Is Tom's best position fullback?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Clay

Bencher
Anderson made a good one on one try saving tackle on the line Today
You rarely ever see Tom make try saving tackles, especially on the line, rarely is in position to hold players up.
He was unlucky today, but he only has himself to blame. At that point in the game wasn't worth the risk.
I'm sure Jake will give him an earfull

smithy

Reserve Grader
Watching the slime have Hayne listed wing but playing a roving role, would be worth giving Turbo and Twright a chance to play that way given there isn’t much left to play for.

Holmsey

Bencher
Ahh, back to shoving our head so far up Tommy's sugar coated ass... f#ck yeah
You want be a grub because your acting like it. I rate Tom but he produced an unlucky error today but by no means did he lose us the game. The agenda against him on here is made through blind emotion bulls*it.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
You want be a grub because your acting like it. I rate Tom but he produced an unlucky error today but by no means did he lose us the game. The agenda against him on here is made through blind emotion bulls*it.
The emotions expressed by many about Turbo's shortcomings (and despite all his talents and brilliance he has plenty of them) are no different to the same emotional reactivity you display through your on-going defence of Turbo regardless of performances. Look in the mirror at your own emotional BS.

Holmsey

Bencher
The emotions expressed by many about Turbo's shortcomings (and despite all his talents and brilliance he has plenty of them) are no different to the same emotional reactivity you display through your on-going defence of Turbo regardless of performances. Look in the mirror at your own emotional BS.
I can back it up with stats instead the usual "Tom is Crap I HaTe HiM he NeEds TO DiE"

His defence is nowhere near what is needed from a FG fullback. He never offers cover support for his outside backs and misses far too many or makes ineffective tackles. he is rarely in the vicinity when tries are scored out wide against us, unless he was on that side already.

Hasn't broken the line returning the ball for about 3 months and cramps the left side in attack by always heading toward the touchline, if he enters on the right side he runs sideways. WTF?

He costs us a LOT of points and needs to shift to the centres or wing.

It's probably poor coaching more than anything else.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I look at Tom play and I see a kid with wonderful ability and a desire to be at the top, only to be let down by his inconsistent play.

I really think that the way the team tactics being used are blunting our biggest attacking weapon . I want to see our halves create chances . He right now easier to contain a he often is first receiver when we have the ball.

He is being forced to make more decisions in defence as the guys outside him just do not defend as a unit. Our right side defence is a disaster!! Our backs don't deal with bombs and concede too many restarts and points.

I am frustrated that Tom is not being used correctly and that he is making too many costly mistakes.

He will improve with the right coaching and team structure! !

Moops

Bencher
I look at Tom play and I see a kid with wonderful ability and a desire to be at the top, only to be let down by his inconsistent play.

I really think that the way the team tactics being used are blunting our biggest attacking weapon . I want to see our halves create chances . He right now easier to contain a he often is first receiver when we have the ball.

He is being forced to make more decisions in defence as the guys outside him just do not defend as a unit. Our right side defence is a disaster!! Our backs don't deal with bombs and concede too many restarts and points.

I am frustrated that Tom is not being used correctly and that he is making too many costly mistakes.

Just how good would he be under a coach like Bellamy? As somebody has mentioned here previously, TT hasn't developed for two years. He was good for NSW because all he had to do was hit it up.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Just how good would he be under a coach like Bellamy? As somebody has mentioned here previously, TT hasn't developed for two years. He was good for NSW because all he had to do was hit it up.
A potential yardstick is where Graham Eadie was at a similar point in his career - i.e. 1974, when he won the Rothmans Medal.

Admittedly Wombat had been playing in a great team surrounded by champion players. But he was a safe pair of hands, a great defender and an incisive attacking player from the start. And as a bonus, he could kick goals, lots of them.

Tom is a long way behind that benchmark. He has had too much expectation placed on his young shoulders, in an immature team.

XV-1

First Grader

If he was playing under Bellamy, he would not be fullback- even if Billy was not in the team. He would be on the wing or centre.

Look at Mitchell at Easts. He was too young, immature and lazy to play fullback, so they moved him to the wing, then centre. He is just about the best centre in the game now.

Holmsey

Bencher
If he was playing under Bellamy, he would not be fullback- even if Billy was not in the team. He would be on the wing or centre.

Look at Mitchell at Easts. He was too young, immature and lazy to play fullback, so they moved him to the wing, then centre. He is just about the best centre in the game now.
That is absolute Bull. Most clubs would jump at the chance to sign Tom up at fullback. If he was under Bellamy he would be the best in the game.

Agree with everything but the fullback is a big part of the outside backs defence unit. Tom is not a part of ours.
Probably coaching.

Mitch

Bencher
Well if Rugby League doesn’t work out for Turbo I reckon he could get a gig in another entertainment industry by the looks of this snap from yesterday.

0FBEFE64-E59F-42AB-9C38-1F26B298DEB4.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18