Is there a pattern developing here?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was just going through some NRL stats as I have been intrigued of late given the hiding we have been copping from the refs to try to determine if indeed there is a real biased against us. I looked at the average penalties we have conceded per game over the last 5 years.

Now to make things a bit more interesting I compared Manly against the donkeys, the darlings of the game... Off the field they get the most free to air coverage, more access to corporate sponsors, and hall passes from the NRL cronies..and ON field they seem to get preferential treatment by the refereeing establishment.
Either our players are inherently a bunch of undisciplined misfits and the donkeys squeaky clean choir boys or there must be something sinister at play.

Surely stats don't lie!

Below shows the ranking of Manly and the Broncos in the respective seasons;

Manly Equal 4th most penalised
Broncos 16th (least)

Manly 1st (most penalised)
Broncos 16th (least)

Manly 2nd
Broncos 14th

Manly 4th
Broncos 13th

2019 currently after 14 rounds

Manly equal 2nd
Broncos equal last

And there it is! What about the Souths darlings? I am surprised the club lets it slide year after year, considering how obvious it all seems...

Why aren’t the journos and news hounds running with this story - they can even leave us out of it and focus on purely Bronco favoritism from Greenturd and co.

PS I reckon Raiders would be close to us in most penalties as well

Those stats don’t lie. There is clear favouritism for the Broncos from the referees. Remarkable that even with a grub like Josh Maguire in their side previously, they had still managed to be the least penalised team.

The Broncos only have themselves to blame for their current premiership drought as they have been very well looked after on the field

Nice look at the stats.

Didn't the Roosters go through a period of being the most penalised in the comp, yet one of the most successful clubs in recent times...?

Where did they rank?

2019. 9th
2018. 9th
2917. 10th
2016. 13th
2015. 10th
2014 4th
2013 1st

I was just going through some NRL stats as I have been intrigued of late given the hiding we have been copping from the refs to try to determine if indeed there is a real biased against us. I looked at the average penalties we have conceded per game over the last 5 years.

Now to make things a bit more interesting I compared Manly against the donkeys, the darlings of the game... Off the field they get the most free to air coverage, more access to corporate sponsors, and hall passes from the NRL cronies..and ON field they seem to get preferential treatment by the refereeing establishment.
Either our players are inherently a bunch of undisciplined misfits and the donkeys squeaky clean choir boys or there must be something sinister at play.

Surely stats don't lie!

Below shows the ranking of Manly and the Broncos in the respective seasons;

Manly Equal 4th most penalised
Broncos 16th (least)

Manly 1st (most penalised)
Broncos 16th (least)

Manly 2nd
Broncos 14th

Manly 4th
Broncos 13th

2019 currently after 14 rounds

Manly equal 2nd
Broncos equal last
Where do the stats come from. I would like to extrapolate for all teams and maybe even include home and away stats to see if there is a difference.

And up until last year Brisbane had McGuire playing for them too, arguably the dirtiest player in the game.
Despite being a grub he didn't even rate in the top 50 penalised players when playing for the donkeys in recent times. He was ranked 30th as the most penalised player back in 2014. He currently sits at 43rd playing for the cows...even Jurbo, Api and Sironnen have conceded more penalties than him this year. Imagine if he played for us..he would be suspended for most of the time.

The stats would be more interesting when fully researched for possible reasons why and not just number crunching and going up in arms that some conspiracy is at play.

More TV games might promote lower penalty counts for a "better" spectacle, the nature/style teams play defensively and attack wise, maybe suburban grounds with fans closer to the action influence or pressure refs to hand out more penalties, poor coaching not pushing the boundaries of the rules, fast tracks that create more open expansive games compared to some poor suburban grounds, day vs night games etc etc etc......

The Broncos have never really played with an aggressive defense and have mostly been boring to watch both in attack and defense----- stuck in the year 2000 over the years in how they play the game.

Other factors could be one city teams being more isolated have less grudge matches, maybe the exchange of game ideas/knowledge through the closeness of Sydney clubs in proximity to each other lends itself to pushing the envelope more rules wise and is a breeding ground for new ideas.

Not saying the above are the reasons but does make for some interesting analysis, or maybe it really does just boils down to favoritism/bias.

In 2013 the Roosters were by far and away the most penalised team in the comp but miraculously they suddenly became incredibly disciplined in the GF.
How true. That season they conceded an average of 8.4 penalties a game...yet when they played us they only leaked 2 on GF day!

The stats would be more interesting when fully researched for possible reasons why and not just number crunching and going up in arms that some conspiracy is at play.

More TV games might promote lower penalty counts for a "better" spectacle, the nature/style teams play defensively and attack wise, maybe suburban grounds with fans closer to the action influence or pressure refs to hand out more penalties, poor coaching not pushing the boundaries of the rules, fast tracks that create more open expansive games compared to some poor suburban grounds, day vs night games etc etc etc......

The Broncos have never really played with an aggressive defense and have mostly been boring to watch both in attack and defense----- stuck in the year 2000 over the years in how they play the game.

Other factors could be one city teams being more isolated have less grudge matches, maybe the exchange of game ideas/knowledge through the closeness of Sydney clubs in proximity to each other lends itself to pushing the envelope more rules wise and is a breeding ground for new ideas.

Not saying the above are the reasons but does make for some interesting analysis, or maybe it really does just boils down to favoritism/bias.

No offence mate, but that is utter crap. Stats might lie over 1 game, but over 5 seasons with consistent trend data, it is damning.

No offence mate, but that is utter crap. Stats might lie over 1 game, but over 5 seasons with consistent trend data, it is damning.
Well it appears you are convinced good for you.

I'm not saying the above are the reasons but that to not look into the numbers a little more is laziness, conversely you can say i am over complicating the data.

All good.

ps (just start with Utter Crap, the small talk niceties of "No offence mate"leading up to that statement is not necessary, you don't need to soften the blow.)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4