Is anyone else Excited ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
After some tough injuries and things looking to be sliding South after a great season, I personally love the selections by Des for this Saturday.
These young forwards who are on show Saturday and the fact young Funa is also in line looking for promotion, that may well happen in 2020.
We then have Ben T coming through, young Hoppa will be back from injury and hopefully this young Schuster is sticking around to create what looks like a very possible dynasty!!
After feeling down after that Eels game and things looking bleak, these selections shows we are looking to tomorrow, but Des has the confidence today....this makes me confident, do other Silvertails have a good feel about this too ??

giphy.gif

Yes, yes

Last edited:
After some tough injuries and things looking to be sliding South after a great season, I personally love the selections by Des for this Saturday.
These young forwards who are on show Saturday and the fact young Funa is also in line looking for promotion, that may well happen in 2020.
We then have Ben T coming through, young Hoppa will be back from injury and hopefully this young Schuster is sticking around to create what looks like a very possible dynasty!!
After feeling down after that Eels game and things looking bleak, these selections shows we are looking to tomorrow, but Des has the confidence today....this makes me confident, do other Silvertails have a good feel about this too ??

Look, I’ll cheer any Manly side and yes I’m enthusiastic about the Ping fellas getting a crack, however being realistic I can only see us getting lapped , and lapped in a big way.

However where there’s hope ( as they say).

After the terrible performances of the last 2 weeks and the injuries/suspension, I am feeling more like Kogarah 2010 than Brookie 2007-2008.
But I'll see you there and just hope our hoodoo over Cronulla bites them again...

Look, I’ll cheer any Manly side and yes I’m enthusiastic about the Ping fellas getting a crack, however being realistic I can only see us getting lapped , and lapped in a big way.

Not going in with Massive expectations here Mark, but I feel quietly confident these boys will have a good crack and no supporters will feel let down after the 80 minutes, so happy enough with this.
I aim this thread as a great stack of youngsters who are coming through, Des showing he has high regard for their ability....if they shock a few with a win on Saturday, its a bonus...either way the future looks exciting

I'm super pumped about this one. :rofl:

Love that the mess with Elliot and Reuben has been recitified and our backline is intact except for Tom - so big game from Elliot this week.:thumbsup:
As everyone is saying a simple and direct gameplan in the forwards is needed - run straight and hard, hold the ball, stand up and play the ball fast. :football:
I would also like to see as many dummy half sneaks as possible from Api and Manase on Saturday night. Every metre and possession minute counts. :leftmagnify:

It will be a mighty effort but I truly believe we can win. Love that we got 8 full days to train too :party:

NYEagle

Love that the mess with Elliot and Reuben has been recitified and our backline is intact except for Tom - so big game from Elliot this week.:thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure they were named this way around for the Parra game and Des made the change when they ran onto the field. No guarantee they will line up as named this week either, so don't count your chickens

The player coming through to get most excited about is Manase Fainu's brother Sione. Big, fast, skilful and huge engine. Post contact metres galore. He is smaller than Payne Haas but would be quicker and more nimble on his feet. He could be top 30 next year.

The prospect of Fainu x 2, Schuster, three Turbo's, Haumole, Keppie, Paseka and co. is the nucleus of an amazing side going forward.

Looking at the team sheet I find it impossible to see how we can win a forwards battle?! I like to be optimistic but there is a serious disadvantage with our pack and that is before you consider that Tom T is not playing. Crazy against the odds win if we jag it.

Mate I think they'll rip us a new one with a full strength 1st grade side. It could get ugly with Townsend and Johnson chiming in. Put your pith helmet on. It'll be a miracle that I'm hoping for.

This time last year we were celebrating no getting the spoon ..... maybe you are setting your expectations a tad too high. I’m happy ....i thought that we had no chance of making the finals this year all my expectations have been exceeded... I’m happy some of the young kids will get some finals experience to put some fire in their belly for next year.

Sharks will score twice in the first 10 minutes and go into cruise mode. Manly will rally and hang tough, somehow scrambling and keeping them out for the rest of the first half.
In the second half Manly fluke an early try through some weird manoeuvre by Fainu (who does it so often it probably isn't a fluke).
Suddenly sharks are trying to rouse themselves from their slumber but things are turning against them. Couple of handling errors, a penalty, one or two of their crocks go down injured.
Next minute Manly is on the attack. The crowd (me and all the rest of you) is going crazy and we have the momentum.
I won't tell you the ending...
but you won't be disappointed! Go Manly

This time last year we were celebrating no getting the spoon ..... maybe you are setting your expectations a tad too high. I’m happy ....i thought that we had no chance of making the finals this year all my expectations have been exceeded... I’m happy some of the young kids will get some finals experience to put some fire in their belly for next year.

Oh don’t worry I’m absolutely stoked at finishing 6th ( I had us 12th),

It’s been an incredible ride!!

But I’m just being realistic as to the possible result.

Always hopeful, but expectations have been tempered somewhat with our form and injuries, but yep I’m getting excited!

I just hope we are in the game, our senior players stand up, our halfback and captain plays a blinder, and all the players give a good account of themselves.

Finals footy is about desire. It’s still 13 on 13 and anything can happen, I just hope we remember how to play footy again after a couple of lacklustre performances

A few days ago I was totally despondent about our chances. Now with all the Greenturd bullsht that's been pulled I'm feeling excited about our chances here. The turpins have been rocks and diamonds and I reckon they'll get the usual sardine stench when they come up against us. We're a shot here.

Mate I am so excited I have a hard on .
Manly to win all the way !!!

9005092453_b54228dbd3_b.jpg

Looking at the team sheet I find it impossible to see how we can win a forwards battle?! I like to be optimistic but there is a serious disadvantage with our pack and that is before you consider that Tom T is not playing. Crazy against the odds win if we jag it.
We hunt as a pack, we will get over them. It won’t be easy and will be a win for the ages but we can do it.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10