Is it time just to move on ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Been a lot said over the last week , luckily I was in internet wilderness for some of it and missed much of the anguish but I now pose this question.

Is it time to move on ??

In my opinion the answer is yes.

A massive **** up by the club , can we change it ? , nope !!

A giant “ never been done before “ reaction by the 7 ( or is it 10) , can we change that ? , nope!!

A media frenzy , in fact worldwide ( those bastards love a story like this ), can we change what’s been said ?, nope!!

There’s been errors on both sides and we can’t change that either BUT what we can change is moving on , perhaps never forgiving or forgetting ( depends on which side you are on ) much like I’ve done with our coach & 5/8.

Life goes on , the sun will come up tomorrow, there’s another game v the Eels next week and the coach will pick the best side.

Accept that you ( we) can’t change anything , move on and enjoy the last 5 games.

Yes we probably won’t make the finals , but it wasn’t this one game that has caused that to happen.

Last edited:
Time to move on? Yes.
But the media won’t, so neither will everyone else.
Here’s hoping Cleary gets a light penalty or another scandal that dominates the NRL headlines and pushes the jersey out of everyone’s minds. Same thing happens with the Tigers / Cowboys fiasco. Barely got the media coverage it deserved.

Time to move on? Yes.
But the media won’t, so neither will everyone else.
Here’s hoping Cleary gets a light penalty or another scandal that dominates the NRL headlines and pushes the jersey out of everyone’s minds. Same thing happens with the Tigers / Cowboys fiasco. Barely got the media coverage it deserved.
The media move very quickly once the click bait slows , to be honest how much more can be said to keep it going !!

PS: if any of the 7(10) refuse to play next week and want out I agree it will continue.

Yes and no, Mark.

There is a rather large elephant in the room. How does the NRL resolve the incongruency between its stated support of inclusivity and the diametrically opposed religious beliefs of a large section of the league community? The debate and exposure has been a healthy step but it certainly hasn’t been resolved. Yes, we all want to get back to some footy, but I hope the power brokers in the background are proactively moving on this.

Depends on where you look at it from

For marginalised gay people they do not have the choice to move on from who they are and how their lives are impacted by it

For those who have had to review their belief systems this week which may have made them feel uncomfortable I am sure they would want to move on

For the club I would like to see them lean into this and it be the start of a large scale inclusive program lead by Ian Roberts which is both internal and external

For marginalised gay people they do not have the choice to move on from who they are and how their lives are impacted by it

For those who have had to review their belief systems this week which may have made them feel uncomfortable I am sure they would want to move on

For the club I would like to see them lean into this and it be the start of a large scale inclusive program lead by Ian Roberts which is both internal and external

Mate ... It's a footy club ... just let them play footy and leave social engineering to people that completed high school ...

My comments were in no way “ anti gay “ or “ pro religious “.

As most will know I’m not a lover of the sky fairy beliefs BUT I certainly am a lover of letting people be and do what they want to do.

If you’re gay , no issues from me , not my deal but I’m just as happy chatting to a gay person as a heterosexual person.

If you’re religious , no issues from me , I’m married to a Catholic ( not devout but still a Catholic) and have two Catholic daughters and 5 Catholic grandchildren.

My comments are about , we can’t change what’s happened so let’s just move on!!

In my opinion , I expect the NRL will probably have an “ inclusive round “ and it won’t just be the magnificent 7 ( or 10 ) sitting out but probably half the players in the league. Wether that’s 2023 or further down the track who knows.

In the interim , let’s just get back to footy!

Although I acknowledge that to my knowledge only Mr Penn has said this so far, the position of the boycotting players seems to have shifted to "we object to not being consulted rather than necessarily to the inclusivity jersey itself." This seems to me a weak position to have ended up in and to have caused so much angst over but does remove the problem of "religious or cultural beliefs" that are apparently directly opposed.

So, I think we all will get to move forwards and indeed I am anticipating a Very Strong showing against the sqEels (just can't help myself when it comes to them, sorry).

On Ian Roberts: for some time I have thought that the League (ideally Manly: he's ours) should employ him as a kind of support officer for (male as women seem to have more freedom of expression on this) all players who could be struggling with their sexual ity (sorry can't make auto-correct STFU). Logically there must be some. That might be a real service, and at the moment he is the only man who could really do it.

My comments were in no way “ anti gay “ or “ pro religious “.

As most will know I’m not a lover of the sky fairy beliefs BUT I certainly am a lover of letting people be and do what they want to do.

If you’re gay , no issues from me , not my deal but I’m just as happy chatting to a gay person as a heterosexual person.

If you’re religious , no issues from me , I’m married to a Catholic ( not devout but still a Catholic) and have two Catholic daughters and 5 Catholic grandchildren.

My comments are about , we can’t change what’s happened so let’s just move on!!

In my opinion , I expect the NRL will probably have an “ inclusive round “ and it won’t just be the magnificent 7 ( or 10 ) sitting out but probably half the players in the league. Wether that’s 2023 or further down the track who knows.

In the interim , let’s just get back to footy!
After the apparent change of heart by the seven with regard to future rainbow matches I think there's been a precedent set that the rest of the Pacifica community will find difficult to ignore, as long as there is sufficient notice given I reckon there'll be few players threatening to sit out the match if any, to ensure no future issues of this kind the league needs to engage with community leaders so an understanding is reached and the sons and daughters won't feel they're going against cultural and religious customs. Just my opinion 🙂

It's time refect on the reaction players who are claiming they'll play next year and the stood down because of a lack of communication and consultation in regards to the jersey. Pretty sure any other time we've changed a jersey for say superhero round, retro round or even anzac round they're not consulted with, so let's call it for what it is and recognize just like when they overlooked gambling and alcohol sponsors or played on the sabbath that there morals are conveniently flexible when it looks to effect their paychecks or appeal to third party sponsors... Bunch of clowns the ringleader in that mess should be shown the door.

It's time refect on the reaction players who are claiming they'll play next year and the stood down because of a lack of communication and consultation in regards to the jersey. Pretty sure any other time we've changed a jersey for say superhero round, retro round or even anzac round they're not consulted with, so let's call it for what it is and recognize just like when they overlooked gambling and alcohol sponsors or played on the sabbath that there morals are conveniently flexible when it looks to effect their paychecks or appeal to third party sponsors... Bunch of clowns the ringleader in that mess should be shown the door.
I believe the 7 have said they have NOT changed their stance, it was Penn making statement. Penn is the ringleader. As for all the other jersey rounds, they are NRL organised so all clubs participate. This was done out of order and took the shine off what the NRL were doing with Women in League round and our own Gotch 4 Life promo.
Move on Yes, forgive the clubs stupidity, No.

Who is the ringleader, Mr All Knowing?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4