Is Axing Saab the answer ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is part of the solution. We won't solve them all at once, but Saab looked like a deer in the headlights and totally unready to do anything beyond run with a football in open space

Okay, we are missing forwards and hookers, but I could list a quality unit:

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Cade Cust
10. Marty Taupau
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Whoever
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Jack Gosiewski

Next week:
  • Tom comes in for Harper, who moves to centre for Suli;
  • Haumole comes in for Schuster, who moves to 6, Foran to 7, DCE to 14
Ryan fair side however move DCE to hooker, I think it could work much like Ben Hunt

If our captain could actually organise an attacking set which ends with a bomb to Saab's wing on the 5th tackle instead of putting it out on the full then maybe Saab could actually show what he could be capable of.....

Saab hasn't been great don't get me wrong, needs to run harder on the kick returns/coming out of trouble. But he's hardly the problem with the team.

Then again Saab could be getting dropped for other reasons in the background, who knows.
I don’t want him dropped but perhaps Des is also a bit worried about his confidence out there and what a game vs the Panthers might do to him. In saying that being dropped is hardly confidence instilling. God knows what Hasler is thinking. If it were me I’d stick with him. At least he offers a kicking target. Also if he’s replaced please let it be Tuipolotu rather than Funa. Funa is not a winger. In saying that I have no qualms about Funa going into Centre for Parker.

Gosiewski is only there because Siro,Davey,Olakatau are all injured and they have no- one else.
Schuster is doing what's asked of him in the second row position.
This will be endearing him to Des ,I hope.

Gosiewski is only there because Siro,Davey,Olakatau are all injured and they have no- one else.
Schuster is doing what's asked of him in the second row position.
This will be endearing him to Des ,I hope.
Jetski was picked in front of Davey and Ola first week. He was our first choice left side edge forward.He’s Dessies first choice.That’s how ridiculous the situation is.
How do you get dropped in this side.How many convictions has he had.

Jetski was picked in front of Davey and Ola first week. He was our first choice left side edge forward.He’s Dessies first choice.That’s how ridiculous the situation is.
How do you get dropped in this side.How many convictions has he had.
Unfortunately you are correct .I am more saying even if he was to be dropped now ,because of being dog$hit average, He can't be.There is no one else.
So Des has his hands tied.

whilst talking about passing have you guys noticed that Schuster passes without looking at the player he's passing to. Wondering if that makes a candidate for intercepts? Not a critism just an observation

I agree, it's something he'll have to become more selective with, like he's done with his kicks.

whilst talking about passing have you guys noticed that Schuster passes without looking at the player he's passing to. Wondering if that makes a candidate for intercepts? Not a critism just an observation

Yes, a couple of us mentioned that somewhere else - but so far they seem to be working. Maybe he sneaks a lil look before-hand, I dunno but I think tom's long flat passes have been snagged more than Shu's no lookers....so I'm happy with them (does get the heart rate going though).

Yep. Sad but true I suppose.
And not to be argumentative ,but Gosiewski has looked decent starting 2nd row in the past when Siro has been out injured.He has looked good running aggressive lines off DCE .
I can understand why Des may of given him first shot .
He could've made that jumper his ,but with the halves not firing that definetly doesn't help.
But halves and forwards are not our #1 problem ,like some have suggested.
No hooker and leaking backs are killing us.We need a quality ball distributor who doesn't always play from standing still and passing from the ground whilst never looking up and playing what's in front of him.

Yes, a couple of us mentioned that somewhere else - but so far they seem to be working. Maybe he sneaks a lil look before-hand, I dunno but I think tom's long flat passes have been snagged more than Shu's no lookers....so I'm happy with them (does get the heart rate going though).
Oh ,looking forward to some of Tom's forward cut out passes and interceptors between injury breaks.

I'd be willing to put Schuster in as a ball playing lock and move Jake a bit

Moving Jake to prop and playing Siro, or now more likely Schuster as the ball playing lock is something I've been saying for a while. Problem is that right now Jake is basically covering for Croker in the middle. Moving him to the bench for 20-30 minutes a game because of the rotation would severely weaken our defense up the middle as I don't know if either Siro or Shoe can handle the same load.

As for Saab ... is it his fault the kicks to him have been 5m short of the line every time? Is it his fault that our left edge has leaked tries like a sieve?? (he plays on our right). Is it his fault that those inside of him in the 3 games have been error man Jetski and ball hogs Siro and Suli? While he hasn't set the world on fire I defy anyone to explain how he has been worse than Garrick. Reubs is just lucky he can kick goals and has managed to cross for a couple of tries, otherwise he's been fairly atrocious.

That was doing my head in..
It's understandable if your attacking the line and trying to fool the opposition, but he was continually doing it, like, on our own 40 as just a link man he was still over the top looking right but passing left.. you just look like a complete moron when your doing it that often and that over the top..
Wish he would worry less about the hero no look passes and early kicks and just play his f$&king role

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8