If we get the Spoon...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The worst part about getting the spoon would be the inevitable gloating from every other club's supporters. And their friends in the media. I don't think I could stand that...

Spoon or not, the gloating and ridicule is in full flight. The comments I heard at the pub last night were something that I thought I would never hear. I normally have some acidic smart arse retorts, but last night I just hung my head in shame.

We have Jake and Thommo doing that ( apparently Thommo was calling them “ princess’s” after a try), I think the biggest issue ( on field ) is other than maybe 5-6 players the rest wouldn’t make it into first grade anywhere else.

That to me is more telling than anything else.
Usually with u Mark - but if you have Thompson as gutsy as he, is up with BK , Watmough I’m on a different page....
Ugly as in compete every play - Tooves was a HB and had this quality- I see zero in this current team with this attribute

We have Jake and Thommo doing that ( apparently Thommo was calling them “ princess’s” after a try), I think the biggest issue ( on field ) is other than maybe 5-6 players the rest wouldn’t make it into first grade anywhere else.

That to me is more telling than anything else.

That’s spot on Mark the underlying issue is the only first graders are Jake, Tom, walker, DCE, thomo & afb. The remainder are journeyman and youngsters that may or may not make it. Most teams have a couple of these type of players we have about 10.

That’s spot on Mark the underlying issue is the only first graders are Jake, Tom, walker, DCE, thomo & afb. The remainder are journeyman and youngsters that may or may not make it. Most teams have a couple of these type of players we have about 10.
And who was the one who had a say in the roster making
The great one Bozo
Seriously has set us back many many years

Sad but true

Maxta, I think we have a good squad, not great, but good enough to mould into a premiership threat with the addition of a Jamie Lyon or Ben Kennedy
It’s proven....
That second rate Titans side we made look like a Champion side were pumped by 4 tries first half and could easily have been another 2-3 tries to Manly ....
Not a mathematician but that’s close to a 40 point 1st half....
Tackling at this level is 90% attitude and 10% structures do I can work out the problem

Usually with u Mark - but if you have Thompson as gutsy as he, is up with BK , Watmough I’m on a different page....
Ugly as in compete every play - Tooves was a HB and had this quality- I see zero in this current team with this attribute
No one can compare to them, and in fact not sure any current players can??

So we are together on that one!!

We need an Ugly leader....BK , Spud, Watmough type....unlike many I’m a fan of DCE, but can almost guarantee- if Toovey who is not as quick and skilful as DCE led us when foot was on the Titans throat- we win - Convincingly
Absolutely!

No one can compare to them, and in fact not sure any current players can??

So we are together on that one!!
In our world at Manly ....NO !!!
At Storm - Smith we hate but never allows this crap
Sam Burgess - we have him last night win by 30...
Even Gallen, Lewis , Graham at Sharks
Jake is IMO...better than the lot....but leads by actions....the players expect it from him- need that hard ass to rev them up and demand more when the game is on the line

Your right but , but look at Melbourne with the teams they have had to what they have now , no comparison really . They probably have or had the last couple of years quite a few players that would struggle to make it in say a roosters side when they kicked off , but the difference is they were coached by a coach that can turn average players into great players and thats we're our problem lies . Maybe Trent is a nice bloke that gets on well with the players, but he can't get the best out of them.

Coulda, woulda, shouda,As a pessimistic prick (with the emphasis on prick) the sooner next year starts....

It’s the coaches job to make them 1st graders. That’s what Hasler did when he picked up journeymen & younsters.

We won’t win another game this season. What I can see happening though is the Cows beat the Eels next weekend in North Queensland & then the Roosters hammer them in the final round. Spoon once again heads out to Parramatta.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8