Is Axing Saab the answer ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Saab is on shaky ground if Harper comes back in... which I dont think he should by the way. I think we have found a very very good Centre and winger in Koula and Tippytoes. Tippytoes' carries as I have said before are like Jorge at his best. He is a beast coming out of our own end and gives us so much more in that regard than Saab. Saab has the speed but really offers not a lot at all when coming off our line. Will be interesting to see if Harper comes straight back in.... I say nope - Koula showed he is a very very good defender and last night some last ditch defence stopped him from punching some huge holes in the Titans. If Garrick is fit which hopefully he is I would leave the back three as they are for the Sharks. Maybe the thought of a rampaging Talakai scares Des into keeping Harper and his boot lace tackles which might negate the rampage. Will be an interesting Tuesday arvy with selections.
Talakai can be rocks or diamonds. Get up quick on him , give him no time and he'll throw passes over the sideline or drop it. Guac will handle him no worries.

Maybe the thought of a rampaging Talakai scares Des into keeping Harper and his boot lace tackles which might negate the rampage. Will be an interesting Tuesday arvy with selections.
Talakai is playing very well this year with Hines in the halves & Fitzgibbon as coach. Last year when he played right centre against us, Parker easily shut him down on every instance.

Injuries (& covid?) may have a big bearing on selections this week. Des praises Koula a lot in interviews, so if all the backs are fit this week, he may choose to select him as fullback and leave out Tuipulotu. Personally, I think this would increase our attacking potency.

Id like to see more strategy on the right, two trick plays that didnt come off is not good enough for the fastest winger in the comp.

We really need someone like Gifty or Lyon to help with structure because its just too clunky on the right. Harper since mid-2021 has failed to draw defenders to put Saab away so we are left with an overreliance on Turbo magic or DCE with the set play which hasnt worked this year yet.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6