Inglis hit on Young, How many weeks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
Great picture to back up your point haha, Inglis has made no effort to get his shoulder belows Young's shoulder

Why should he have to?You think Inglis should have started running on his knees? ...big bloke on little bloke...big bloke wins everytime.

wombatgc said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Great picture to back up your point haha, Inglis has made no effort to get his shoulder belows Young's shoulder

Why should he have to?You think Inglis should have started running on his knees? ...big bloke on little bloke...big bloke wins everytime.

Its more than obvious that the onus is on the tackler to avoid a breach of the rules when making a tackle.

Your eyes are painted on if you think contact occurred with the chest first. Thats just comical.

wombatgc said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Yeah really smart let's up the concussions so they become endemic to rugby league. Big blokes bend their knees & back to tackle small blokes it's not hard!

Have you ever had a bad concussion?

The other issue i beleive in all of this is inglis committed to a shoulder charge.

The judiciary in most cases looks at whether a player could have avoided the collision, and in this case i believe inglis commited to a shoulder charge which went wrong. He could have made a normal tackle, much lower on him and still would have been quite effective.

The shoulder charge is one of those risky tackling moves which walks a tight rope. Get it right and your a ledgend, get it wrong and you get to watch from the sidelines for a few weeks.

wombatgc said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Sorry I have taken so long to catch onto your posts, they are an attempt at comedy, aren't they ?

Surely you wouldn't be serious in suggesting that every time Jamie Lyon runs at Dave Taylor in a few weeks that Taylor has every right to take Lyon's head off because he is the taller man

wombatgc said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

...big bloke on little bloke...big bloke wins everytime.

Could you please e-mail this to t-rex and remind him that he is a big bloke.

So inglis fighting the grading of the charge at tomorrow nights judiciary. He has pleaded guilty so he is accepting that he was in the wrong.

I won't be surprised if he will be downgraded to 2 weeks, just in time for the manly game. History has shown the judiciary being favourable to nrl poster players

Firstly, yes he deserves to have a rest and sit on the sideslines as HE got it wrong. However, watching the game I loved it and thought great hit, in saying that I don't like seeing anyone concussed but unfortunately it is part of the game.

What disturbed me most about the incident was Merrin coming in and having a crack at Farrell who was sitting on the ground and was guilty of nothing more than making a legit tackle. This was what coursed the blue basically on top of an injured player and could have made things alot worse.

80-90 weeks at least.

Preferably 120-130. That should well and truly take him out of SOO considerations for the next 5 years.

Rusty. Tweet to GI

@greg_inglis hope it goes ok tonight.Every true league fan knows you are class, no malice in hit, hope judiciary isn't all ex NSW players!!

My response

@russellcrowe @greg_inglis @BradWalterSMH so Souffs coach WHINGING about dragons comment is wrong but u commenting on judiciary is ok

I'd imagine that the NRL are going to ban shoulder charges very shortly, whether Blind Freddy likes them or not. There's a few legal health and safety liability issues down the track, with concussion at the head of them (no pun intended). Also, how come Young can even be considered after suffering concussion? I thought there was some sort of time frame before players could play again. Remember concussions do lead to brain damage. It's irrefutable.

DSM5 said:
I'd imagine that the NRL are going to ban shoulder charges very shortly, whether Blind Freddy likes them or not. There's a few legal health and safety liability issues down the track, with concussion at the head of them (no pun intended). Also, how come Young can even be considered after suffering concussion? I thought there was some sort of time frame before players could play again. Remember concussions do lead to brain damage. It's irrefutable.

Yeah im surpriesd that young has been listed to back up this weekend. I think we really need to adopt the AFL system where you have to sit out your next game to recover.

I know it sucks for clubs and supporters for players having to sit out, but at the end of the day, player safety is important.

I also think if we adopted the AFL system, that if a player illegally concuses (accident do happen) another player, then they cop an automatic week on the sideline.

All the more reason for GI to lose his case and cop 5 weeks tonight.

Greg inglis for it downgraded. He is suspended for 3 weeks.

He will miss the game against manly.

I still feel if the nrl was serious about shoulder charges he should have recieved 5 weeks.

How did Teo get off? 2nd charge this year yet misses no game time. I thought there were carryover penalties and stuff for 2nd and subsequent offenses - you know, the same reasons T-Rex got a ridiculous 7 weeks and not 4.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6