Is Paul Kent the self appointed God and Judge of the NRL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Is it a 2 billion dollar professional sport @:rolleyes:

Coaches can't mention Refs in post match pressers but now it's fine to do so in the tunnel at half time :fubar:
Mlb umpires get paid over $500,000 per year (and get four weeks off during the season) and all 30 teams are worth more than a billion USD each. TV rights deals for individual clubs can be a billion dollars EACH.
AND THE MANAGERS CAN TALK TO THE OFFICIALS DURING THE GAME.
does that make it less professional? I think not.

It’s about time the NRL were made accountable. None of the other gutless scribes will have a go!

I didn't mind him before, but there is no doubt he has changed over the last month or two. It stemmed from his ridicule of Freddy's origin 2 selections which he bagged incessantly - then ended up looking like a massive goose and couldn't swallow his pride, instead he flat out refused to acknowledge his mistake. Ever since then he has been an angry, know-it-all - carrying on like a complete hypocritical goose.

Mlb umpires get paid over $500,000 per year (and get four weeks off during the season) and all 30 teams are worth more than a billion USD each. TV rights deals for individual clubs can be a billion dollars EACH.
Still against AFL and NRL rules.:nod:

I've seen newsclips of US games where it's the norm but don't follow any myself :shake:

Some AFL commentator said that their Umpires actually have separate ground entrances to avoid the possibility of undue influence :nerd:

Cleary got away with it, we'll see if Sticky is afforded the same indulgence by the NRL :cool:

There is one way to put your point across and Kent has gone rouge on his opinions of late
I like the way he targets a lot of issues we talk about how the NRL is run
He would be better served taking a chill pill
and still get his point across

There is one way to put your point across and Kent has gone rouge on his opinions of late
Agree, but filling 3 hours each week is just too much TV :cool:

Seriously ... a coach lies, changes his story, ... a commentator takes him to task for it ... and we complain .... FMD ...

Maybe you prefer the GreenTurd approved "Senior NRL Journalist" .. insider propagandist Hooper and his GreenTurd sanctioned nothing to see here approach ....

You may not always be right Kent ... but never stop calling them out if you think it stinks ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like Kent.

You need the journos who are going to have a crack at people otherwise all you are left with are the former players falling over each other with compliments and excuses.

Also on Cleary, I believe he requested the interview because he had a tantrum over an article. If anyone is being a spoilt brat atm it is Cleary. From the way he disrespected the Tigers, to the awkward situation he put his son in, through to (what appears to me) to be blatent lying about approaching the ref.

He deserves to be grilled.

I will take great delight if the Tigers and Souths make the finals and Cleary and Siebold miss out

Watching NRL360 and his grilling of Ivan Cleary over tunnel-gate (!), am I watching a new ugly era in TV coverage? Where the media via bullies like Kent set themselves up as a full on judicial court where managers, players anyone can be taken apart and pulled to bits on TV? It smells bad, real bad. Kent has grown into an arrogant overblown self opinionated tool of the very highest order. And I believe he played one 1st grade game back in the day. Do we need this? Is this good for RL?
Wasn't the pre-text of last night that Cleary called him to come on and clear the air over the article Kent wrote? The fact Ivan was squirming was due to the web he'd spun himself in regards to the whole tunnel thing. He admitted a bit of what PK wrote about him was correct.

That aside, how many games he played in the NRL has nothing to do with anything. If that was a requirement for having an opinion on league this place would be very quiet.

And as far as whether this is good for rugby league, considering how many threads there are here on the same topics that he is willing to go on TV and rip in about show's it is. SOMEONE at some point needs to stop blowing smoke up the NRL's arse and I'm glad it's him. Yes he rants too much, looks like that's become a bit of joke among the 360 panel as well lately, but it is needed. You have so many people with either an pro-NRL agenda or who are like Ikin and frame every negative idea they have as question rather than a statement so they don't own it. I'll take PK's rip ins over that any day of the week even if I don't agree with them all...

Yes... he does sometimes raise a good point, and his outrage towards the NRL is always appreciated. But the way he huffs and puffs like an angry little ant comes across like self-aggrandisement to me.

He never admits he’s wrong either and makes some outlandish statements like Fittler has made a career out of being lucky. This from a guy who chalked up one game as a halfback for the Eels in the nineties. He’s entitled to an opinion as we all are, but a one gamer claiming that Fittler’s career was the end result of luck??? It has a similar ring to Barrett wanting credit for this year. Sour grapes from a person who didn’t have what it takes.

Last edited:
In any case, the show is a scripted pile of steaming turd, and the whole good cop/bad cop routine is designed to publicise a little controversy.

He ain’t taking it to the man... he’s just another cog in the wheel of the spin machine. Old Kenty boy showed his true colours with the whole Jack De Bellin case. He smothered Toddles in man love for weeks. Funny how people forget so easily in this day and age of instant gratification.

Kent has lost the plot the last few weeks.

He needs to remember this is only a game and not everything will be to his liking.

I was concerned last night we he said it was " between me and Frank Hyde' for the most influential Media Person in the leagues history. The problem is I am not sure if this was said "tongue in cheek" or he actually believes his status has reached those heights.

Seriously I think he needs help. He along with Barrett should be sent to the NRL's Delusions of Grandeur Department for assessment. Its the same people who run the HIA's only they do the opposite. They deliver a blow do the head if required.

NBA is great for it too, love watching the coaches in the refs ears during the game

Kent has lost the plot the last few weeks.

He needs to remember this is only a game and not everything will be to his liking.

I was concerned last night we he said it was " between me and Frank Hyde' for the most influential Media Person in the leagues history. The problem is I am not sure if this was said "tongue in cheek" or he actually believes his status has reached those heights.

Seriously I think he needs help. He along with Barrett should be sent to the NRL's Delusions of Grandeur Department for assessment. Its the same people who run the HIA's only they do the opposite. They deliver a blow do the head if required.
Wow, positioning himself alongside Frank Hyde. The one gamer has an extremely high opinion of himself, even if it was only said tongue in cheek.

Agree, but filling 3 hours each week is just too much TV :cool:
Nailed. That's the problem right there. So they're desperate to fill up 3 hours of TV a week and have begun to inflate stories, they're clearly on a planned agenda to build up Kent's aggro style. It's lame and destructive to the integrity of the game and left to grow it will cause untold damage to the credibility of key people in the game.

Nailed. That's the problem right there. So they're desperate to fill up 3 hours of TV a week and have begun to inflate stories, they're clearly on a planned agenda to build up Kent's aggro style. It's lame and destructive to the integrity of the game and left to grow it will cause untold damage to the credibility of key people in the game.
That's not true. He's not at the same level for the second half of the show when they usually have guests. When it's just him and Ikin that's where he goes off as they're usually discussing the hot topic of the day. But the full rage turn has been a slow build for him. He picked his spots more before but now it's the other way around.

Funnily enough it was really triggered by the Titans and the debacle that is the current iteration of their pathetic existence.

He ain’t taking it to the man... he’s just another cog in the wheel of the spin machine. Old Kenty boy showed his true colours with the whole Jack De Bellin case. He smothered Toddles in man love for weeks.

How strange ... a journalist that when he agrees with someone says so ... and when he doesn't .. he says so and gives it to him .... some would call that balanced and having integrity and independence ... but you put your own spin on it .. not liking someone is the only important yardstick after all ...

How strange ... a journalist that when he agrees with someone says so ... and when he doesn't .. he says so and gives it to him .... some would call that balanced and having integrity and independence ... but you put your own spin on it .. not liking someone is the only important yardstick after all ...

It’s not merely about not liking him. When Brett Stewart’s situation was raised with him a couple of months back during his rant on standing down De Bellin, he just dismissed it with a shrug and stated that the sponsors who fund the game are more important than one player. If that isn’t towing the company line, then I don’t know what is.

Brad Fittler is a 300 plus game veteran who captained the Kangaroos and Nsw, and Kent claims his career was built upon luck. He stated that Fittler was a dud before SOO 2 because of the changes he made, was exposed as a dud himself, and rather than put his hand up and say “I got it wrong” instead he says Fittler has assed his way to the top. These are just two examples of his flip flop agenda...

If you think that equates to fairness, balance and equality, good luck to you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10