If you had David Gallop's power??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher

What would be the one rule you would change if you could??

I think they should lower the interchange to 8 a game.

Bring back the raking rule and make them play the ball properly. Get to your feet pick the ball up off the ground and play it with your foot. That would solve a lot of the bull**** that happens in the play the ball/ruck area.

I would like to see scrums contested again so that it wasn't just five and then kick!!
I think scrums are the biggest problem as well.

I think that when there is a scrum from a touch finding kick (other than a 40/20) that the feed should be decided randomly, say by a button being pushed in the video refs box.

This would encourage opposition wingers and fullbacks to keep the ball in play as there would be a 50% chance that the oposition would get the feed if they just let the ball trickle into touch.

I am happy with scrums. They do exactly what they are supposed to do. If I kick a 40/20, then why should the other side get a chance at getting the ball back, let me play it into the second-rowers legs, cos the teams deserves to get the ball.

What annoys me is when there is 10 to go, and a team that is losing gets the scrum, they pack it with anyone and they clock stops, then they re-pack it with the forwards. If the fullback goes into the lock position to get the clock stopped, then he should stay there.

I am happy with scrums. They do exactly what they are supposed to do. If I kick a 40/20, then why should the other side get a chance at getting the ball back
I did say other than due to a 40/20 CIG

Even if you find touch normally.

If a team knocks on, why should they get a 50/50 chance to get the ball back?

Kick out every team other than Manly Parramatta & Newcastle to fight over the title in a three way shootout.

Then, with much media fanfare, announce a massive expansion of the game by reintroducing Norths into the comp, so we have three Manly enemies vying for the premiership against us.

get rid of the bloody corner post, or at least make it so that the player is not in touch when going for a try and his shoulder or arm comes in contact with the post in mid air!!! :evil:

Even if you find touch normally.

If a team knocks on, why should they get a 50/50 chance to get the ball back?
I didn't say from knock ons either only from touch finding kicks other than 40/20's

The whole point would be to encourage players to keep the ball in play and provide some unpredictability.

Bring back the raking rule and make them play the ball properly. Get to your feet pick the ball up off the ground and play it with your foot. That would solve a lot of the bull**** that happens in the play the ball/ruck area.

Agree whole heartedly. The play the balls are the biggest blight on the game and always lead to contentious penalties. As you say make the player get to his two feet before the ball is put on the ground to be played. This putting it on the ground as they get up and half falling over it as a play the ball is bull****. Also they need to stop players moving off the mark when they play the ball, how many times do you see players get tackled and as they get up push forward another metre or two into the markers. It used to be a penalty to touch the marker during the play the ball, another rule they conveniently forget to police. If they cleaned up the play the ball and put more onus on the attacking team to play the ball properly and not move off the mark or interfere with the markers it'd be better for the game overall.

The other rule that royally pisses me off is the double movement rule. Just get rid of it. If you can get the ball down over the line anyway you can than it's a try presuming the ref hasn't called tackle or held. It's ridiculous that you can wrestle and dive forward in the tackle anywhere else on the field regardless of whether the arm carrying the ball has contacted the ground. Even if you get over the tryline you can do everything inyour power to ground it. However get tackled in that magical zone 1 foot short of the tryline and you must freeze every muscle in your body for fear of double movement. It's a pathetic rule and too subjective anyway, just treat the tryline like everywhere else on the field.

Just one rule isn't enough.

I want to see contested scrums, raking, 5 & 10 sin bins & take obstruction completely back to the old shpherd rule.
Oh & I agree with the corner post, reduced interchange & double movement bits too.

I don't ask much.

ANy one would think the game was screwed??

it aint perfect but surely it is pretty good the way it is

Kick out every team other than Manly Parramatta & Newcastle to fight over the title in a three way shootout.

Then, with much media fanfare, announce a massive expansion of the game by reintroducing Norths into the comp, so we have three Manly enemies vying for the premiership against us.

Forgot............each & every game of the year will be played at Brookvale oval and on a Sunday arvo.

ANy one would think the game was screwed??

it aint perfect but surely it is pretty good the way it is

It's been screwed with too much.

Conservatism is rewarded far too much & innovation is discouraged.
The game has become faster & the legal hits are bigger but alot of the little interesting bits have been removed.
Monas does a chip & chase & he's a hero. 20 years ago it would've been expected of a halfback against what should be a tiring defence.

Kick the roosters out.
Or atleast move then to................... hobart will do

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4