Is a GF Realistic for Manly - 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We won’t make the top 4 this year, and the GF will be a Melbourne and Penrith rematch. Same result, I’m fearing.
But a PF is achievable for us now. And almost incredible after our start.

The Rorters and the Eels have a tougher run home than us, the top 3 looks fairly concrete with Panthers, Storm and South’s.

We are a chance of making the top four as long as Turbo is fit and playing.

The bookmakers most likely have a market, that would indicate the likelihood .

I think if we played Eels, Souths and Chooks we lose 1/3 against each. That is, we can beat them on a good day but all things even, they get the points. Teams don't just pop up and start beating the cream of the crop; it's a slow burn. We need to gradually build over the next 1-2 years to be consistently up there with those sides. They have the runs on the board over an extended period and we are only now, just popping our heads up.

Only my 2 cents worth.
I agree, top four is a stretch, but still a possibility. I think Parra are going to struggle a touch with their run home and the Roosters aren’t what they were in years past.

Our issue is not having to beat the top sides, we only have two left in our run, our issue is consistently beating the teams that are beneath us. If we do that we are a chance.

Next year is a different ball game.

The thing about the roosters is they have cordners money and possibly jake friends money and dont have to spend it until aug 1. With many teams way out of final contention by then they could potentially sign a number of free agents by releasing a few nevilles from the squad. Josh morris has potentially left another spot in the squad. Players like shaun johnson, norman as basic examples that could all have cameos at the tri colours

Aslong as they stay in touch they could be anything by the finals and they stand to make the NRL look like a joke by signing 4 or 5 superstars on on 10 week contracts as other clubs out of finals contention release them early to add more cap for next year . BY up fronting more money this year on players they are keeping for next season

I suspect they are not the only club with that tactic in mind.
July will reshape the final race possibly

Every team at their best - no injuries and Manly have as a high a ceiling as any....the attack of Top 4 at best are similar standards....the deciding factor in 2021 will be 3 things in No particular order...

1) The best, gutsy, gritty defensive team
2) The team who avoid key injuries
3) The team who win favourable decisions, in a game where refs have more impact than ever

A GF appearance this year...yes a serious possibility, but this squad needs to learn quite a few hard yards yet to win it, IMHO. Losing one when they are not really ready will galvanise them into the strongest premiership squad we have had for a long time IMHO.

Our future is VERY bright under the current structure.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8