In the australian today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Despite what a few on here are saying about people going " over the top" after many months of me saying " it's just journo crap" and " the managers are driving this" during the last 10 days Cherry Evans has lost me.

I understand it's professional sport

I understand he's doing it for his family

I understand it's " the modern way"

But what I don't get is why the need to do it in public!

To me as a currently contracted Sea Eagle he's disrespecting the brand, and certainly us as fans by this so obvious display ( probably aimed at the club).

As opposed to Fozzie who's being courted by just as many ( if not more) clubs but do you see him soaking up the media spotlight......that's right no!!

And I cant begin to imagine what the other players must think of this, believe me if there wasn't a division there prior to this I bet there's one now, and how will this transpose across to the playing field in 2015, who knows.

But most of all this happening 9 days out from season kick off , unforgivable!

@Mark from Brisbane read above lol

Yeah I'm past all this blame the manager crap if i was in DCE's position ( I wish) I would say 2 the manager I'm not doing this because it is trashing my brand. Get best offer from clubs and I'll make up my mind but I'm not playing it in the media. His manager works for him not the other way around. I'm also disappointed by the lack of response from our club who don't seem concerned with the way the rest of the playing group may be taking this.

Yeah I'm past all this blame the manager crap if i was in DCE's position ( I wish) I would say 2 the manager I'm not doing this because it is trashing my brand. Get best offer from clubs and I'll make up my mind but I'm not playing it in the media. His manager works for him not the other way around. I'm also disappointed by the lack of response from our club who don't seem concerned with the way the rest of the playing group may be taking this.
they could be talking behind closed doors. Joe Kelly doesn't seem like an in the papers kind of guy. Neither is toovs

You know what i actually kinda agree with what is written in the article... i am so sick of hearing about Cherry going around from club to club. Its getting to the point where i think if he does resign with us its not going to be for the right reasons.

I also dont agree with the 'he has to look after his family' card because no matter where he ends up he will be on a multi million dollar deal so money isnt the issue.
If your talking footy and development, he has featured in 2 of the last 4 GFs since his debut in 2011 and already won a premiership. In that time he has also won a clive churchill medal(in a loosing GF team), featured for his state and country and came close to winning the Dally M medal. He plays along side a very good 5/8 who compliments his game perfectly and is part of a halves combination that most expects and fans will say is the best in the NRL, and ontop of that he has the best halfback to ever have played the game (an immortal) in Joey coaching him.

And all of that playing for the Manly Sea Eagles.

Can anyone tell me why you would go anywhere else?????

Can't find it right now. But article recently where Gav was trying to say Cherry wanted to sign before Xmas but the new owners changed the terms. Joe Kelly just made Gave look like the goose he is. Saying in all the negotiations had between the parties there has never been any talk of a previous deal.

This whole situation with cronulla smells of Orr. He has probably told him to go to cronulla, prob told the DT to be there to take photos.

Daly is well within in his rights to visit Cronulla to determine if there an option, mabye he just wanted to see how far it is to drive down that way every morning. :)

I hope its true that he will make a decision this week, its getting to the point were we are over it. It seems Foz is dealing with this better. I wonder if the reason Foz is handling this differently is cause he has his old man helping him out with the whole situation, I imagine he is a very helpful person to have in ones life in a situation like this.

There is nothing wrong with his motivation (looking for the best deal for his family etc) it is the execution which is lacking

As an aside if he does leave which ever club he goes to will have to know that this sort of thing will follow him at the end of his contract

I don't get why his wife/girlfriend is going 2 these meetings.
I get it. It is a decision that is going to affect his whole family after all.
I would certainly be consulting my wife in the same situation.

I get it. It is a decision that is going to affect his whole family after all.
I would certainly be consulting my wife in the same situation.
So would anybody but a big difference in consulting and her inspecting the football department

Despite what a few on here are saying about people going " over the top" after many months of me saying " it's just journo crap" and " the managers are driving this" during the last 10 days Cherry Evans has lost me.

To me as a currently contracted Sea Eagle he's disrespecting the brand, and certainly us as fans by this so obvious display ( probably aimed at the club).

As opposed to Fozzie who's being courted by just as many ( if not more) clubs but do you see him soaking up the media spotlight......that's right no!!

And I cant begin to imagine what the other players must think of this, believe me if there wasn't a division there prior to this I bet there's one now, and how will this transpose across to the playing field in 2015, who knows.

Mark, Do you think Foz has already made his mind up and that's why he's not parading around. Plenty of talk about him going to the Eels being a done deal. Maybe he is playing this smart and letting DCE cop all the crap while he sits back and waits to announce his defection

I believe this would be a Career killing move for DCE (or anyone)
He'd be the Sharks Pall Bearer & carry them the way JT carries the Cow people.

If some of our players have become angry at DCE and his antics then I believe we should cut him loose or we will struggle to keep the disgruntled players in the future, not only than but will they be able to perform on the field with him?

Mark, Do you think Foz has already made his mind up and that's why he's not parading around. Plenty of talk about him going to the Eels being a done deal. Maybe he is playing this smart and letting DCE cop all the crap while he sits back and waits to announce his defection

I'd be surprised if he's signed elsewhere , I think they are playing " cat & mouse" with each other , knowing full well that the first one that jumps out will mean the one left has all the cards in the deck.

I believe this would be a Career killing move for DCE (or anyone)
He'd be the Sharks Pall Bearer & carry them the way JT carries the Cow people.
the best call I've ever heard about a losing team reminds me of the sharks. It was about the Cleveland browns in the NFL who have always sucked. Anyway a lifelong fan who had been a seasons ticket holder for decades put in his will that he wanted Browns players to be the pallbearers at his funeral because he "wanted to be let down by the Browns one last time".

Good sense of humour. Reminds me of the sharks right now but prob more so in ten years when they've still won nothing. @sharky

This is spot on I think.... The rest of the team must be think what the fu$k is this little media whore up to today....shouldn't he be training..... Total disrespect for club , team and fans..... I also am one that now couldn't care less if he leaves!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6