Inglis hit on Young, How many weeks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's got to be the worst tackle I've seen this year. It's high and deliberate. Sure he got him on the chest but pretty much simultaneously collected his head. Those calling for 6 weeks are probably on the money although longer would send out a message.

That's the storm legacy for you.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
I also thought it was one of the worst this year. Saw this morning the talk was grade 3 and 3 weeks. Interesting to see the justification for the grading and how they handle it.

ManlyBacker said:
I also thought it was one of the worst this year. Saw this morning the talk was grade 3 and 3 weeks. Interesting to see the justification for the grading and how they handle it.

Same here, most things i have been reading poeple are suggesting grade 3.

It has stirred a typical media storm, so it will be interesting to see how the comitee handles this one.

Frank said:
That's got to be the worst tackle I've seen this year. It's high and deliberate. Sure he got him on the chest but pretty much simultaneously collected his head. Those calling for 6 weeks are probably on the money although longer would send out a message.

That's the storm legacy for you.
It was an ugly hit.but a big call to say the worst this year.I actually think Travis burns hit was worse, coupled with his rooster wing tackle could be out for a few weeks. Burns is definitely going to miss the finals this year. :)
I didn't see the papers this morning but surely there should be some good headlines."roosters crow over burns chicken wing tackle"

I thought Dean Young was caught unawares, he was starting to drop (just) but also had turned to pass the ball. This is a contact sport not fairy dancing. Accidents happen. Should be no more than a week.

That was no accident. Inglis had several second to decide what he was going to do.
An accident is when you throw out an arm in reflex after being side-stepped.

He'll get 2 weeks so they make sure, like Luke, that Souffs are at full strength against us.

On Nrl.com fitter is implying that Young is in part to blame for the shoulder charge that smashed him. NRL.com quote;
“The attacker needs to take responsibility as well,” says Fittler. “If you have the ball you have to be aware that there are 13 blokes out to smash you.
Unquote,
Classic Freddy.

With Freddy's logic they both should be suspended or what:huh:

Recall Big Ian getting King hit by Gene Miles in a semi - so Ian was not looking backwards at all , thus contributing to his being carted off - WTF Freddie:dodgy:

Inglis would be a great loss to the entertainment of the game. But so was T-Rex. I'm with Mick, looks like they are setting this up for a Manly return. If Snake can be back then it would be one fantastic contest.

Inglis hit with a Grade four dangerous contact charge.

Facing 5 weeks. 4 with an early plea.

Good to see the match review commitee apply some consistency. Now lets see the judiciary do the same (if it gets that far)

I really hope he doesn't fight it and get it downgraded to a week, or worse get off the charge.

He deserves 3 weeks minimum.

Mals said:
wombatgc said:
I still believe (and the video backs it up),first point of contact was the chest.And this assertion that he could've made a nice soft tackle to wrap the player up...WHY?...belt him.We're not playing Union here ...he's stranded there ,his support are snails. And Inglis nails him...beautiful.They will use that footage leading into the semi-final promos for sure...because fans love it. Just not the soft ones!

Doubt that apart from no teeth Souffs fans. It was a dog shot by Inglis, raised elbow too. Poor form I can't believe you are glorifying it.

Do you want all ex-footy players to have brain damage in later life? Go watch the 4 Corners episode on ex-footballers who have had bad concussions & see how poor their quality of life is now.
530092_10151135470028689_307656928_n.jpg

Great picture to back up your point haha, Inglis has made no effort to get his shoulder belows Young's shoulder

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2