Is Choc burnt out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
lot of people including myself have been critical of choc of late but you sit down and do the sums and his poor body must be exhausted

hey played a full 2008 then the world cup
wcc in 2009 and a massive 09 including 2 origins and four nations tests
and has backed up again this year with NRL allstars all bar 2 manly games and 2 origins and a test.

I'm tipping only lockyear, slater and thurston would have played more minutes.

Perfect world would be to give him a few games off sadly we are in no position to do that maybe its time for him to give us a good 50 - 60 minutes a game instead of playing 80

He may be trying to hard

Has disappointed me to read some people say that Watmough isn't trying or putting in, nothing could be further from the truth, he gives it everything every week. That is not saying his form isn't down or disappointing, but I just don't think his effort can ever be questioned.
Tbh, I feel a bit sorry for the bloke at the moment, he has the reverse midas touch. He makes an error, tries to get in and make up for it, then makes another one. He finally makes a break and gets in clear space again, yet once again it turns to **** and it turns into a try at the other end of the park

I still live in a bit of hope with him, it wasn't until just after Origin 3 last season that he started to light it up for Manly, hopefully that may happen again

Fark, I'm sick of that defence for players, burnt out my arse. They are professional footballers who don't have to work and are paid squillions.

It might be a case of an over inflated ego knowning that no matter how bad he plays he won't get benched or lose his spot.

BTW not having a go at you cambo.

Cam, are you sitting at home bored today ?

Filling in time before you move back north, you've been posting madly today.

He is probably carrying an injury. Didn't he miss the second SOO because of injury. Having said that though he played OK in the 3rd SOO.

Maybe a few less Friday nights getting smashed on the drink and trying to take on the bouncers at the wharf bar might help him.

Do you ever notice that thart Donny Singe sprays a can of super glue on his hands and arms just before kick off each game.  It is well know that he has terrible handling skills.  From all reports his ego is out of control as well.

Cambo link said:

I guess that explains why those three are going so ordinary then!

I have no answers as to why Choc's form is down, but I do know we need him to be our best forward (and realistically without Snake, we need him to be our best player full stop) if we're going to make an impact late in the season.

he pretty much carried the team last year (well,2nd half of the year anyway) maybe the guys just sittin back and told the other boys to have a bit of a go LOL

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=184010.msg274027#msg274027 date=1279001649]

I guess that explains why those three are going so ordinary then!

I have no answers as to why Choc's form is down, but I do know we need him to be our best forward (and realistically without Snake, we need him to be our best player full stop) if we're going to make an impact late in the season.
[/quote]

It's because he has got his fat contract look at a lot of players play well until they get that contract then become lazy

If he's so exhausted he should stay out of the pub and focus on proper physical recuperation.  He's not paid $400k to compromise his work performance. 

Matabele link said:
If he's so exhausted he should stay out of the pub and focus on proper physical recuperation.  He's not paid $400k to compromise his work performance. 

Jezuz, I'd better destroy all that photo evidence my wife has of me then !! Hehehehe

swoop link said:
Fark, I'm sick of that defence for players, burnt out my arse. They are professional footballers who don't have to work and are paid squillions.

It might be a case of an over inflated ego knowning that no matter how bad he plays he won't get benched or lose his spot.

BTW not having a go at you cambo.

Swoop, I can't agree with you there that footballers are being paid squillions. As footballers their body will only last for so long taking the same knocks all the time. I will never begrudge then for that.

You are however on the money that they are professional footballers and should be up to the rigors of the competition and representative commitments week in week out, its not like they hold down a second job.

I'm starting to think cyclists are tougher than NRL footballers.  Anyone who saw vision of Gerrans this evening would know what I mean.

Well we could definitely to with some of their fitness at the moment.

Matabele link said:
I'm starting to think cyclists are tougher than NRL footballers.  Anyone who saw vision of Gerrans this evening would know what I mean.

You get more injuries carrying around more bulk. I cant believe how skinny some of those cyclists arms are...sheesh

god forbid this comment... but do Manly seem unfit this year, Choc included...?
at the back-end of games, we really do struggle this year.
could only be physical or mental, and probably a combination of both...

PCam link said:
god forbid this comment... but do Manly seem unfit this year, Choc included...?
at the back-end of games, we really do struggle this year.
could only be physical or mental, and probably a combination of both...
Plenty of them have a belly they didn't have in 2008. Glen, Choc, Lyon and Rose are the prime candidates with evidence of a Good Year. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4