In the australian today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol all this hate is so emotionally based and really completely unfair.

Be in his manly gear? Really how disrespectful would that be?
I can understand him going to the interview in his personal sponsors gear.

Seriously this is getting ridiculous and not from DCE, he is doing due diligence on his future and following up on every option no one can blame him for that and if he chooses Manly after all of that well that speaks loads to me about Manly and him.

Cut the kid some slack

The kid doesn't need to be photographed, doesn't need to be disrespectful, and doesn' t need any slack from fans when his biggest problem is tossing up between 4 offers of 1.1 - 1.3 million Australian dollars per season.

He lacks social grace and humility. I would toss him and bring Gifty back in a heartbeat.

Yes @Dan he has every right to discuss his future, and with all 16 clubs if he wishes, BUT to do it so publicly ( regardless of if its him / manager / media to blame) is far from a good look.

This crap has been going on since last July, and he chooses to parade himself in front of the Titans facilities / the Sharks Leagues club / Belmore Oval NINE DAYS BEFORE KICK OFF!!

Sorry mate but don't buy your angle, this is intentional, provocative and very very stupid!!

How exactly does he do this non publicly?

So far his "doing it publicly" is based on
1 - a news article about him flying to the GC to tour the facilities
2 - a news article and photos of him going to sharks to tour the facilities

In neither of those articles was he the journalist reporting them, nor was he organizing the articles or was he even commenting to the media.

In both cases his manager was contacted AFTER and of course gave comment.

I fail to see how the actions of other people I.e the journalists and his manager can be in anyway attributed to him as a person.

As I said how is he going to secretly sneak in to these facilities? Dead of night in disguise?

The pictures so far have him turning up and leaving, if that is the yard stick of character then mine is severely tainted because I turn up and leave places in the day time every day

As I said how is he going to secretly sneak in to these facilities? Dead of night in disguise?

The pictures so far have him turning up and leaving, if that is the yard stick of character then mine is severely tainted because I turn up and leave places in the day time every day

How ? The same way Hasler and Watmough and Hoppa and Gifty did.
Not rocket science. His Manager may be driving this; true. However, a picture tells 1000 words.

Lol all this hate is so emotionally based and really completely unfair.

Be in his manly gear? Really how disrespectful would that be?
I can understand him going to the interview in his personal sponsors gear.

Seriously this is getting ridiculous and not from DCE, he is doing due diligence on his future and following up on every option no one can blame him for that and if he chooses Manly after all of that well that speaks loads to me about Manly and him.

Cut the kid some slack

I agree with you to an extent. He can wear whatever he likes, and he is more than entitled to conduct due diligence. I also think hate is an extreme emotion that simply does not fit the crime...the only crime being the very public nature of these negotiations. You have to ask yourself, do you really believe the media just "happened" to be at Cronulla yesterday when he turned up? It's not the end of the world, but it certainly "looks" as though he wanted to be spotted yesterday.

The kid doesn't need to be photographed, doesn't need to be disrespectful, and doesn' t need any slack from fans when his biggest problem is tossing up between 4 offers of 1.1 - 1.3 million Australian dollars per season.

He lacks social grace and humility. I would toss him and bring Gifty back in a heartbeat.

Oh yes he has a complete choice in those photos doesn't he?

I mean news photographers are well known for their integrity and impeccable manners, the way they always ask for explicit permission before taking a photo and using it in an article in anyway they want. It is a gentlemans industry after all.

/sarcasm

Stop attributing other people's actions to a kid who is doing absolutely nothing wrong.
Take the emotion out of it, for the most part we are all reasoning adults, so why are we reacting emotionally and giving credence to the shame that is australian sports journalism, which has slid into nothing more than kardashian style gossip mag rubbish.

I remember reading about football in sports sections not the gossip

So far his "doing it publicly" is based on
1 - a news article about him flying to the GC to tour the facilities
2 - a news article and photos of him going to sharks to tour the facilities

In neither of those articles was he the journalist reporting them, nor was he organizing the articles or was he even commenting to the media.

In both cases his manager was contacted AFTER and of course gave comment.

I fail to see how the actions of other people I.e the journalists and his manager can be in anyway attributed to him as a person.

Ask yourself how 99% of every other negotiation takes place without such media fanfare? I take your point, and I do think we are reacting in haste, but the truth sits in the middle of your argument, and those with daggers for Daly....

He ain't the devil, but he ain't no saint.

I agree with you to an extent. He can wear whatever he likes, and he is more than entitled to conduct due diligence. I also think hate is an extreme emotion that simply does not fit the crime...the only crime being the very public nature of these negotiations. You have to ask yourself, do you really believe the media just "happened" to be at Cronulla yesterday when he turned up? It's not the end of the world, but it certainly "looks" as though he wanted to be spotted yesterday.

And you think his manager is the only one who would benefit from having the media there?

Of course not.

The Sharks would be greatly appreciative of having the media there showing a marquee signing is interested. Little insiders and leakers keen to earn a fist full of dollars for the tip off.

Again why attribute the actions of his manager to him?

Do you honestly think DCE asked his manager to do that, or do you think it more likely his manager did it and didn't tell him?

And then what do you want DCE to do, turn and run? Break his contract with Orr at this stage in negotiations?

Seriously if you have hate and I think it's all completely unfounded point it at Orr, though I don't think he is deserving of it.

Otherwise do as I do, and just ignore the rubbish and enjoy the anticipation of the news of his signing.

All will be revealed within 10 days

Ask yourself how 99% of every other negotiation takes place without such media fanfare? I take your point, and I do think we are reacting in haste, but the truth sits in the middle of your argument, and those with daggers for Daly....

He ain't the devil, but he ain't no saint.
That's an easy one, because the media knows what sells. A story about thurston moving doesn't sell, it doesn't spin. Same reason the Foz stuff has died off and the Matai stuff didn't do much.

DCE is different in many regards and his signing allows them to create a theatre.

I'm consistently surprised at how often we deride the media but then turn around and fall for it the very next second

Oh yes he has a complete choice in those photos doesn't he?

I mean news photographers are well known for their integrity and impeccable manners, the way they always ask for explicit permission before taking a photo and using it in an article in anyway they want. It is a gentlemans industry after all.

/sarcasm

Stop attributing other people's actions to a kid who is doing absolutely nothing wrong.
Take the emotion out of it, for the most part we are all reasoning adults, so why are we reacting emotionally and giving credence to the shame that is australian sports journalism, which has slid into nothing more than kardashian style gossip mag rubbish.

I remember reading about football in sports sections not the gossip

This is happening 9 days from a season.

Now I did say his manager is more than likely responsible, but nothing is stopping the "kid" of 26 from saying - hey look lets just keep this quiet until I decide.

Sarcasm aside - he is either totally oblivious to the fan base/press/media or, he simply believes in his hype, and want his face on every paper, every day.

And you think his manager is the only one who would benefit from having the media there?

Of course not.

The Sharks would be greatly appreciative of having the media there showing a marquee signing is interested. Little insiders and leakers keen to earn a fist full of dollars for the tip off.

Again why attribute the actions of his manager to him?

Do you honestly think DCE asked his manager to do that, or do you think it more likely his manager did it and didn't tell him?

And then what do you want DCE to do, turn and run? Break his contract with Orr at this stage in negotiations?

Seriously if you have hate and I think it's all completely unfounded point it at Orr, though I don't think he is deserving of it.

Otherwise do as I do, and just ignore the rubbish and enjoy the anticipation of the news of his signing.

All will be revealed within 10 days
So what you are suggesting is that the GC also tipped off the media to his visit and then Cronulla did the same thing and then someone at Canterbury let them know he was going there today..........got it.

Oh look, there goes some flying pigs by my window as I type this highly plausable explanation. @:D

It's a better article then what we have come to expect from the tele
It is a disgusting anti-Manly article saying the club is weak and the star player is jerking us around and the players don't like each other and I can't believe so many of you fall for this line.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I'll blame the media and his manager as much as the next bloke but
It is a disgusting anti-Manly article saying the club is weak and the star player is jerking us around and the players don't like each other and I can't believe so many of you fall for this line.
I don't see it as that at all I agree we look piss weak. My opinion is we should have made our best offer 2 both players and gave them 2 the end of January and if they don't accept than we should have withdrawn offers.

Last edited:
This is happening 9 days from a season.

Now I did say his manager is more than likely responsible, but nothing is stopping the "kid" of 26 from saying - hey look lets just keep this quiet until I decide.

Sarcasm aside - he is either totally oblivious to the fan base/press/media or, he simply believes in his hype, and want his face on every paper, every day.

And I'm sure his manager would have said "oh yes of course Daly" and done exactly as he said......

Again you are attributing the actions of other to Daly

My comment about wearing his manly gear was a bit tongue in cheek . i agree with your points and yes he is entitled to speak to other clubs . my angst is he has a contract from manly on table as reported . My view is that if all is well why wouldn't he have agreed already and come out and say instead of still talking to other clubs surely his manager can deal with this stuff then inform daly of there offers when there seems to be not much difference in the amounts quoted' but as we a not privy to the actual going ons it fuels the speculation and the emotion comes out

So what you are suggesting is that the GC also tipped off the media to his visit and then Cronulla did the same thing and then someone at Canterbury let them know he was going there today..........got it.

Oh look, there goes some flying pigs by my window as I type this highly plausable explanation. @:D

If any club needs positive publicity, the very first is Gold Coast.

Do you think the **** storm that has happened to them this week came as a surprise to them?

And I'm sure his manager would have said "oh yes of course Daly" and done exactly as he said......

Again you are attributing the actions of other to Daly

If I told my manager ( I don't have 1 lol) 2 do something and he did the opposite he wouldn't be my manager for much longer.

My comment about wearing his manly gear was a bit tongue in cheek . i agree with your points and yes he is entitled to speak to other clubs . my angst is he has a contract from manly on table as reported . My view is that if all is well why wouldn't he have agreed already and come out and say instead of still talking to other clubs surely his manager can deal with this stuff then inform daly of there offers when there seems to be not much difference in the amounts quoted' but as we a not privy to the actual going ons it fuels the speculation and the emotion comes out
Angst is an emotion really or an emotional response, you have to go all Spock logical and Zen on this, it makes it far easier to see through an bear.

I hate that contracts can be negotiated a year out and have players playing a whole season with one foot out the door but that's the NRL and player associations fault not Dalys

If I told my manager ( I don't have 1 lol) 2 do something and he did the opposite he wouldn't be my manager for much longer.

But the world isn't that black and white. You first have to prove he did that and that that breached his contract with his manager, which I doubt it would. I would be miffed but there isn't much I would be able to do unless I wanted to spend some time in court fightibg out the contract

I hate that contracts can be negotiated a year out and have players playing a whole season with one foot out the door but that's the NRL and player associations fault not Dalys
Yes it's a poor recipe and, like with the piddling long-serving player allowances, the NRL will soon get to fixing this, well, er.. that is, right after Manly has been sufficiently destabilised, at least.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6