Is it time just to move on ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
10 clubs are fighting it out make that 8 and win the premiership, other 5 are trying to finish the season on a strong note... While we're fighting among ourselves and the media. Last year was as close as we've been to a premiership in 10 years. I don't wanna wait another 10. We've been building this team for too long. Move on

I think so too.
I very VERY much doubt this all started with one player.

It’s come from their religion, Mormon I believe , and they are well known for their very strict outlook on certain things.

So you can bet the church is behind this decision of theirs and they all felt obliged to agree.

As I say , the eldest is normally the spokesperson in any of these such situations but that certainly doesn’t mean they are the instigator.

I believe the 7 have said they have NOT changed their stance, it was Penn making statement. Penn is the ringleader. As for all the other jersey rounds, they are NRL organised so all clubs participate. This was done out of order and took the shine off what the NRL were doing with Women in League round and our own Gotch 4 Life promo.
Move on Yes, forgive the clubs stupidity, No.
I am afraid you appear to be quite right Frogz. That makes the moving on a bit more difficult. Important now imo that all the parties shut up and work it out in private. Otherwise if we end up with unofficial player delegations arguing in public with the owners....... that only ends with people being shown the door.

Tbh part of me moved on from this season after the Parra loss. I just struggle to invest in this game when each week there is adhorrent officiating where I’m left thinking “why bother”. Sadly that has impacted me more than anything else this season. In relation to this week reflect, learn from it, grow and let’s move on. I think it’s been good that this has gained lots of attention and if nothing else perhaps somewhere it’s created a dinner time conversation where individuals have felt uncomfortable but through discussion perhaps maybe more accepting and open. Perhaps that’s even happened here on our forum. Conversations around this topic can only be a good thing and I commend Ian Roberts and other leaders in the community for further educating others. As for moving on with the season we are still a chance for finals but now we need help. Unfortunately over the past couple of weeks we are not getting much. We win 4 I think we play finals (with help). Win 5 we certainly play finals. It’s up to us now to determine what we want out of this season. If only I could trust that we will get a fair shot from the refs. Just feel they ain’t done with crueling us just yet…..

Tbh part of me moved on from this season after the Parra loss. I just struggle to invest in this game when each week there is adhorrent officiating where I’m left thinking “why bother”. Sadly that has impacted me more than anything else this season. In relation to this week reflect, learn from it, grow and let’s move on. I think it’s been good that this has gained lots of attention and if nothing else perhaps somewhere it’s created a dinner time conversation where individuals have felt uncomfortable but through discussion perhaps maybe more accepting and open. Perhaps that’s even happened here on our forum. Conversations around this topic can only be a good thing and I commend Ian Roberts and other leaders in the community for further educating others. As for moving on with the season we are still a chance for finals but now we need help. Unfortunately over the past couple of weeks we are not getting much. We win 4 I think we play finals (with help). Win 5 we certainly play finals. It’s up to us now to determine what we want out of this season. If only I could trust that we will get a fair shot from the refs. Just feel they ain’t done with crueling us just yet…..
It was even evident last Thursday , at a time that I thought “ we’ll maybe they’ll cut us some slack “ , sadly not to be.

The competition is now geared to the teams that are most popular in a broadcasting or gambling sense , the others just cannon fodder.

Yes - those still yapping are the judgement ones
I’m one of the least judgemental people on this forum.

I get that everyone has an opinion, often different to mine.

Does it make me right and them wrong , no!

I find it amusing at times when I see members on here going toe to toe.

There seems to be almost no understanding that someone with a different opinion isn’t necessarily wrong , they just have a different opinion.

This argument to me has divided members on here and in fact everywhere in internet land.

You either

1) hate the players and want them expelled from the club immediately.

or

2) you are fully behind their stance.

Me , I get both sides , neither is wrong just different.

Honestly @Mark from Brisbane, the interest levels both on and off the park are at an all time low for me. I didn't watch the Dragons and watched small bits of the Chooks game (and it's never been like that for me). The community isn't what it used to be either (I'm one of the last remnants from days past to have been driven away I guess).

I'll probably watch 1 or 2 more games this year. There's no point sticking with something that doesn't give you enjoyment, hey? Even those teams that struggled in the early 2000's, the boys had character and heart (different generation I guess). Watching them bond, and do whatever it takes to make the team / field & stay on it was just enjoyable to watch.

Like @Waz13 said above, the officiating and direction of the game is deplorable, and that on top of the form of the team, attitude of the team, the exodus of players (and inability to acquire players) and this community here kinda kills any and all enjoyment. So I guess we'll see what the future holds, but if the trend continues - who know's where we'll be in a few years.

Honestly @Mark from Brisbane, the interest levels both on and off the park are at an all time low for me. I didn't watch the Dragons and watched small bits of the Chooks game (and it's never been like that for me). The community isn't what it used to be either (I'm one of the last remnants from days past to have been driven away I guess).

I'll probably watch 1 or 2 more games this year. There's no point sticking with something that doesn't give you enjoyment, hey? Even those teams that struggled in the early 2000's, the boys had character and heart (different generation I guess). Watching them bond, and do whatever it takes to make the team / field & stay on it was just enjoyable to watch.

Like @Waz13 said above, the officiating and direction of the game is deplorable, and that on top of the form of the team, attitude of the team, the exodus of players (and inability to acquire players) and this community here kinda kills any and all enjoyment. So I guess we'll see what the future holds, but if the trend continues - who know's where we'll be in a few years.
Sadly mate that’s NRL circa 2020’s

I lament those days you mention but don’t think we will ever see them again.

Doesn’t mean we will never win a premiership again but loyalty means three fifths of **** all these days ( the Turbo’s aside ).

I’m not as invested as I used to be either , for example it’s been years since I’ve been down to Brookie and I used to go twice a year at least.

But that also means I don’t get as tied up in it all as some do , sort of like ( if you take this weeks debacle ) “ well that was a ****up , oh well , move on to next week “.

I used to watch probably half of the games live , now I just watch Manly but if something else is on I’ll just record it and watch if we win.

The game isn’t aimed at me any longer ,my old fashioned views don’t equate with the modern game.

But I’ll continue to be a member and support the club , until I can no longer do so.

Sad but true @Mark from Brisbane and @Ryan. Seems these days that our club has become a rolling circus of fu*kups. Now we've got the 7 denying what's been said by Penn. It's not going away any time soon because now the infighting and finger pointing will continue to tear the place apart. Seems like the spirit of what this club was all about died with Bozo and the 2006-2015 generation. Once Des leaves then the last remnants of a golden era from the 1970s to 2015 will have past into a new generation of what's in it for me.

I’m one of the least judgemental people on this forum.

I get that everyone has an opinion, often different to mine.

Does it make me right and them wrong , no!

I find it amusing at times when I see members on here going toe to toe.

There seems to be almost no understanding that someone with a different opinion isn’t necessarily wrong , they just have a different opinion.

This argument to me has divided members on here and in fact everywhere in internet land.

You either

1) hate the players and want them expelled from the club immediately.

or

2) you are fully behind their stance.

Me , I get both sides , neither is wrong just different.
Mark I do not hate the players nor do I want them expelled immediately but I am reserving judgement till I know more / hear from them before calling for action

There is no light without dark, no joy without sorrow. The '07 - '14 period was made all the sweeter by the dark days that preceded it. Hope u stick solid mate, one day it'll be well worth it.

Sadly mate that’s NRL circa 2020’s

I lament those days you mention but don’t think we will ever see them again.

Doesn’t mean we will never win a premiership again but loyalty means three fifths of **** all these days ( the Turbo’s aside ).

I’m not as invested as I used to be either , for example it’s been years since I’ve been down to Brookie and I used to go twice a year at least.

But that also means I don’t get as tied up in it all as some do , sort of like ( if you take this weeks debacle ) “ well that was a ****up , oh well , move on to next week “.

I used to watch probably half of the games live , now I just watch Manly but if something else is on I’ll just record it and watch if we win.

The game isn’t aimed at me any longer ,my old fashioned views don’t equate with the modern game.

But I’ll continue to be a member and support the club , until I can no longer do so.

And let's hope, and we all know that's going to be a very, very long time to come mate. You're a bloody bull , and I'm a good pick of character and heart.

Agree with every single point there, and absolutely in the same boat mate.

I know it sounds weird, but I WOULD recommend and suggest you give the NHL a go, legend. Smaller of the Canadian / American sports, much bigger than anything Australian, and you'd be surprised the community is so so much more accepting , welcoming and non toxic than here.

League / NHL used to go hand in hand with me, but I couldn't tell you how much that's changed. My team won the Stanley Cup last season. I could tell you about all the juniors playing for the Colorado Eagles (yep, that's their rookies team name hahaha).

I don't know what to say or think about league. It's become predictable, boring, soft and filled with mercenaries (including management and staff). There's no characters anymore.

Then if you come here to share that, you get abused and lambasted (and I've seen you in their sights too), so the outlet to complain is arse too.

But I'm the same. I'll always support The Eagles, till the day I die. It's in my will to wrap me in a flag I have here in a drawer. But that's a testament to guys like Snake, Gift and Ashley Albert who took time out of their weekends to spend time with us and have a BBQ. Guys like Kingy who spent hours talking to me about the team. Guys like Choc (who people abuse here) who took a HUGE haircut to accommodate other players so they could stay. Guys like Grant Mayer who used to let me know about the secrets. And obviously the Arthurson family who I know and who have the most passion I've ever seen for any club.

Today, there's just no connection with either the team, the club, or the community here. The old days, you'd organise a get together, and blokes would pull out a thousand dollar bottle of red (thank you ManlyBacker). The characters here today, you'd be worried they'd pull out a Stanley Knife.

I very VERY much doubt this all started with one player.

It’s come from their religion, Mormon I believe , and they are well known for their very strict outlook on certain things.

So you can bet the church is behind this decision of theirs and they all felt obliged to agree.

As I say , the eldest is normally the spokesperson in any of these such situations but that certainly doesn’t mean they are the instigator.
I would surprised if they’re all Mormons.

@Ryan, @Mark from Brisbane @mickqld

I appreciate what you have all just said and I want to add my thoughts.

I feel the same as all of you. Even up until late last year I was someone who would be so invested in the club and the game. I personally would go for the past 5 years to our trial games up at Gosford it always signalled the start of footy season for me.

I would make sure never to miss a home game , I live 10 minutes from brookvale oval and would attend our away trips to ACT and stuck solid in going to matches in the Tbaz era knowing we would get flogged.

This year like a few of you have said I have lost complete interest in the game , NRL is not once what is was and will now only watch our games and have not attended any games live.

The 2006-2014 years I am so f$$king privileged to be able to be alive and at an age where I appreciated what a team we had and be able to witness such success.

If we are not careful I can see us not being in contention to win a title for many years to come 10 years + , we are just not favoured by the NRL.

I will always support this team and will probably keep my membership but we need to very careful because if we are not careful I see us becoming the dogs or tigers not being in finals for many years to come.

Last edited:
Seems like the spirit of what this club was all about died with Bozo and the 2006-2015 generation. Once Des leaves then the last remnants of a golden era from the 1970s to 2015 will have past into a new generation of what's in it for me.
Agree there Mick but feel pretty sorry for the Turbos because they're brimming with the Manly spirit. If only they could bring the others along with them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10