Instead of this neverending talk about who we keep we should planning who we get

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
thanks Susan, truly, it wasn't a shot at you! I like what you write but tad too much all in one shot for my old eyes! Darren

Tooves doesn't make the tackles but 23 points is there for all to see. It's a definite worry. Last night I felt we could easily be cracked in defence. I haven't felt like that for awhile.

It's a long season: no point peaking in March!!

I wonder if the constant contract speculation and/or negotiations are on the players minds a little.

IMHO this comes back to the managers, feeding rumors and media speculation in a crass attempt to bump up a players worth and their own corresponding slice of a bigger pie. It seems to me that this tactic is backfiring somewhat.... I'll put forward one Darcy Lussick as a prime example as IMHO his value is getting lower with every ordinary game.

Consequence or causality?? I dunno... But it's giving me the $hits..

Toovey and the players have been together under Hasler for many years now. They havent forgot how to tackle they simply arent in the right mental state at the moment. They are playing lazy and it is a premiership/schedule hangover effect as well as all the media Hasler garbage going on. They have the next 2 games to get back into the groove and now is their chance to do it. Penrith and Titans at Brookie is must win at all costs or our season is over.Do not under estimate how important our attitude in these next 2 games is going to be. It is going to define the rest of our season.

I blaming it on fatigue, travel and no home games as of yet. Our line breaks yesterday was embarrassing 8-3 to parra. The boys just dont have energy to play a full 80 minutes and injuries have also killed our start to this season!
KOMORI said:
23.57 points per game is worrying. One thing we could depend on last year was our defense.... the intensity seems to be lacking this year so far unfortunately.

Agree with that Mick.I thinkthere is a genine consensus that at full strength we will be fine which I agree with wholeheartedly.Unfortunately with Foran and Stewart out we wont be anywhere near back to full strength till round 10.
Unless we win the home games coming with a weak side we will simply be left with too much to do to make the top 4 and as i have said before under the new system I reckon 7 or 8 is a bigger deathknell than before.

I cant believe our luck!Same as 09.What goes on at the f...ing Storm.To add to my intense hatred I just cant believe their luck with injury.They lose one of the three and they are finished yet it never,ever happens.We seem to lose big time players in clusters all the time.Makes our 2 premierships even more remarkeable,back end of last year being a classic example.

look the drama i have is the fairly average players under des, where superb glenn hall, mark byrant, monas, robbo all did nothing at there other clubs. Seems toovs does not have this effect on players. if we can make the bottom end of 8 then we can make a run given 5 plays 8 and 6 vs 7. Facts are rosey needs to be in fg, harrison is rubbish. We are missing the gifty and killer combination a **** load. This will be back next week..hopefully. If foran goes he goes he is not worth 700 k a season, i still believe snake is playing good footy.

No disrespect meant Ryan but we've always been a club that's been loyal to our juniors, so you won't hear me discussing another coach. At least not until he's been given a decent amount of time to show his wares.

We're 2 from 5 at the moment with a rough start, i reckon it's pretty safe to assume we will be 6 or 7 from 10, and sitting in the top 4 by the halfway mark.

bones said:
A forward pack that won the premiership last year is not first grade material. LMAO.

Premiership pack ... minus Rodney (gone) Rose (form) Gift (hurt) and T-Rex (punished).

Please, after 5 rounds Ryan is going the goose-step on Toovs, poor form. Susan has a point. Give the non-signers an end point, and if not signed then plan ahead. I believe we have some goodies waiting in the wings. We look like we're bringing some on already, and I'd like to see who may fill Foran's boots this Monday if he's out. Whoever is on the wing come Monday, be it O or T, they'll have to be sharp with Jennings in rare form. Hopefully Jamie is back to lend a hand.

I have always thought that it is better to have a team full of promising youngsters than a team of older players who have had success. I just don't understand how a guy like Gallen can plow through the metres, game after game but if Kite or King hit 100m we are lauding them.

And I wonder if there are still posters that would prefer Brett Stewart over Billy Slater, which was common up to last year even?

You just knew Hayne would rise to the occasion last nite. Why can't Stewart do this any more?

Stewart bagged a try, stopped a few and didn't miss a tackle. Sure his timing was off, but he wasn't the cause of last nights loss.

Moops said:
I have always thought that it is better to have a team full of promising youngsters than a team of older players who have had success. I just don't understand how a guy like Gallen can plow through the metres, game after game but if Kite or King hit 100m we are lauding them.

And I wonder if there are still posters that would prefer Brett Stewart over Billy Slater, which was common up to last year even?

You just knew Hayne would rise to the occasion last nite. Why can't Stewart do this any more?

Slater. Hayne. Gallen. Three players that have a combined total of zero premierships. I'm happy with the players we have.

I'm still pretty happy with the squad we've got. There are probably only 2 guys that I would possibly sign for 2013 -
Sam Kasiano
Michael Gordon - only if Snake leaves

Ryan said:
Toovey is a crap coach. No-one wants to say it, and most are afraid to on this website, but I will.

Our defence is absolute garbage under him.

We aren't doing the little things right.

We look sloppy.

All these attributes, our team didn't have under Hasler.

Geoff, "I'm a laid back style approach" doesn't suit our system like I said after the 1st trial. Writing was on the wall.

Point to remember Ryan and that is do not freak out..

Look I to have been baffled and bitterly disappointed by the poor defence and losses this year and it is easy to blame Toovey as he is the tangible change from last year, but seriously it is 5 games in (exc the trial and WCC) - so to be fair it is too early to point the finger at him, in my opinion.

I am no expert but I just believe all these injuries we have are due to fatigue, from a long tough and bluddy successful 2011 - remember to that a lot of players played in the rep season, making it even tougher on their system.

To be blunt they are buggared.

And to be even more frank I think this year will be a sort of rebuilding phase, where Toovey finds his feet along with the new coaching staff (after the Des poaching). Look it aint great but in reality I think that is where we will be this year - but I hope I am proven wrong.
Chin up Ryan ..

DSM5 said:
Stewart bagged a try, stopped a few and didn't miss a tackle. Sure his timing was off, but he wasn't the cause of last nights loss.

I agree with that but he does not seem happy like he used to be on the field. He is not at 100% that's for sure. If contract negotiations are the cause of our bad form Manly should give these guys deadlines.

No doubt in the world I would rather see Stewart in Manly colours over Slater. Would rather have Sam Murphy back than Slater tbh, can't stand the bloke

Moops said:

Ryan said:
If we WANT to improve, we ask Elliott to come out of retirement, and coach this team. I think he might be back-up at the chooks or something....not sure.
Sorry ryan that is dumbest post in the history of Internet forums.
1) judging tooves after 5 rounds.
2) go look at Elliot's record it's almost as bad as Peter sharps

Kiwi Eagle said:
No doubt in the world I would rather see Stewart in Manly colours over Slater. Would rather have Sam Murphy back than Slater tbh, can't stand the bloke

Moops said:

I don't believe you would make this decision if you were the guy in charge of recruitment/retention...and handsomely paid to do the job, mind you. If my arse was on the line, I would go for Slater any day of the week as I think he has well and truly surpassed Stewart as a player. Put yourself in this position!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6