Is it time to face the facts ?…..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ll just say… Objectively and dispassionately, I’d rather a lesser player who can be relied on to turn up week in week out in terms of winning a premiership. And I love Tom and love watching him play. Unfortunately, with his ongoing injury liabilities his loss hurts us as badly as him being in helps us. The lump sum does not add up to a premiership.
That player was Gutherson.

Bozo, Trent, any comment? That’s right, they’re no longer here. One of them is really not ‘here’. Too soon?

Turbo to centres … we cant keep doing this its insanity for his sake and ours as a club

Hes destined to be a one club player ,but we cant keep paying him top dollar to be out all the time .

He goes off a “BIG 4 “ wage next contract and moves to centres and helps our cap instead of eating it up …

Garrick has improved alot move him there and we look at koula or “find” someone else for the future
Tom has 4 more years on his current deal. With his injury record who knows what he’ll decide to do by the end of 2026 when he be in his early 30s. Assuming we could even alter his current contract (the NRL stopped players taking pay cuts mid deal after the Dogs did it after being caught cheating the cap in 2002) why would Tom willingly agree to a big pay reduction and a shift to the centres?!?!

I'm trying to get at that perhaps the concept of luck, or lack thereof, is a $hitty concept. Luck is a poor excuse when we are unable to understand something or we simply wanna play victim. Choose a better narrative and we may get "lucky" and find a key to turn it all around. I share that from my personal world and have no idea how Tom views all of this. I have no doubt it upsets him and he would rather be playing than sitting on the bench. And none of it was a dig at you personally... I was trying to play the ball.

Remember a fella named Marshall ? 7 shoulder injuries including 5 recons, managed to get through 346 NRL games in his career

Tedesco, ACL on debut, next 2 years shattered kneecap, broken jaw, Ankle surgery, another knee surgery and shoulder surgery

Thankfully they weren’t getting advice to give it away

Turbo to centres … we cant keep doing this its insanity for his sake and ours as a club

Hes destined to be a one club player ,but we cant keep paying him top dollar to be out all the time .

He goes off a “BIG 4 “ wage next contract and moves to centres and helps our cap instead of eating it up …

Garrick has improved alot move him there and we look at koula or “find” someone else for the future
Question: Do we want to keep Tom? If yes he gets paid FB $$$ and s lot of it. As if we don’t he’d be paid that money and more by another club. And that’s not just the cellar dwellers. Top teams would pay too dollar for him.

That’s funny… almost like his injury tonight was something new and unexpected. He may come back and play another brilliant half season or handful of games or whatever… but he ain’t taking us to a premiership. He’s just a pleasant distraction when he’s actually playing
One player can’t deliver a premiership. I think you’ll find snake had a reasonable team around him. Tommy is One of the best if not the best player in the world when fit. The literally throws himself into everything he does and hence gets injured - as in last night. It’s **** luck and ****en annoying but I wouldn’t replace or move him for anything. And anyway, in the centres he’d be doing way more defence tackling big edge backrowers. Hardly an easy, risk free environment.

So were happy for our cap to continually get eaten up by 4-500k extra per year for a player whos lucky to play 10-15 games?

Yes hes a gun fullback we know this but hes never on the park consistently enough to fulfill what we need we are already 10 games in and hes been broken 90% of them

Hes becoming more injury prone then snake but atleast he won us two comps …

He can play anywhere and still be devastating atleast in the centres it might prolong his career
I think the tiger's said that about Tedesco

Tommy was the best player in the Comp last season, injuries have busted him in 2022.

He will come back from this, for this season Koula should be given the chance to prove himself at the back, Garrick was ok at the back but he doesn’t have that X-factor in him.
Injuries have busted his whole career. A waste of money. He’s won 1 finals match. Plays his best in origin and goes missing against decent teams. Sick of the team being held back waiting for him to come back only to lose him weeks later after lacklustre performances. Durability is important. Would like to win a comp. I don’t see us winning with this debacle going on every year. Last year was an anomaly.

Even Snake had his share of long term injuries, wouldn’t have swapped him so i think We still persist with Tom at FB.
Snake injury record
2004: injury free
2005: injured mid season
2006: injury free
2007: knocked out in gf, other than that IF
2008: IF
2009: Out most of season, suspended
2010: Out for season
2011: played every game from rd 3 last onwards.
2012: IF
2013: IF
2014: IF
2015:IF
2016: Last season missed a few here and there.
Tom trbojevic injury record
2015: made debut
2016: missed 6 games due to injury
2017: missed 9 games
2018: missed 8 games
2019: missed 12 games
2020: missed 13 games
2021: missed 6 games
2022: missed 5 games.
In short it is not a fair comparison. Brett Stewart was a better player who won 2 comps. Tom trbojevic has flashes of brilliance but is not durable and has shocking games like magic rd. Time to move on.

T
Remember a fella named Marshall ? 7 shoulder injuries including 5 recons, managed to get through 346 NRL games in his career

Tedesco, ACL on debut, next 2 years shattered kneecap, broken jaw, Ankle surgery, another knee surgery and shoulder surgery

Thankfully they weren’t getting advice to give it away
None of them are as injury prone as Tom. Stop using false equivalencies and mental gymnastics to avoid the truth.

Tom has 4 more years on his current deal. With his injury record who knows what he’ll decide to do by the end of 2026 when he be in his early 30s. Assuming we could even alter his current contract (the NRL stopped players taking pay cuts mid deal after the Dogs did it after being caught cheating the cap in 2002) why would Tom willingly agree to a big pay reduction and a shift to the centres?!?!
Cos if he didn’t it would be further proof he’s not serious about winning the comp.

Some harsh calls in here.

In answer to the thread, I think some of Turbo's injuries are because he puts everything into everything he does & therefore statistically increases his chances of injury.

I think he was rushed back from his knee injury - too many of the tries scored against us these past few games in our corners saw Tom way off the mark in cover defence & his usual constant roaming from side to side has been missing too.

If we did downgrade his contract you can guarantee plenty of other teams would be willing to offer him overs & would the NRL even let us sign him at a reduced contract given their past (yet inconsistent) application of "market value"?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4