Is Paul Kent the self appointed God and Judge of the NRL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It’s not merely about not liking him. When Brett Stewart’s situation was raised with him a couple of months back during his rant on standing down De Bellin, he just dismissed it with a shrug and stated that the sponsors who fund the game are more important than one player. If that isn’t towing the company line, then I don’t know what is.

Brad Fittler is a 300 plus game veteran who captained the Kangaroos and Nsw, and Kent claims his career was built upon luck. He stated that Fittler was a dud before SOO 2 because of the changes he made, was exposed as a dud himself, and rather than put his hand up and say “I got it wrong” instead he says Fittler has assed his way to the top. These are just two examples of his flip flop agenda...

If you think that equates to fairness, balance and equality, good luck to you.

All that you have just said is ... you disagree with his opinion ... I used to disagree with Frank Hyde, Mossop, Ron Casey and all of them ... so what ... that is what they get paid for .... and gee whiz ... sometimes I agree with them ... they were always right when I agreed with them ...

How you can call a bloke who has stated on many .. repeat many occasions that the NRl and GreenTurd are inept and incompentent is toeing the company line is bewildering ....

It’s most definitely scripted, you can tell.

And the more controversial it is the better for Fox.
Scripted? lol

None of the topics he's gone off about recently were controversial. Take a look at his Titans attack. It's basically a dig at Meninga for being head of ten different things and standing to the side and doing nothing as the ship goes down. His Cleary rip in was fine. I'm sure tonight he will tee off on the judiciary and that will be justified.

Scripted is where someone argues an angle to stir ****. The majority of Kent's rants are in line with the forums opinion and I'd say league fans.

All that you have just said is ... you disagree with his opinion ... I used to disagree with Frank Hyde, Mossop, Ron Casey and all of them ... so what ... that is what they get paid for .... and gee whiz ... sometimes I agree with them ... they were always right when I agreed with them ...

How you can call a bloke who has stated on many .. repeat many occasions that the NRl and GreenTurd are inept and incompentent is toeing the company line is bewildering ....
I’m truly shocked... All this time I had you pegged as the agreeable type.

Scripted? lol

None of the topics he's gone off about recently were controversial. Take a look at his Titans attack. It's basically a dig at Meninga for being head of ten different things and standing to the side and doing nothing as the ship goes down. His Cleary rip in was fine. I'm sure tonight he will tee off on the judiciary and that will be justified.

Scripted is where someone argues an angle to stir ****. The majority of Kent's rants are in line with the forums opinion and I'd say league fans.
When I say scripted I mean they’d sit down before hand and decide he was going to say those things NOT as in he’s reading off a script!!

How strange ... a journalist that when he agrees with someone says so ... and when he doesn't .. he says so and gives it to him .... some would call that balanced and having integrity and independence ... but you put your own spin on it .. not liking someone is the only important yardstick after all ...
Woodsie = disagreeing ..... because that's what Woodsie always does. Like a metronome.

Woodsie = disagreeing ..... because that's what Woodsie always does. Like a metronome.

And how many first grade games have you played .... fair dinkum you are a goose ...

and PSS ... I have agreed with quite a few of the people that have posted on this thread .... just not the numbnuts ...who haven't played more than one first grade game ....

And how many first grade games have you played .... fair dinkum you are a goose ...

and PSS ... I have agreed with quite a few of the people that have posted on this thread .... just not the numbnuts ...who haven't played more than one first grade game ....
Numbnuts.....in almost every post Woodsie......

Dont be fooled by Kent. Sure the thumbs his nose at the establishment with his little fluff pieces and outburts but as a journalist he never joins the dots. He has a dig then moves on.if he really cared for the game he would get a roll on and start a campaign to target the culprits

But alas tunbleweeds.

His playing one game is very relevant in the case of Brad Fittler. Kenty shouted from the rooftops that Freddy was clueless with his game two SOO selections, which in itself is fine. But when the Blues killed it, instead of just saying he got it wrong, harbour mouth decided to waffle on about Fittler making a career out of luck.

No long time player would make the same claim... Freddy won everything during his career after debuting while in high school. Premierships, World Cups, SOO, and this farkin muppet reckons its due to luck. Kenty the immortal who played one game of NRL for the Eels.

A bit like saying Hasler and Fulton ain’t Manly. Bloody ludicrous.

Last edited:
I didn't mind him before, but there is no doubt he has changed over the last month or two. It stemmed from his ridicule of Freddy's origin 2 selections which he bagged incessantly - then ended up looking like a massive goose and couldn't swallow his pride, instead he flat out refused to acknowledge his mistake. Ever since then he has been an angry, know-it-all - carrying on like a complete hypocritical goose.

You nailed it mate
You are spot on
Sook
Wimp who rates himself too highly

Still against AFL and NRL rules.:nod:

I've seen newsclips of US games where it's the norm but don't follow any myself :shake:

Some AFL commentator said that their Umpires actually have separate ground entrances to avoid the possibility of undue influence :nerd:

Cleary got away with it, we'll see if Sticky is afforded the same indulgence by the NRL :cool:

In base ball, as a coach you can call time and actually question the umpire call and ask him to check on one of his other umpires opinion

They don’t always but do admit at times that they may have got it wrong and check with another for a different view

If you don’t like their answer you just kick dirt at them and if they get pizzed they kick it back

Why isn’t Paul (I’m so controversial) Kent all up in arms about the Storm openly flaunting their two stripped premierships these past few seasons? Or Scam Smith being given an extra million for a testimonial three years out from retirement? How about Watmough being medically retired so the Eels could play for points or Greg Inglis for the Rabbits. Go back and watch him before last season’s GF saying over and again how Billy Slater should be allowed to play in his final match, and watch him smirk when he talks about the Roosters salary cap sombrero.

The one gamer talks it up big on all of the safe issues... on the circumstances that almost every fan and club official is already screaming blue bloody murder about. If he really wanted to take the NRL to task, then there are any number of issues he could report on, but he never does. He’s a flat track bully who tries to come across as being in the know. The self proclaimed king of controversy is as threatening as a chihuahua sh1tting in a thunderstorm.

Seriously ... a coach lies, changes his story, ... a commentator takes him to task for it ... and we complain .... FMD ...

Maybe you prefer the GreenTurd approved "Senior NRL Journalist" .. insider propagandist Hooper and his GreenTurd sanctioned nothing to see here approach ....

You may not always be right Kent ... but never stop calling them out if you think it stinks ....

I agree Kent is not always right . No one is (accept the Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton off course )

But every one should be made accountable and a good journalist represents the voice of the fans and asks questions that demand the answers the fans want to hear .

Keep up the great work Paul Kent and please dont ruin your reputation and write any crap stories like Rothfield did on what a great job Barrett did at Manly .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10