Is it time to face the facts ?…..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So he started at fullback in 2017.

He's played 121 games out of a possible 170 odd in that time including the rest of this year. Which means he's missed 50 odd games in 6 years. Which means he's injured every 0.71 games or is injured 3 out of every 10 games. Which means really he's only played 4 seasons for us out of a possible 6.

Should we keep him on $1m a year. **** yeah we should. But we need someone in the team that is a more than capable fullback to cover him.

After all, would we want another team to have him?

I understand, Turbo's strength and physical conditioning have failed him multiple times and have most likely been a massive factor in injuries such as his hamstrings, knees, and ankles. He obviously has some deficiencies in that area of his body which is letting him down. His body is not strong enough in those parts.

But injuries such as the shoulder one and the pec one he had a few years ago were when he's making a last ditch attempt at saving a try, it could've happened to any player and it was pure accident. Sport injuries aren't all just unluckiness and accidents but also aren't all just weaknesses in physical ability. Unfortunately, Turbo has suffered from both those factors with his injuries.
On the surface, it can seem like a case of bad luck but he obviously doesn’t have the best joints and ligaments...another player might have dived but the pressure of the force coming down, wouldn’t put the joint out. I’ve seen heaps of players sandwiched like that over the years and get straight up.

Hope lies in the fact that both Tedesco and Gutherson suffered many injuries in their younger years but both have been very strong physically and virtually injury free over the past two seasons.

To think it only took one game for the perfect **** storm to hit us. Tommy's season is over, the big O and Keepie both facing suspensions. Still got Pesaka Parker and Karl out, and to a lesser degree Saab. Schuster is still finding his feet, and is being nursed along by Des fearing another calf or leg injury. Anyway we'll give it our best shot next week against the Storm, who knows they have troubles as well..lol.

To think it only took one game for the perfect **** storm to hit us. Tommy's season is over, the big O and Keepie both facing suspensions. Still got Pesaka Parker and Karl out, and to a lesser degree Saab. Schuster is still finding his feet, and is being nursed along by Des fearing another calf or leg injury. Anyway we'll give it our best shot next week against the Storm, who knows they have troubles as well..lol.
Someone put up Keppie and Oka get fines and available to play

If Tom played centre, he’d still be our best player, so yes it’s an option. However as others have said, if we didn’t play him at fullback, there’s at least a dozen teams that would happily pay him $1M+ to be their #1.
He’s the best fullback in the world (when fully fit) and we’re incredibly fortunate to have him in our team.

I think it’s time to blood/find a new fullback. Tom is a liability, polarising opinion around here, it’s like treading on eggshells but it’s cold hard facts, don’t cry.

You simply cannot have such a high risk player in a spine position. I think it’s time to move him to centre, now hear me out. If he is at centre he is just as destructive and can be one of the best players in the game still. However if he goes down it is a much easier position to fill the void in.

We need consistency at fullback. Garrick or Koula as our full time no.1 would provide this.

Also if anyone thinks we are getting value for money from the Trbojecivc’s is simply living in fantasy land. If they took a pay cut we’d be able to sign someone like Munster to play 6.

I would rather pay him what he's worth, $mil, and risk him sitting on the sidelines hoping he overcomes his injury woes sooner rather than later, than him play fb injury free for another team.
This season is frustrating with his injuries but at least the shoulder enforced lay off will see his legs 100% for next season.
In the meantime bring on the youngsters. Win win if we can blood weekes, koula a shot at FB and Turbo comes back firing

This year may not be finished yet but I just can't see us winning against the top sides so why not blood some youngsters like Weekes, Tuitavake and Fifita plus one give James Segeyaro as shot at first grade. I think Des needs to pick players on performance and put the likes of Harper, Keppie and maybe even Taupau on notice. Lets build towards next year and we need to look at our forwards and think about who we should keep and which players to sign from other clubs.

I like what Todd Payten has done with NQ, train them hard, get them out of their comfort zone in the pre-season and they play a simple yet entertaining and effective brand of footy ... run hard, tackle hard and hopefully the rest may fall into place. I know injuries have not helped us but we are also not getting enough from our squad especially from our forwards.

This year may not be finished yet but I just can't see us winning against the top sides so why not blood some youngsters like Weekes, Tuitavake and Fifita plus one give James Segeyaro as shot at first grade. I think Des needs to pick players on performance and put the likes of Harper, Keppie and maybe even Taupau on notice. Lets build towards next year and we need to look at our forwards and think about who we should keep and which players to sign from other clubs.
Agree re the young fellas but then you mention Segeyaro! Croker was our best or close to it on Friday. He gets a hard time on here and he’s not the future but he’s better than Segeyaro. Agree re those players on notice too. Another angle in coming weeks to put Walker to Centre and try Segyaro off the bench for short bursts of impact. I don’t see it tho with Lawman back after this week or did he get 6? Can’t remember.

I like what Todd Payten has done with NQ, train them hard, get them out of their comfort zone in the pre-season and they play a simple yet entertaining and effective brand of footy ... run hard, tackle hard and hopefully the rest may fall into place. I know injuries have not helped us but we are also not getting enough from our squad especially from our forwards.
To be fair that cows team near on got the spoon and we played a prelim last year. Something extreme needed to occur up there. In saying that we ain’t half way through the season. It will be interesting to see where they are in 8 weeks after origin and they lose a few to injuries. They’ve largely been full strength all year the cows. They have been impressive tho.

Heard the news he is out for season, my reaction was pretty blase. In the past, I would get pretty depressed, but use to it now. The way I see it now, a chance for someone else in the team to shine in the fullback position.
I must admit I didn't react, I was waiting for a hamstring. Now we can build a team around a team instead of an individual. The Trbojevic saga's are wearing thin and bloody expensive.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6