Is this what we want the game to be ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The rule is a mistake it is unwinding the fabric of this great game. Changes of this nature should never ever occur mid season without coach / player consultation, feedback and Due process. Another Nero moment by the head Honcho.

Thank you for your view feathered friend as this great forum of ours gives all of us fans to express our views .
I like the faster game as it exposes the weaknesses and punishes them
It exposes mediocre players , unfit players , slow players , players that are not focused or disciplined
The bar has been raised and mediocre players will be erased from the game
These new rules have raised the bar for players to perform at higher levels for 80 minutes
Our game has evolved to its highest ever level .

I understand the sentiment Bozo but there are limits in my view.

I liken it to players doing the beep test. The player will eventually get beaten.
The greyhound will never catch the rabbit at Dapto dogs.

You say that mediocre players will be erased. But you can also look at from the other point of view. Even a mediocre player can make a break when the opposition has been tackling non stop for 10 minutes and they're totally buggered. So that may well serve to keep them in the game. (Lachlan Croker; I'm looking at you)

I understand the sentiment Bozo but there are limits in my view.

I liken it to players doing the beep test. The player will eventually get beaten.
The greyhound will never catch the rabbit at Dapto dogs.

You say that mediocre players will be erased. But you can also look at from the other point of view. Even a mediocre player can make a break when the opposition has been tackling non stop for 10 minutes and they're totally buggered. So that may well serve to keep them in the game. (Lachlan Croker; I'm looking at you)
IMO its not about rabbits and dogs . It is all about discipline play
The players can only get beaten from them selves from undisciplined play

Mediocre players will be erased as the faster game exposes mediocrity

The trouble is with the funds WE have available how do we get say 26 good to great first graders playing for us , rather than 3-4 great ones , 3-4 good ones and the rest bog standard mediocre????

[QUOTE="BOZO, post: 1280434, member: 2243"

Mediocre players will be erased as the faster game exposes mediocrity
[/QUOTE]
Hi Bozo
I'm not going to play post tennis with you on this but I have to disagree.
I think the faster game is creating mediocrity. It's creating teams too tired to tackle and then after 20 minutes without the ball, they are too stuffed to attack, unless they get their run of 6 agains.
It used to be quite heroic to run down an 18 nil lead.
Not anymore.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8