Is there a pattern developing here?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You’re kidding right. 5 years of data....5 years. Out of curiosity, and to point to the laziness comment, what do you read into that data that mere mortals cannot comprehend, rather than a few lazy throwaway lines.
To keep it simple for the "mere mortals here" Brisbane play like soft co*k*, along with everything else i mentioned (that is not to say what i have stated are the reasons just "my opinion")

So you honestly think there is this big conspiracy that has every single Ref on board, several higher ups delivering the same message and not a single word of this secret societies agenda against Manly has ever made it to at least one media outlet.

There are many other reasons/variables not added to my "dribbler" list but i didn't want to distance myself too much from the "mere mortals" to remain "relatable".

For example---How many coaches in that time frame(Manly had two inexperienced coaches that could lead to ill discipline), player turn over etc etc etc the list can go for ages, you have to filter down the main factors which is the art of analyzing data----making a contributing list is boringly simple work.

Last edited:
If I were Des I would be requesting the refs boss to send a first grade ref to one of our training sessions each week until we see some improvement. Surely it would put the emphasis back on the refs to some extent if they were to guide us into better behaviour. Coaches are not allowed to criticise the refs but surely they are entitled to some guidance and indicators as to what we are doing so horribly worse than other teams. I don’t actually believe we are worse most of the time, we just seem to be penalised for what other teams get away with

If I were Des I would be requesting the refs boss to send a first grade ref to one of our training sessions each week until we see some improvement. Surely it would put the emphasis back on the refs to some extent if they were to guide us into better behaviour. Coaches are not allowed to criticise the refs but surely they are entitled to some guidance and indicators as to what we are doing so horribly worse than other teams. I don’t actually believe we are worse most of the time, we just seem to be penalised for what other teams get away with
Well executed efficient clinical attack and a well organized fast line speed aggressive defense offers greater returns than reducing your penalty count by 10-20%.

Well executed efficient clinical attack and a well organized fast line speed aggressive defense offers greater returns than reducing your penalty count by 10-20%.

All teams get gassed. Where and when penalties ate awarded as to just numbers is another area league fans are highly suss about. I would fathom a brace of believing penalties can give a team an advanrage for up to 10 monutes in a game of 80.

At times the brocos seem like John Bertrand and the ref boss is a winged keel

To keep it simple for the "mere mortals here" Brisbane play like soft co*k*, along with everything else i mentioned (that is not to say what i have stated are the reasons just "my opinion")

So you honestly think there is this big conspiracy that has every single Ref on board, several higher ups delivering the same message and not a single word of this secret societies agenda against Manly has ever made it to at least one media outlet.

There are many other reasons/variables not added to my "dribbler" list but i didn't want to distance myself too much from the "mere mortals" to remain "relatable".

For example---How many coaches in that time frame(Manly had two inexperienced coaches that could lead to ill discipline), player turn over etc etc etc the list can go for ages, you have to filter down the main factors which is the art of analyzing data----making a contributing list is boringly simple work.
The stats that were poste are indeed extremely basic. Perhaps if we had access and studies done on other variables at play it may shed some more light on the situation.

But the stats don't lie. We have been consistently one of the most penalised team in the competition over the past 5 years. We have Des now who is no rookie coach and big on discipline. Yet we find ourselves in top 3 for conceding most penalties per game this year?

It's no conspiracy that we have openly been touted as one of the most hated clubs in the competition by the media. That stigma and bias still lingers on. I'd put more credence on this as an explanation as to why we get beaten more times by the penalty stick than the Broncos who get off lightly simply because they play like soft c.ocks.

I don’t believe in conspiracy theories, but I do believe in bias. Anyway Spartan summed it up nicely, so I’ll leave it to you to engage the data scientists on the contributing factors and share the insights on why we are so mischievous.

giphy.gif

The stats that were poste are indeed extremely basic. Perhaps if we had access and studies done on other variables at play it may shed some more light on the situation.

But the stats don't lie. We have been consistently one of the most penalised team in the competition over the past 5 years. We have Des now who is no rookie coach and big on discipline. Yet we find ourselves in top 3 for conceding most penalties per game this year?

It's no conspiracy that we have openly been touted as one of the most hated clubs in the competition by the media. That stigma and bias still lingers on. I'd put more credence on this as an explanation as to why we get beaten more times by the penalty stick than the Broncos who get off lightly simply because they play like soft c.ocks.
You can also have a disciplined approach to training, be a disciplinarian a control freak etc etc but also push the boundaries of the rules---Manly have always pushed the boundaries, nearly always play in a more physical way relative to other clubs over the years.

All i am saying is you can read anything into stats if you have a bias.

The soft co*ks comment was to appease the mere mortal simpletons who appreciate a less detailed explanation going off the post i replied to.

Those stats don’t lie. There is clear favouritism for the Broncos from the referees. Remarkable that even with a grub like Josh Maguire in their side previously, they had still managed to be the least penalised team.

The Broncos only have themselves to blame for their current premiership drought as they have been very well looked after on the field

That grub was at it again last night..just can't help himself the dirty prick.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/23/rep-round-charges-lino-in-strife-over-dangerous-contact/

Last edited:
Just look at the game yesterday. See where and what for were the penalties against us. Then watch Souffs doing the same things and not getting penalised. It's biased bulksht refereeing simple as that otherwise why is there such a difference ?? Then the 2nd half. 3 penalties and we were all over them. The game was lost in 1st half due to one sided refereeing.

Those stats don’t lie. There is clear favouritism for the Broncos from the referees. Remarkable that even with a grub like Josh Maguire in their side previously, they had still managed to be the least penalised team.

The Broncos only have themselves to blame for their current premiership drought as they have been very well looked after on the field
It’s penalty free Friday.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4