Is Axing Saab the answer ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rumour has it the kid we signed from the Roosters will get a shot this week. Why we can't try Harper or Saab in Fullback and move walker back to centre, Parker back to the bar at the leagues club and shcuster to 5/8 is beyond me, what do we possibly have to lose by trying something new
5 seconds of Saab at fullback on the weekend was enough to convince Dessie he should never be there again ..

Saab has 2 obvious qualities, speed and height. Manly have used neither

All the kicks to his wing have been too short
Been given very little chance to show his speed

Has looked a little awkward in defence . If saab is dropped its an admission the guys inside cant kick for **** and cant create space. While i feel sorry for the kid if its true , so are the symptoms . May as well have a solid guy who can run it out of corners because thats what manly wingers have been doing for years,

Wingers are not finishers at manly , they are starters , for a whole range of reasons to do with possesion, field position, attack and game management . If saab wants to score tries he needs to be an edge backrower , especially if you play on one side of the field

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
This must be a joke. Saab hasn't set the world on fire but there are others inside him who should be getting the axe.
Did he make the guys inside keep dropping balls or throwing stupid offloads?
Also, maybe the 5~6 halves we have playing can open their eyes, see that we have a tall giraffe on the wing and put up a decent attacking kick that he can contest.

I think it’s more to do the the players inside Saab, take that as you will

Mate, that's correct for about 80% of all tries scored out wide ... but Saab is a poor tackler in addition to any positional short comings or inexperience ... IMO he is uncoordinated, gangly and has poor body dynamics ... he has been kicked to 6 times in attack and hasn't even got close to timing his run or jump correctly ....

Kid needs more time in the reggies to learn his craft ... but I have my doubts ... no doubt he would look brilliant finishing off a backline movement .. and in the clear we would cheer .. but doubts he will ever become a complete footy player ...

For his sake I hope I am wrong ..

Is Axing Saab the answer ?​

As it appears, Des’s must think it’s the answer.
There better be a few others or surely it’s some kind of dumb joke.

the debate is raging on Facebook and they seem to be in favour of axing Saab because he is clearly the at fault party here.

Trying to help them look at it even from a pure stats point of view

"look at the pure stats from last week as an example https://silvertails.net/.../dragons-v-manly.../page-29...
Mr goat photos himself, Croker should be first on the chopping block, closely followed by Jetski. Saabs performance isn't game breaking but its still streets ahead of other areas. Our forwards and Hooker(s) are really bleeding us and our wing just isn't getting enough ball in space because our centres are starving them of ball.
Our game plan seems to be to use the middle as much as possible and try and win in the engine room, however thats completely useless when your forwards aren't creating any kind of platform and your hooker isn't setting them up to. No way should a hooker be making so few tackles as ours are. Paseka, Jetski, Croker and Parker are defensive liabilities and unless we fix that, we aren't s snowflakes chance of winning a game"

Basically if you look at the stats it tells you, our forwards make more metres retreating than going forward, our hooking department is severely behind where it should be and our wingers are there to make up the numbers and stand around.

Our halves don't know how to kick to them or they aren't getting the ball in the right position to kick for them.

Our problem is very very very clearly in the forwards and number 9 and that is what needs to be addressed

Hasler, who has vowed to turn things around at the Sea Eagles after a winless start to the year, has also made a change in the backline with recruit Jason Saab set to be axed after just three games at his new club.

Saab joined the Sea Eagles from St George Illawarra in the preseason after agitating for an early release from his deal with the Dragons for most of last year.

5 seconds of Saab at fullback on the weekend was enough to convince Dessie he should never be there again ..
I wouldn't judge him on that moment, Dufty would burn anyone with acceleration from 20m out....but certainly wouldn't have him my first choice fullback, but did argue with others on here who claimed he was not an option by the seletors, obviously he was/is as had a run there after 3 games

the debate is raging on Facebook and they seem to be in favour of axing Saab because he is clearly the at fault party here.

Trying to help them look at it even from a pure stats point of view

"look at the pure stats from last week as an example https://silvertails.net/.../dragons-v-manly.../page-29...
Mr goat photos himself, Croker should be first on the chopping block, closely followed by Jetski. Saabs performance isn't game breaking but its still streets ahead of other areas. Our forwards and Hooker(s) are really bleeding us and our wing just isn't getting enough ball in space because our centres are starving them of ball.
Our game plan seems to be to use the middle as much as possible and try and win in the engine room, however thats completely useless when your forwards aren't creating any kind of platform and your hooker isn't setting them up to. No way should a hooker be making so few tackles as ours are. Paseka, Jetski, Croker and Parker are defensive liabilities and unless we fix that, we aren't s snowflakes chance of winning a game"

Basically if you look at the stats it tells you, our forwards make more metres retreating than going forward, our hooking department is severely behind where it should be and our wingers are there to make up the numbers and stand around.

Our halves don't know how to kick to them or they aren't getting the ball in the right position to kick for them.

Our problem is very very very clearly in the forwards and number 9 and that is what needs to be addressed

Okay, we are missing forwards and hookers, but I could list a quality unit:

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Cade Cust
10. Marty Taupau
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Whoever
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Jack Gosiewski

Next week:
  • Tom comes in for Harper, who moves to centre for Suli;
  • Haumole comes in for Schuster, who moves to 6, Foran to 7, DCE to 14

I wouldn't judge him on that moment, Dufty would burn anyone with acceleration from 20m out....but certainly wouldn't have him my first choice fullback, but did argue with others on here who claimed he was not an option by the seletors, obviously he was/is as had a run there after 3 games

You're a good man Max ... my view wasn't formed by the fact he missed Dufty, you are correct many would ... more with his movements and reactions ... in the end he didn't get within metres of him ..

Okay, we are missing forwards and hookers, but I could list a quality unit:

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Cade Cust
10. Marty Taupau
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Whoever
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Jack Gosiewski

Next week:
  • Tom comes in for Harper, who moves to centre for Suli;
  • Haumole comes in for Schuster, who moves to 6, Foran to 7, DCE to 14
I'd be willing to put Schuster in as a ball playing lock and move Jake a bit

You're a good man Max ... my view wasn't formed by the fact he missed Dufty, you are correct many would ... more with his movements and reactions ... in the end he didn't get within metres of him ..
they were at least equal with Walker's.

How many times did Walker sit in the line to defence within our 10m just stupid, he never put himself in a position the ball

they were at least equal with Walker's.

How many times did Walker sit in the line to defence within our 10m just stupid, he never put himself in a position the ball

That is positional play ... I am talking more about physical reaction and coordination ..

It always comes back to the goat photos....Until they are retrieved and destroyed we are ****ed.It’s past a joke now

If our captain could actually organise an attacking set which ends with a bomb to Saab's wing on the 5th tackle instead of putting it out on the full then maybe Saab could actually show what he could be capable of.....

Saab hasn't been great don't get me wrong, needs to run harder on the kick returns/coming out of trouble. But he's hardly the problem with the team.

Then again Saab could be getting dropped for other reasons in the background, who knows.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6