Inglis hit on Young, How many weeks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle said:
WAMF said:
6 weeks.
Should have been sent off.

Mate think about this though

If a player is sent off he losses some suspension points, one a minute

Inglis not being sent off keeps all his points

That is interesting, i didt realise you get points discounted for being sent off.

The more i look at it, i think he deserves 3 weeks minimum, as he lifted and made solid contact with youngs head.

Its about time the nrl made an example of someone.

Its rigged.

dirty inglis plays the rest of the game. stops and scores great tries. yet the other team has 1 less player.

who's running the rules for this game Terry Lamb and Paul Harragon??

Not a problem with the hit.

But I am plastered at the moment so what do I know?

nothing!

not true, I know I am plastered!

tru dat

word

edit: on page 1 i have a better post.

he should be rubbed without a happy ending

Lets get a couple of things sorted so as to make this debate easier.

1) Young is NOT falling when the tackle happens
2) Inglis does NOT jump into that tackle. He only rises after impact.

Apart from that ive given up having debates around these sorts of incidents & the judicary. Especially since I think Slater & Crocker should have been (not in order) shot, castrated and burnt on a cross after their hit on Snake.

Eagles2nv said:
The Eagle said:
WAMF said:
6 weeks.
Should have been sent off.

Mate think about this though

If a player is sent off he losses some suspension points, one a minute

Inglis not being sent off keeps all his points

That is interesting, i didt realise you get points discounted for being sent off.

The more i look at it, i think he deserves 3 weeks minimum, as he lifted and made solid contact with youngs head.

Its about time the nrl made an example of someone.
YeahE2NV i'm pretty sure that's a rule,someone will know its ins and outs better, probably BE

If he doesn't i'm pulling the race card!!!

Prior made an identical hit on Thurston and got 5 weeks and a send off, so Inglis should get six (due to no discount for send off)

Inglis must have thought Young was a woman

He should get another 2 for that smug smile as Young is stretchered off

bob dylan said:
Hard to believe such a cheap shot came from a former storm player.

Yes, I was thinking once I saw the footage that he must have learnt that tactic from his training at the Storm as it reminded me straight away of the crunching sandwich tackle put on Snake by Crocker and the Grub Slater in the 2007 Grand Final that put him out of the game and started my hatred of Smith for his laughing and joking about Snake's injury after that game.

You can be sure he will get only 2 weeks, and be back in time for us. Funny how TRex got one of the worst suspensions for that hit against Cronulla. Havent seen them hand out anything near that all year.

There is nothing wrong with the hit it was a great hit just ask the same commenators from the 2007 Grand Final (Insert Sarcasm). Had to laugh at all the Storm players in this clip saying how great it is to win a comp. Ha Ha now none of them have !!!! Greg Inglis "I wouldnt have got this Clive Churchill medal if it wasnt for Bryan Waldron cooking the Books" http://youtu.be/hiSnTN_URno

Kiwi Eagle said:
So because Toovey was short, any forward in the comp should have been allowed to take his head off during his playing career ?

Weird logic
Did you ever see Tooves look the other way before Harragon was coming?
Deadset you blokes are getting soft.

What's wrong with a fullback tackling a runaway player, with no support, low? There was no need to hurt the player, just bring him to the ground.
Young had no one to pass the ball to. He did not sidestep. There were several seconds for Inglis to set himself for a copybook tackle.
If that's now regarded as a tackle then the game is in trouble. It's getting like World Series Wrestling.
This was a deliberate attack. It was so bad that it sparked a brawl.
Did that happen when T-Rex copped six weeks? No. Because his 'throw' was clumsy, bad technique, but accidental.

wombatgc said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
So because Toovey was short, any forward in the comp should have been allowed to take his head off during his playing career ?

Weird logic

I don't quite understand your logic. What's the relevance of where Dean Young was looking? Wouldn't have made an iota of difference, he still would've been hit flush in the head if he was looking straight ahead. Tooves got hit high quite a bit, under your logic it was fine because he was/is short?

wombatgc said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Weird logic

So if somebody isn't looking they are fair game ?

Danny Williams was unlucky with his king hit on Mark O'Neill then

Yeah, but Gus is trying his best to promote the AFL out West. If Inglis gets off, all the mums out there will want their little ones playing our game and getting belted in Gus's heaven?

I don't think so.

Volley said:
wombatgc said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Weird logic

I don't quite understand your logic. What's the relevance of where Dean Young was looking? Wouldn't have made an iota of difference, he still would've been hit flush in the head if he was looking straight ahead. Tooves got hit high quite a bit, under your logic it was fine because he was/is short?
I still believe (and the video backs it up),first point of contact was the chest.And this assertion that he could've made a nice soft tackle to wrap the player up...WHY?...belt him.We're not playing Union here ...he's stranded there ,his support are snails. And Inglis nails him...beautiful.They will use that footage leading into the semi-final promos for sure...because fans love it. Just not the soft ones!

wombatgc said:
I still believe (and the video backs it up),first point of contact was the chest.And this assertion that he could've made a nice soft tackle to wrap the player up...WHY?...belt him.We're not playing Union here ...he's stranded there ,his support are snails. And Inglis nails him...beautiful.They will use that footage leading into the semi-final promos for sure...because fans love it. Just not the soft ones!

Doubt that apart from no teeth Souffs fans. It was a dog shot by Inglis, raised elbow too. Poor form I can't believe you are glorifying it.

Do you want all ex-footy players to have brain damage in later life? Go watch the 4 Corners episode on ex-footballers who have had bad concussions & see how poor their quality of life is now.

In my opinion nothing wrong with a shoulder charge but....there is a very small margin for error in them, great when they come off but oh so wrong when they don't. The powers that be can send a clear message here ( but like most of us, doubt they will).
Careless & reckless due to the aforementioned small margin for error and the result thereof. Yes, accidents happen & tackles go wrong but whilst the shoulder charge has a place in the game its not technically a tackle!
Will be interesting to see the difference in gradings between the Inglis & Burns hits. I can't help but think that Burns' send off was the usual knee jerk reaction to the Kasiano & Inglis incidents.

All inglis had to do was drop his shoulder a bit and it would have been tackle of the year. But no he was reckless and careless and deserves 6 weeks.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4