Is the tide turning?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Is it just me or is the tide slowly turning for us? Despite our injuries, we have a relatively easy draw from here on in, including 5 games at Brookie. If we don't give up and not get any more injuries, I reckon we could have a really good finish this year like last season! Our players seem pretty fired up about Sunday and the Panthers have Hiku, Soward and Segeyaro all out. Manly by 4, with Tom Trobjevic to get the man of the match. We seem to also have good mentality, as we always come good right at the end of the game.

Remain vigilant, be patient and never give up on this team. This week looks promising!

Is it just me or is the tide slowly turning for us? Despite our injuries, we have a relatively easy draw from here on in, including 5 games at Brookie. If we don't give up and not get any more injuries, I reckon we could have a really good finish this year like last season! Our players seem pretty fired up about Sunday and the Panthers have Hiku, Soward and Segeyaro all out. Manly by 4, with Tom Trobjevic to get the man of the match. We seem to also have good mentality, as we always come good right at the end of the game.

Remain vigilant, be patient and never give up on this team. This week looks promising!
I have a feeling we will win and people will be saying we r back in it for top 8, but then we flop again next week

LMFAO.......Ahahahahahahahahahahaah

Stop it, please stop it, it's hurting now. Oh fock me I think something is damaged..................

At this stage I am really hoping we don't get the spoon. I would love to think we can get into the 8, but I am not confident of that at all.

And honestly I am over the positive 'press talk ups' before games, what is different this week really to last. Three things in particular we don't have our captain nor DCE. And our opposition is different.....!

From last week to this week have we also magically formed an amazing defence and attack strategy, have we magically recruited skilful forwards and some decent wingers, I don't think so. So I do not expect anything different to what has been dished up in the previous 13 rounds. We might jag a win here and there, might being the operative word, but I am just hoping we avoid 16th position at all costs.

Ah at first reading the thread and seeing all this positive stuff I was like...

giphy.gif

Then as I got down the bottom...

giphy.gif

Order had been restored.

Last edited:
If you adjust your tide cycle to be a decade long competitive cycle then you will all feel that much better about things.

On the low slung swing viewpoint we have just now turning the corner. You people really do need to get some positive long term perspective.

To subscribe to this buoyant viewpoint log on here.......................

I read somewhere Barrett saying that we had 10 different spines in 13 games because of injury. Don't know how people expect us to be top 8 with that, on top of everything else.

The main complaint is always about how disjointed we look. Well how can we look cohesive without the ability to field a consistent core? Anyone who's played sport at any level knows if you keep shuffling the roster (forced in our case) you'll be all over the shop.

Love the optimism but you're dreamin'. This team has shown me nothing this year. Nothing. Playing like strangers. Very hard to watch but I'll be there.....

I read somewhere Barrett saying that we had 10 different spines in 13 games. Don't know how people expect us to be top 8 with that, on top of everything else.
I just want to see some passion and some effort not just more plod and blah........

Love the optimism but you're dreamin'. This team has shown me nothing this year. Nothing. Playing like strangers. Very hard to watch but I'll be there.....

With the exception of the first 2 games, this team has shown me something positive every game. Unfortunately with no consistency.

A player plays great one week then not the next or is injured. The team plays great for a half, but then ordinary and then the team changes.

It really is the strangest year I have witnessed since 1970.

I will be there as well. I just refuse to give up! I don't care what the "odds" are against us. As long as we don't throw in the towel before round 26 I will be happy!

Don't stop fighting and keep believing! We are Manly, there is no such word as "CAN'T" here.

With the exception of the first 2 games, this team has shown me something positive every game. Unfortunately with no consistency.

A player plays great one week then not the next or is injured. The team plays great for a half, but then ordinary and then the team changes.

It really is the strangest year I have witnessed since 1970.
I think what's frustrating me is that after the **** 2015 season I had real hope that this season might be better and I am so disappointed with how this season has played out. Unfortunately, with this mob in charge I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel either.....

I think what's frustrating me is that after the **** 2015 season I had real hope that this season might be better and I am so disappointed with how this season has played out. Unfortunately, with this mob in charge I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel either.....

Give yourself three uppercuts for that last sentence.

Two boofheads were giving me **** today about Manly, when they had finished I said, "yeah, but you know one thing for certain, we'll be back" and they agreed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4