Inglis ****show will be interesting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HappilyManly

Journey Man
It’s gotta be tough for some players who are absolute demigods one day and feather dusters the next.

It’s why I reckon the training for life after football should take place from day 1.
GI was in rehab 2 years ago and relapsed with that DUI incident a while back.

His alcohol addiction has been around for a long time.

Divorce, new partner and new kid just piles on the pressure @:cool:

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yet still managed to avoid conviction for the DUI.

I hope he framed that character reference from Toddy.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
and the inglis show continues:

Greg Inglis’ lost weekend in Brisbane mansion for Magic Round
Greg Stolz, EXCLUSIVE, The Sunday Mail (Qld)
May 26, 2019 12:00am
Subscriber only
A DRUNKEN Greg Inglis spent the NRL’s Magic Round weekend in a Brisbane riverside mansion with friends and controversial former nude model and reality TV star Suzi Taylor as frantic family, his girlfriend and South Sydney Rabbitohs officials tried to find him.

The Sunday Mail has learned details of the league legend’s bizarre lost-weekend bender which has just seen him admitted to rehab.

It can be revealed that Inglis spent the recent Magic Round weekend drinking with mates and former The Block star Taylor at a luxury home in inner Brisbane after meeting her at the Osbourne Hotel in Fortitude Valley on the Thursday night of the NRL festival at Suncorp Stadium.

It led to desperate attempts by Inglis’ girlfriend, sister, Souths boss Shane Richardson and even Broncos indigenous great Justin Hodges to track him down.

Sources say Inglis and girlfriend, NRL event boss Alyse Caccamo, ran into Taylor at the Osbourne on the Thursday of Magic Round and the retired Maroons star turned up at her house two days later.

Inglis entered a relationship with Ms Caccamo earlier this year after splitting with wife Sally, the mother of their two children.

“Suzi said, ‘Greg Inglis won’t stop ringing me,’ ” said a witness who was staying at the house, who did not want to be named.

“Greg was at the Osbourne with his girlfriend and it seemed like he knew Suzi and they reconnected.”

The man, a professional aged in his 50s, said Taylor turned up at the house on Saturday night with Inglis “and two random blokes”.

“They had booze under their arms and sat down in the kitchen – I asked them if they’d mind keeping the noise down,” he said.

“The randoms were gone the next morning but Greg was still there.

“He stayed until Monday at the house.

“It seemed to me like he wanted to escape from the world for a few days and get away from whatever pressures he was feeling.

“He was drinking beer and sort of drifting in and out of consciousness.

“I tried to talk to him a couple of times and finally convinced him to have a shower and gave him some (fresh) clothes.”

When Inglis said he’d lost his phone, the man rang it and a woman named Alyse answered.

“She was pretty aggro and demanded to know the address,” the man said.

“She said to get him to the (Brisbane) Novotel straight away or you’ll have the media there.”

The Sunday Mail has seen a text message to the man with a similar demand.

“Get him to the Novotel Creek Street now before you are on the news tomorrow … NOW,” the message reads.

A frantic text was also sent to the man by the partner of Inglis' sister.

“Hi there … my name is Chantelle and I’m a family member if (sic) Greg’s,” one message reads.

“I’m so sorry to disturb you but the family is a little concerned about him as he has not checked out of his hotel accommodation or collected his belongings.

“I was kindly passed your contact number by Suzi Taylor, as she claims you were the last person she knew Greg was with.

“If you are aware of his whereabouts or are in contact with him at all, could you please get him to contact his sisters or parents.

“Again, very sorry to disturb you, we are just extremely concerned.”

The man said he was at work when he received a concerned call from Shane Richardson asking: “Is Greg with you?”

“He (Richardson) said words to the effect that he’s in the wrong company and someone needs to get him away from there,” he said.

“But Greg wasn’t really keen on going back to Sydney.”

The man said Justin Hodges turned up at the house and had a coffee with Inglis but was unable to persuade him to leave.

On the Monday morning after Magic Round, there were more calls and texts from Chantelle who, with Inglis' sister, drove six hours to Brisbane from the NSW North Coast to try to get the troubled superstar on a plane back to Sydney.

“They talked to Greg but he just kept saying ‘no, no, no’ … he wasn’t going to leave with them and go back to the hotel they’d booked,” he said.

“He agreed to go with them in the morning, so I gave them a bed for the night as they didn’t want to leave him.”

The Sunday Mail contacted Taylor, who said: “I’ve really got no comment.”

Taylor left the house last week, claiming she was going to Fiji to be one of the celebrities in the next series of Australian Survivor, but Channel 10 sources have disputed this.

A former Penthouse Pet centrefold, the 47-year-old divorced mother-of-three starred on Channel 9’s renovation show The Block in 2015 and was later snapped dancing topless on a boat in Melbourne after attending Oaks Day at Flemington races.

Taylor, who famously once dated INXS frontman Michael Hutchence and also claimed to have had a fling with Channel 9 star Richard Wilkins, recently revealed she was in a new relationship with 36-year-old Brisbane landscaper Jonathan Gregory-Kelly.

The Courier-Mail revealed last week that Inglis, who retired from rugby league last month, had been admitted to a rehabilitation clinic to treat alcohol and depression.

Inglis' family declined to comment yesterday and the South Sydney Rabbitohs did not return calls.

The club has asked for privacy for Inglis and said it would make no further comment.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
This really sounds like the kind of guy I would give a glowing character reference to.
Harsh. Some people have the luxury of sailing through life untouched, others have demons that they struggle with on a daily basis. I hope he's treated with the compassion and kindness we all deserve. It's a tough world out there.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Harsh. Some people have the luxury of sailing through life untouched, others have demons that they struggle with on a daily basis. I hope he's treated with the compassion and kindness we all deserve. It's a tough world out there.

It's a reflection on Greenburg.

He chose to give a glowing character reference to a guy that has done on numerous occasions, and continues to, bring the game into "disrepute".

Aren't the NRL also chipping in with a made-up job for Inglis as well ?

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

I have always gone easy on people struggling with what I have believed to be mental health issues on here ..... but in the fair dinkum department .... GreenTurd coming out yesterday and saying that Ingliss should be congratulated for his "courage" is the greatest piece of bulldust I have ever read .....

After 3 days of ignoring friends and others ... it appears that concerned people eventually and thankfully managed to get him to go into a facility where he will get the help he needs ....

To gloss over events and make out that Ingliss is some sort of hero or poster boy for mental health by congratulating him is a travesty and unhelpful ....

I wish Ingliss every success ... but it will only come from facing reality and a great amount of effort from himself and his family ...

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
It's a reflection on Greenburg.

He chose to give a glowing character reference to a guy that has done on numerous occasions, and continues to, bring the game into "disrepute".

Aren't the NRL also chipping in with a made-up job for Inglis as well ?
I have always gone easy on people struggling with what I have believed to be mental health issues on here ..... but in the fair dinkum department .... GreenTurd coming out yesterday and saying that Ingliss should be congratulated for his "courage" is the greatest piece of bulldust I have ever read .....

After 3 days of ignoring friends and others ... it appears that concerned people eventually and thankfully managed to get him to go into a facility where he will get the help he needs ....

To gloss over events and make out that Ingliss is some sort of hero or poster boy for mental health by congratulating him is a travesty and unhelpful ....

I wish Ingliss every success ... but it will only come from facing reality and a great amount of effort from himself and his family ...
Agree with you both - the fault is entirely with Greenberg - a dick of the highest order.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
i think g.i. must take some of the blame also, until he does that everyone else is wasting their time
I’d imagine that’s a big focus of the rehab. By the sound of it, he was a kind of deer in the headlights. I think when you’re freaking out, your brain isn’t working at all.
Hence, rehab.

conanu

Bencher
Is anyone else concerned that Greenberg is actually Greg Inglis's new girlfriends boss. His new girlfriend is the head of NRL events. So he gets the inside run on a retirement package from the NRL along with a supplemented income from the NRL. If the NRL were a listed company they would be under investigation. They dead set need a Royal Commission into Greenberg's tenure at the NRL, it will come out in the future that it was the most corrupt era of Rugby League ever to be seen.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
i think g.i. must take some of the blame also, until he does that everyone else is wasting their time

I think he’s actually crying out for somebody to take a hard line with him. He’s got away with DV, DUI, cheating on and off the field and somebody has been making excuses for him every step of the way. He won’t change his behaviour until he realises there are consequences.

yokahontas

Bencher
I think he’s actually crying out for somebody to take a hard line with him. He’s got away with DV, DUI, cheating on and off the field and somebody has been making excuses for him every step of the way. He won’t change his behaviour until he realises there are consequences.

And I think this is actually not uncommon for many of the footballers (and other sports stars) who lose their way - they’ve been let off the hook and had excuses made for them for all sorts of bad behaviour since they were teenagers (if not earlier). The softly, softly approach is never going to work in those cases.

Agree with you both - the fault is entirely with Greenberg - a dick of the highest order.
The thing that gets me is that Toddy said his daughter and friends were turning away from the NRL because of things like the De Bellins Case, but if you ask anybody involved with a footy club and they have no hesitation in telling you that everyone doesnt like Greenburg and they reckon he is destroying the game, but nobody has the go nads to go public with it

StuBoot

Bencher
The man, a professional aged in his 50s, said Taylor turned up at the house on Saturday night with Inglis “and two random blokes”.

“They had booze under their arms and sat down in the kitchen – I asked them if they’d mind keeping the noise down,” he said.

“The randoms were gone the next morning but Greg was still there.

“He stayed until Monday at the house.

“It seemed to me like he wanted to escape from the world for a few days and get away from whatever pressures he was feeling.

“He was drinking beer and sort of drifting in and out of consciousness.

“I tried to talk to him a couple of times and finally convinced him to have a shower and gave him some (fresh) clothes.”

Sooo....GI, two random blokes and Suzi Taylor rock up to your house with booze and they sit in the kitchen - you ask them to keep the noise down?
Do people just normally drop in at your house and party on?
What were you doing that you didn't care that they were in your kitchen as long as they kept the noise down?
Next morning the two guys are gone, what about Ms Taylor? - no mention of that.
He's drinking beer and drifting in and out of consciousness. - No thought of maybe ringing anybody, ambos?, NRL?, Lifeline? anybody?
And you let him stay until Monday?
You go to work ( I assume GI still at your house ) and Richo rings to ask if he's with you? He's keeping the wrong company.

No wonder you didn't want to be named!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14