Is this the biggest mistake or what?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I did Hear a Rumour that Will Hoppa was in negotiations for a Unders Deal for next year and maybe upgrade after that

Yes the only possible way this even makes a shred of sense is if there's plenty of "strings" attached to John's appointment. I think we all know what that means really. But given John's history he will find himself in strife again before long.....probably long before any of the juniors pull on a jersey.

I'm not going to tear up my membership over it - but this is crazy crazy stuff.

The only way I can see for Will to come here is that Matai is moving on or the plan is for Lyon to play 6.

Last edited:
The only way I can see for Will to come here is that Matai is moving on it the plan is for Lyon to play 6.

Can't see the point of it ( Hoppa) unless it's something like that.

And yes I did twig to the possible synergy of the announcement.

Maybe the same deal, half of the salary paid to Hoppa Snr to escape the cap.

It's blatantly obvious why the club has appointed him and absolutely reeks of 'how to keep the young Hopoates at Manly'.

I am not sure this is going to end up well for the club as discipline comes from the coach and John doesn't appear to be someone big on discipline and appropriate behaviour and he certainly doesn't seem to have been too successful with his own son, Jamil so far. However, in fairness, there hasn't been a squeak from the other boys as yet, so maybe Jamil is just the 'black sheep' (like his father).

Hopefully the club has dundertaken due diligence and spoken to the parents of the Harold Matthews side to see how they feel about their son's playing under Hoppa. If not, we could find a massive amount of potential junior talent disappearing to the Bears,the Wyong Roos or rugby.

I am sure Zorba has got his finger in the pie, I mean on the pulse.

I am sure they want Will back but probably not this year. Jamie Lyon is only contracted to the end of 2016 and I really can't see him staying on, but he may take another sabbatical in the UK to fill the coffers for a couple, like Beaver did.

I just can't see how given what's going on at Parra that William will be there next year. He says he wants to stay but is it for the money or his mates, as he'd have more mates at Manly.

If Hoppa was to demonstrate what he professes as his Mormon beliefs, he'd be saying to Jamil, 'You've served your time now serve some more as a Mormon missionary like your brother did and get your head together
Could we get Dean Ware back? Trent, can you look into that please?
Wonderful... we'd be back to the good old days with representative players in firsts and reserves... good times!

It's blatantly obvious why the club has appointed him and absolutely reeks of 'how to keep the young Hopoates at Manly'.

I am not sure this is going to end up well for the club as discipline comes from the coach and John doesn't appear to be someone big on discipline and appropriate behaviour and he certainly doesn't seem to have been too successful with his own son, Jamil so far. However, in fairness, there hasn't been a squeak from the other boys as yet, so maybe Jamil is just the 'black sheep' (like his father).

Hopefully the club has dundertaken due diligence and spoken to the parents of the Harold Matthews side to see how they feel about their son's playing under Hoppa. If not, we could find a massive amount of potential junior talent disappearing to the Bears,the Wyong Roos or rugby.

I am sure Zorba has got his finger in the pie, I mean on the pulse.
Sg ball mate. And he has been assisting with the younger boys for a few years now and they all seem to like and respect him, let's give the guy a go .

Reported on tonight's 10 News that the NRL Integrity Commission are investigating this.

This is one of those times you hope they tell the owners that this is unacceptable and they need to look elsewhere. And in the process, Fulton is fatally exposed (and with his judgement adrift), 'tears his party dress' (not for the first time) and flocks off - taking the offspring with him. Mr Fluffy and Silent P take out their anger on ZtH, which sees Barb's husband depart the organisation heading for an early grave, a broken man. The Forestville TAB closes up, as 80% of their business has disappeared. The Fluffy/P combo decide it's too hot in the kitchen, pull the pin and the NRL steps in.

Then came Toovey...as CEO, with Paul Cummings lending a hand. They arrange for Jack Hughman to buy into the organisation, taking over the Penn shareholding. Hugh uses his winning ways (a la Malcolm Turnbull, as opposed to Tony Abbott) to negotiate a deal for the leagues club to move to North Manly and that organisation starts making money again that assists the Sea Eagles.

Hugh, Geoff and Paul restore relations with Council and the $10 million Federal grant is put to work at Brookvale. In turn, Club and Council start working towards further realistic upgrades of Brookvale, into a winning blend of suburban ground/suburban stadium.

The Hopoate family are forever banished, Gutho returns. All is right with the world.

Last edited:
Well this is only the first Act, so it's a bit tough to say it stinks already. At least wait until intermission before passing judgment!

Mate just answering the question, and only from what I read on here and elsewhere.

I'm not anti Bozo, if he could land Taupau he's a bloody genius !!

At least the Ivan Cleary sacking and the David Smith resignation have overshadowed this decision s bit and diverted a lot of people's attention away from it. That is literally the only positive about this stupid, stupid decision.

Really how many lifelines do we need to throw at Hoppa? Sure he's used up all nine by now.

Did he help the club retain his mormon wandering son? Nah. Didn't he work at Parra for a while? When you crap on someone and cut your ties you don't let them back.

Maybe he has some goat photos. That must have been some weekend.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6