Is Jaxson Paulo a starter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
IMO trials are pretty meaningless. Take this year, Johns was outstanding for Manly, but he in reality is schiit.
Seibold will already have his team selected by the trials.
Trials are for some of the 18-30 players to gain some game time.
Agree but I think you could include the 17th man in that. The first 16 pick themselves but the last bench spot is up for grabs and will say a lot about Seibs strategy.

I think the top 17 is far from picked already, especially positions on the bench.
I think if we all pick a top 17 will likely get 14 correct with a few still deciding themselves out and I know the players definitely feel the same way

Now you mention it the height might be a liability, To'o is 1.82m Edwards is 1.78m and Taruva is 1.81m. Maybe we need Ray ray to do some of the get down low and go go go work.

At the risk of offending Ray fans ... no. If heart and desire were all that was required he'd be the first picked test player every time. But talent wise, Ray is NSW Cup, not NRL.

Hey @maxta , I personally think he should be first choice winger, but much like Woods, I think Siebold likes his legacy players and will run with Koula / Parker in the centres (why else would he re-sign for two years). I think Siebold will go:

01. Time Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

But MY team would be:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Hey @maxta , I personally think he should be first choice winger, but much like Woods, I think Siebold likes his legacy players and will run with Koula / Parker in the centres (why else would he re-sign for two years). I think Siebold will go:

01. Time Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

But MY team would be:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
Hey Ryan - firstly hope ya good Champ !

I have to be 100% that I don't know much about him and the only reason I put up the thread was based on a conversation with a Manly club insider, who stated he is rated at the club going into the new season.

Won 't be a walk up start for Paulo but must have a bit going for him just from the limited references that i have noticed .
Tippytoes was showing some improved form for a good part of last season so no doubt will be providing some genuine competition .
Ray Ray always has a decent go and maybe not the most polished of wingers but not really out of place when he has been given an opportunity in the top grade .
Saab should be an automatic start as i st choice winger and assuming that Garrick will be in centre contention early on at least .
Most sides have good quality wingers so of course fairly essential for Manly to have some serious ability there as well .

Hey Ryan - firstly hope ya good Champ !

I have to be 100% that I don't know much about him and the only reason I put up the thread was based on a conversation with a Manly club insider, who stated he is rated at the club going into the new season.

Thanks mate - same with you.

I think this kid could be anything. Okay, he's young and raw, but I see a bit of Latrell Mitchell in him. Get some Ennis, Snake, Dymock, Siebold into him, he'll come REAL good I reckon. We'd be beast on both wings

I have always believed that trial games are important and should be utilised properly. Naturally the nucleus of the top side is settled but outside of that there needs to be healthy competition for positions. In the backs Turbo, Saab, Koula Garrick, Brooks and DCE are the nucleus of our back line. Plenty of completion for the other wing spot and back up centres/wingers. In the forwards most intrigue is one backrower and lock. Alaoio and Jake are not the answer and IMO they both need to be in the front row rotation. Big O is the nucleus of our backrow and the contenders for the other backrow spot and lock are Schuster, Brown, Burbo, Bullemor, Lawton and Wardell. Our front rowers are good with Paseka, Lodge, Jake, Alaoio, Sipley and Bullemore. Let the competition for positions begin!

This team could win the comp

1 KOULA
2 SAAB
3 GARRICK
4 BEN TURBO
5 VAEGA
6 BROOKS
7 DCE
13 TOMMY TURBO
12 OLAKALATU
11. SCHUSTER
10. JAKE TURBO
9 CROKER
8. PASEKA

14. GKCM
15. BULLEMOR
16 LODGE
17 SIPLEY

RESERVES
PARKER
BROWN
ALOLI
WADDELL
Ben at centre, Vaega first choice wing, the Schu as our rock solid forward on an edge no questions asked, no idea who 14 is?, and my favourite, Tom getting bashed at lock... ?? And this is the team that will win the comp? Surely @Sidestep is a bot / troll account? Lol

1 KOULA
2 SAAB
3 GARRICK
4 BEN TURBO
5 VAEGA
6 BROOKS
7 DCE
13 TOMMY TURBO
12 OLAKALATU
11. SCHUSTER
10. JAKE TURBO
9 CROKER
8. PASEKA

14. GKCM
15. BULLEMOR
16 LODGE
17 SIPLEY

RESERVES
PARKER
BROWN
ALOLI
WADDELL
Not the NRL comp, I'd say.......

1 KOULA
2 SAAB
3 GARRICK
4 BEN TURBO
5 VAEGA
6 BROOKS
7 DCE
13 TOMMY TURBO
12 OLAKALATU
11. SCHUSTER
10. JAKE TURBO
9 CROKER
8. PASEKA

14. GKCM
15. BULLEMOR
16 LODGE
17 SIPLEY

RESERVES
PARKER
BROWN
ALOLI
WADDELL
Maaaaaate, that was awesome. I've had a rough day at work, and I almost spat tea laughing when I read that. I mean, good effort and all, though !

with talau, paulo, ray ray, tippytoes, garrick, koula, parker, and saab after 4 spots id suspect that any player looking to play wing better have or get safe hands, especially under the high ball. a few have had shaky moments but maybe real competition for spots may drive a better outcome

these are some of those basics that we have struggled with and something i hope we spend plenty of time on in the off season getting better at

It can be a costly error and manlys recent history has been patchy at best.

these are the types of errors, especially for repeat offenders that can deliver a team an epic face slap, heads drop, points conceded.

Opposition get to yahoo when a winger drops a bomb within range, playmakers get chripy, the backslappers are out in force, As teams play for this and target players they get especially excited when trainings hard work pays off on game day .its a massive momentum swing under the drop ball stat

Faulalo signed for top 30 next season so there is no way all 8 are retained after 24.
so i would assume tippy and the red menace are playing for contracts minimum. depending on how the new guys perform either may be in contention to be moved on mid season , especially tippy

01. Time Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

But MY team would be:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
Your option is superior, hope the coach sees the team your way!

Time will tell. There is plenty of competition for spots. I hope Seibold doesn't take the safe options and rolls the dice. Sure not everyone will thrive but we will benefit from those that do.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8