Interesting kicking stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with Fluffy that it is possible that Witt is responsible for a lot of the poor kicks. I just know that the kicking game has been so poor up until very recently that I cringed watching it. Monas was great for 30 mins in the 2nd half against the rorters and has been definitely improving. I still reckon between them the kicks are going to the opposition and Monas has been as bad. Nuff on that <unsarcastic> interesting </unsarcastic> topic :)

If we had Lockyer we would be about 3 -1 to win the comp. A Qlder but a deadset champion.

As long as he wasn't at fullback !

Lockyer would still be the World's best fullback if he played there. Many experts believe he is one of the best fullbacks ever, he mustn't have been too bad.

Volley, did you watch him play fullback or just listen to Fatty & Rabs crap on about him ? He missed tackles & dropped bombs, I used to make a point of counting the errors he made just in case I was imagining it, I wasn't.
Much better 5/8 though I must say.

Volley, did you watch him play fullback or just listen to Fatty & Rabs crap on about him ? He missed tackles & dropped bombs, I used to make a point of counting the errors he made just in case I was imagining it, I wasn't.
Much better 5/8 though I must say.

Yeah I saw him play and I was pretty impressed, whether for Brisbane, Queensland and Australia (apart from that test early on in his career). I guess being named in that best Australian side or whatever it was a few years back shows he was average.

It shows the bias towards him. Much like many on here feel about King playing for city or getting in the NSW squad & all that. Where humans are involved errors can be made & personal feelings can cloud the facts. Phil Daley played for the Kangaroos, he was the old Jason King.

[quote author=Fluffy]
This one is fairly black and white stats wise. 1 and 2 in % to open space. From rugby league week. Im not saying he is better but it shows in this aspect monas is pretty good.

Michael Monagahn 61 Long Kicks 18 Directly to oppoent 43 to open space
Darren Lockyer 72 Long Kicks 30 directly to oppoent 42 to Open space

Yes very interesting

Stats will also show that Monaghs has it all over Locky with Lockys hiugh percentage of missed tackles,

SO stats show Monaghs Kicking is better, and Defence is better, possibly without checking Lockys attacking stats are better. So Monaghs has 2 out of 3 over Locky, SO Stats Show Monaghs is obviously a better player than Locky.

Yes we are very lucky, Monaghs can start packing for the Kangaroo tour as we speak!

Theres no way Monas is better than Lockyer. He has played some of the most perfect games ive every seen!

Theres no way Monas is better than Lockyer. He has played some of the most perfect games ive every seen!

mate just making the point, after we have copped a week of Monaghs > Orford Stats , that stats prove very little while these guys play with different forward packs, players around them etc. But i got hammered for agreeing with the judgement of blokes like Fulton/Tooves/Dessie as i dont have a mind of my own!!!!

It's an improvement on the last few years, they've got to find space after making 30-40m out of a lot of sets. Also the tendency to kick early before the wingers are right back would help.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2