Is Siro the Real Deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apart from RM, not a huge difference when compared to our new savior ..... ( I'm a Joe T fan so don't start on me!)
Its not what you do but the way that you do it . Thommo does every thing hard . He makes a statement . Thommo is a tough mother fcker

I think he got better as the year went on then injury struck , but should be in for a big season .
He is young and does have potential to become a dominant back rower . We will have to wait and see

Sirro did enough for Twenty in the 2nd row to suggest he is worth another year in 2018.
No-one that posts on this site (unless I ignored them of course) knows and publishes the game plans for Manly 2nd rowers.

I am sure we would all love Jason T and Boyd C to be our 2nd row. But that's not going to happen.

Find Twenty a better 2nd rower for 300-400k (Sirro) or Franky (200-300K) and you can have a job as Manlys recruiter.

Is Sirro the real deal?

Was Sirro ever expected to be the "real deal" ? , or is he just the affordable guy, in the right place, at the right time.

One thing is for certain though, he is more "real" than stats posters.

Sirro did enough for Twenty in the 2nd row to suggest he is worth another year in 2018.
No-one that posts on this site (unless I ignored them of course) knows and publishes the game plans for Manly 2nd rowers.

I am sure we would all love Jason T and Boyd C to be our 2nd row. But that's not going to happen.

Find Twenty a better 2nd rower for 300-400k (Sirro) or Franky (200-300K) and you can have a job as Manlys recruiter.

Is Sirro the real deal?

Was Sirro ever expected to be the "real deal" ? , or is he just the affordable guy, in the right place, at the right time.

One thing is for certain though, he is more "real" than stats posters.
Find Twenty a better 2nd rower for 300-400k (Sirro) or Franky (200-300K) and you can have a job as Manlys recruiter...............................
Our recruiter has and His name is Joel Thompson and he is on over 600k .

I am sure we would all love Jason T and Boyd C to be our 2nd row. But that's not going to happen.....................................
We are rebuilding and if Sirro and Frank don't fire in 2018 be certain that the club will add another quality back rower .

He is young and does have potential to become a dominant back rower . We will have to wait and see

Sirro was a walkup start for our backrow last year. This season this is not guaranteed. Competition for his backrow spot, plus the fact that the other starting backrowers ARE guaranteed a spot, should result in Sirro having a breakout year. If it doesnt eventuate for him in 2018, I doubt it ever will.

He should also benefit from playing alongside Jake and Thompson, based on their experience, workrate and determination. If that doesn't happen, and his "stats" don't measure up in 2018, he will be moved back onto the bench.

Sirro was a walkup start for our backrow last year. This season this is not guaranteed. Competition for his backrow spot, plus the fact that the other starting backrowers ARE guaranteed a spot, should result in Sirro having a breakout year. If it doesnt eventuate for him in 2018, I doubt it ever will.

He should also benefit from playing alongside Jake and Thompson, based on their experience, workrate and determination. If that doesn't happen, and his "stats" don't measure up in 2018, he will be moved back onto the bench.
I agree with you 100% Simmo
Potential does not guarantee a thing
Performance does
Bring on 2018 !!!

I agree with you 100% Simmo
Potential does not guarantee a thing
Performance does
Bring on 2018 !!!

So Bozo, you don't think Kelly, Sironen, Winterstein and Brown are up to par mate?

FMD you're a though marker mate.

Hope you like the other half of the team.

So Bozo, you don't think Kelly, Sironen, Winterstein and Brown are up to par mate?

FMD you're a though marker mate.

Hope you like the other half of the team.
The NRL is a tough comp and that is why we dropped out early in the semi finals with your mates Kelly, Siro, Winterstien and Brown . They all need to go one gear up if they our team is to improve .

Just my opinion mate as you have yours

Last edited:
I agree with @BOZO, those players mentioned apart from Brown all have talent and were playing inconsistent footy, certainly well below their potential and what is required to challenge for the comp.

Brown and Winterstein are solid performers who may improve under Barrett's tutorage. But they are already established mature footballers so we cant expect vast improvement.

Kelly and Sirro are another issue entirely. They are both very young for their respective positions and are still developing. They may or may not reach the next level, but that applies to every young footballer there is. Both though have the credentials I believe to reach rep level status. Judging them too early is a common mistake.

I remember when Steve Smith, the cricketer, was coming into first class cricket. He was described as 'school boy' style, hopeless and had little future. From the little things he was doing, I remember thinking the kid was destined for test cricket. He even surpassed my expectations.

I see elements of that natural ability especially in Kelly. Far too early to judge him. But if he commits himself enough, I see someone who could be playing tests in a few years. I remembered being laughed at when I said the same about Smith. Just watch the little things a player does, and how easily they manage things that should be hard. It shows what they are really capable of. I remember also noticing those little things with a young centre playing for Norths called Cliff Lyons, and was thrilled when Manly bought him.

The NRL is a tough comp and that is why we dropped out early in the semi finals with your mates Kelly, Siro, Winterstien and Brown . They all need to go one gear up if they our team is to improve .

Just my opinion mate as you have yours

I agree ... but they are not the only ones that need to up it a notch ... imho

For mine its no coincidence that our mid-season form slump coincided with Jorge and Siro's injuries.

Personally I think that with Siro, Thompson and of course Jake....we have one of the best back rows in the NRL right now.

agreed and with Tanginoa, Winterstein, Gosiewski, Lane, Lewis B & Haumole Olakauátu and more (Jamil?, Keith Titmuss), waiting in the wings ... :)

Once we get past Winterstein, Brown and Lane.....we are a bit light on for experience though. Potential yes, experience.....

Which is why its vital that Jake, Siro, Thommo, Frank, Lewis and Lane remain relatively healthy.

Both Siro and Winterstein are, and have always been capable of producing more run metres .. 1 or 2 extra runs a game and they are both over 1oom ... why some think this is important is beyond me however. To achieve this would be simple ... reduce by 1 or 2 runs a game by someone else ... just change the game pattern .... but hold on ...

The more important stat would be the overall team run metres ... and in this I believe Manly was well placed .. which would indicate to even the dullest stats student of the game .. that Baz's pattern was working reasonably well.

Certainly if you had a JT or Cordner, even Baz would adjust to ensure they got their hands on the ball more often ... but Siro and Frankie played to the team structure ..

Next year I believe with a new 5/8 on the right and a better drilled team the patterns and structure will be upgraded and whoever plays 2nd row be, it Thommo, Siro, Winterstein, JetSki or others they will have a more expansive attacking role.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8