In the australian today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would withdraw his offer. Take keiran to lunch on the gold coast, then down to cronulla and sign him up on the way home with a bit extra cash. Release a statement saying we tried to sign cherry but he wasnt home, we had a verbal agreement with his manager who then told us he wanted to play in the shire. Wish him luck and drop him to reggies. Then i want offer to release him if someone wanted to pay a transfer fee

When they both re-sign and we are top of the table again by mid year we will all worship them as Manly gods like we have for the last few years. This will all be forgotten in the afterglow of victories.

When they both re-sign and we are top of the table again by mid year we will all worship them as Manly gods like we have for the last few years. This will all be forgotten in the afterglow of victories.

I'm tipping we will be top of the table by round5.

Just hurry up so i know whether or not to change my avatar.

Take a leaf from their book. Shop yourself around.

Check what the other players have to offer and the benefits you could get with their mug on your avatar. Show DCE that he's not the only player out there and and if he asks why you're grabbing selfies with the likes of Killer, Matai and Ballin, tell him it's just to size up other offers.

You'd be a fool not to test the market but if you are cornered for an honest answer, remember; you're doing it for your family.

And since when have you become "Mr Positive"???

Here's the thing, everyone is carrying on as if he has no right to talk to other clubs, he has every right to do so, and he has every right to go and visit those clubs. It is the media who are taking the photos and making the stories. What is DCE meang to do, don a fake beard and moustache, dark cloak and sneak in late at night? No that's ridiculous, he should turn up in the day and have those meetings. Though in my opinion he should at least me wearing some semblance of a suit and not board shorts and a tshirt.

All this hate for him is ridiculous, once again we are giving validity to the glorified gossip columns which now somehow pass as league journalism

Here's the thing, everyone is carrying on as if he has no right to talk to other clubs, he has every right to do so, and he has every right to go and visit those clubs. It is the media who are taking the photos and making the stories. What is DCE meang to do, don a fake beard and moustache, dark cloak and sneak in late at night? No that's ridiculous, he should turn up in the day and have those meetings. Though in my opinion he should at least me wearing some semblance of a suit and not board shorts and a tshirt.

All this hate for him is ridiculous, once again we are giving validity to the glorified gossip columns which now somehow pass as league journalism
Dan he could tell his manager 2 pull his head in he is the guy tipping off the media.

Is he?
That's an assumption not a fact. Even then it is completely plausible that DCE is blindsided by the media appearance of it is his manager not really DCE's fault though is it

Is he?
That's an assumption not a fact. Even then it is completely plausible that DCE is blindsided by the media appearance of it is his manager not really DCE's fault though is it
It is an assumption because I can't work out how the sharks involving the media would help them. Either way I guess we will know by Friday

Yes @Dan he has every right to discuss his future, and with all 16 clubs if he wishes, BUT to do it so publicly ( regardless of if its him / manager / media to blame) is far from a good look.

This crap has been going on since last July, and he chooses to parade himself in front of the Titans facilities / the Sharks Leagues club / Belmore Oval NINE DAYS BEFORE KICK OFF!!

Sorry mate but don't buy your angle, this is intentional, provocative and very very stupid!!

It's the timing that bothers me Dan. I think we're all so jaded from last year's drama and have the not so distant memory of the Hasler departure ruining expectations for the 2012 season. We just want to approach a season like happy little maroon and white vegemites!

There is another article, that I cant read or post, about the NRL banking $30 million...This is more important as it may lead to an increase in 2016 Salary cap, which I believe is what they (and the club) are waiting for.

Maybe he should be wearing his manly gear as he still employed by the club and make it clear i am manly i will listen to your offer But be aware im happy at manly and hope to continue there ..
one could assume that he could be handling it better than what we've seen in the media recently .

This crap has been going on since last July, and he chooses to parade himself in front of the Titans facilities / the Sharks Leagues club / Belmore Oval NINE DAYS BEFORE KICK OFF!!

It's been going on for longer than that.

The club has been trying to get an extension sorted since about this time last year while the Gifty saga was playing out. I remember that going on for more than 2-3 months before hearing in April that he was vermin bound - but not too sure I remember him parading around Redfern or doing lunch with Rusty on the back page for weeks before he made a decision.

Like many on here this saga has lowered my opinion of Cherry - although it won't completely bottom out until he signs with the sharks so he can go on benders with Barba - but I would hate to think that everything the club has been through over the past year was all for nought!

Any player has a right to look at different options before deciding his next contract. What you want to see is discretion in relation to this. The whole Hasler thing was done openly and I wont forget the dirty dogs sniggering at us over that. I know that DCE and Foz are in demand but we fans and members are patiently waiting for them to show a sign of their intention let alone re-signing. I dont think its too much to expect some clarity. This season is about to start and we have something like this unresolved. I know this is a professional game but the senior players must really be getting pissed off with this. Also what example is it setting the younger players.

Foz and DCE have been nurtured and developed under the successful Manly culture and they are nothing without that. Time for them to come clean and decide!

I don't think anyone can claim that the media presence at Cronulla yesterday caught DCE completely unawares; it's a stitch up and to see the bloke with his wife in the car, it all wreaks of the David Beckham/Posh Spice, or even worse Michael Clarke/Lara Bingle rubbish.

I don't hate the bloke, and i'll still cheer for him when he runs onto Brookvale in a couple of weeks time, but I think he is a bit of a wanker. I've thought that for a while, given his demeanour in front of the cameras. He is the prototypical sports star in 2015; media trained clean skin with a sh*t eating grin and an ego to boot; none of which align with the Manly ethos.

Lol all this hate is so emotionally based and really completely unfair.

Be in his manly gear? Really how disrespectful would that be?
I can understand him going to the interview in his personal sponsors gear.

Seriously this is getting ridiculous and not from DCE, he is doing due diligence on his future and following up on every option no one can blame him for that and if he chooses Manly after all of that well that speaks loads to me about Manly and him.

Cut the kid some slack

This mess of an off season will not be forgotten.

Lol all this hate is so emotionally based and really completely unfair.

Be in his manly gear? Really how disrespectful would that be?
I can understand him going to the interview in his personal sponsors gear.

Seriously this is getting ridiculous and not from DCE, he is doing due diligence on his future and following up on every option no one can blame him for that and if he chooses Manly after all of that well that speaks loads to me about Manly and him.

Cut the kid some slack
You could also look at it like he is being honest, completely open and transparent! Rather than doing deals in the shadows.
Oh the conundrum...please let it all end soon.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7