct, and could literally tear a team apart when we had a foot on the opposition's throat.

Us garden gnomes also stick together. Hehehe. But seriously, he was nowhere near as small as he looked in television . Guy was wider than he was tall, and worked his arse off health wise.

Fair call.

I did love Ox though. He was well loved by his fellow players. He was good with the media. He was well liked by most.

He was a small man, playing above his stature, was direct, and could literally tear a team apart when we had a foot on the opposition's throat.

Us garden gnomes also stick together. Hehehe. But seriously, he was nowhere near as small as he looked in television . Guy was wider than he was tall, and worked his arse off health wise.
The Ox was a fantastic player . He had a great style of play . As you said he was a great organizer but also had individual brilliance ,great speed and defensively was as strong as an Ox . The Ox made the Manly jumper proud

To be honest, I don't think or expect we'll have immediate success guys. I still think there is a serious attitude problem within the playing group that needs to be squashed, and the work ethic / commitment isn't there by some.

Even some of our best players (Trbojevic's) seem too outspoken and opinionated. Calling management "childish". WTF.

That backline is seriously one of the worst I've seen now (and regressed from even last season). Look through the competition, not many teams are going to be fielding that many reserve graders, and players who have expired (lost pace, mobility, intensity and speed).

This is going to be a process. I'm excited for it, don't get me wrong. It's just sad that we've gone from these two types of backlines, to our current predicament:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford

&

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Will Hopoate
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
Des needs to weed out Cartwrong. There needs a complete purge of the previous unmotivated, ordinary leadership and he's the last domino to fall hopefully.

Des needs to weed out Cartwrong. There needs a complete purge of the previous unmotivated, ordinary leadership and he's the last domino to fall hopefully.
We should have told annesley we'll release Kelly if you take back Cartwright and pay him out.

Hopefully he's off to ESL and never to be mentioned on Silvertails or associated with this club ever again. Dismal failure Penns and thanks for listening to that fukwit Gould in the first place. God I hope beesting head's plan all fall into the sht again at Panfers.

Wasn't Barrett hand picked by Bozo?

Strange how the Penn's cop all the crap and Bozo gets off scot free.

Barrett doesn't need anyone making excuses for him - he's more than happy to do that for himself. In fact in his time with us, the only thing he was consistently good at was making excuses. Sure, he had issues to face that were outside his control. Not everything was sunshine and roses. But I'm a little over the "coulda", "shoulda", "woulda" scenarios: "If this happened, then this would have followed." We don't know and we'll never know. All we do know is that the team performed poorly when he was the head coach. So now it's Des's responsibility again.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6