Is Paul Kent the self appointed God and Judge of the NRL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Watching NRL360 and his grilling of Ivan Cleary over tunnel-gate (!), am I watching a new ugly era in TV coverage? Where the media via bullies like Kent set themselves up as a full on judicial court where managers, players anyone can be taken apart and pulled to bits on TV? It smells bad, real bad. Kent has grown into an arrogant overblown self opinionated tool of the very highest order. And I believe he played one 1st grade game back in the day. Do we need this? Is this good for RL?

What an arrogant bunch of twats. Maybe that's what they think people want. I'll be giving them a wide berth.

Watching NRL360 and his grilling of Ivan Cleary over tunnel-gate (!), am I watching a new ugly era in TV coverage? Where the media via bullies like Kent set themselves up as a full on judicial court where managers, players anyone can be taken apart and pulled to bits on TV? It smells bad, real bad. Kent has grown into an arrogant overblown self opinionated tool of the very highest order. And I believe he played one 1st grade game back in the day. Do we need this? Is this good for RL?

I can’t remember which thread but Kent and His arrogance was discussed quite extensively

Your post is accurate mate

Dead set tool and king of cheap shots
He is getting worse and a champion for lost causes and needs to be held to account

He needs to be knocked down a peg or two

Any prik can be a critic

I actually don’t mind Kent. I watched 100% footy with their stick on coaches stuff last night. Seriously. He’s good on Matty Johns podcast and on triple M on sundays. We are well better represented as consumers with someone like him then the old continuous call giggle athon stuff I grew up with. He has the games interest at heart unlike Buzz Tre Boyd a vix. I know he went off half cocked against snake but I forgive him for that because he seems pretty articulate for someone with a healthy dose of small man.

The midgets a peanut who cares what he says and thinks.. i haven't watched 360 since last year because of him. The guy just talks **** and arks up over whatever he can just to get attention and ratings.

The guy has lost the plot. He really believes that the NRL is better off with him telling the "truth", taking the NRL to task and asking the hard questions.
He carries on like a spoilt brat and NO ONE can tell him he is wrong. NRL360 is worst off with him on it this year and as for the podcast......Fox are really struggling for quality TV.

He is just a f#ckwit.

I'm with Kent here.

Having a Coach address a referee at anytime during the game is illegal in every sport.

Cleary should have been fined for telling Klein that the other side was lying over his players :cool:

I play a sport where the coach can talk to the umpire anytime during the game.

I'm with Kent here.

Having a Coach address a referee at anytime during the game is illegal in every sport.

Cleary should have been fined for telling Klein that the other side was lying over his players :cool:
I agreed with your post because I like you HM but you should do yourself a favour and watch ‘last chance U’ on Netflix. Seriously the only reason I still shell out the eleven bucks a month. That and stranger things, since Marvel stuff went weird and Disney took their bag and ball, oh and there has been no Rick and Morty for so long.

Yeah, but we would be jumping out of our skins if he did it to Greenturd.
He has tried but Greenberg is a slippery berg. The old ‘slippery berg todd’ (see what I did there it’s like turd and Bog but without saying it!) has dodged him with double speak but he actually made Beaty seem good when he grilled him and Annesly look a muppet with Hawkeye stuff.

Honestly looked like some sort of royal commission.
Kent then a summing up by Crawley, seems if a coach rings a 'journo' these days, and I do use that term loosely considering they featured a true league journo in Chippy Frilingos, he's just going to be hounded like hell.
That story was old news.
It has washed kilometres away in my mind so the only reason it was on was a self justification for Kent.
And I think Cleary is an easy target.
He wouldn't have had it so easy against a Gibson, Bennett, Bellamy or especially Dessie.
None of whom would have wasted there time anyway.
Poor era for the sports reporting standards.

Haven’t got Fox where we are at present ( ****ing tree’s which stop the signal) so missed this but I must say Kent is about the only one up the NRL for the rent these days so I’m sort of pro what he does ( at times ).

You nailed it.

Yes Kent is a dick. However I'm ok with him calling out the NRL and coaches as long as it's not a set up.
Last night was cringeworthy.

Cleary looked like he'd been called to the principal's office for a telling off. If anything last night was Ivan's fault for acting like a pussy. He should have sat opposite Kent and met him head on.
With that display Cleary has possibly put the first nail in his own career coffin. How can a team of petulant man boys possibly respect their coach after that display.
I would love kent to do that to Rucky Stuart for instance. He wouldn't dare be that bold.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8