If we get the Spoon...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
I'm not sure how to deal with this. Next year is my 50th year as a supporter of this great club. To see our demise on an off the field is absolutely gut wrenching personally, as it would be for many of you.

Do you remember the days when, it didn't matter how far we were behind in a game, we never gave up, and we were always a good chance of getting up for the win. What has happened to our spirit? We are broken...

And if we get the spoon, our first ever, that will be the saddest day for me, and will punch a massive hole in my belief for this club. I never though I would live to see the demise of what was once, the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

I don't give a hoot about the spoon.

Coming last or 4th last makes absolutely no difference to me. In my mind we already have come last by our standards. Not making the 8 is an complete fail.

Shame if the whole thing is our performance on the field is the strongest part of our organisation. Ownership, management and facilities are already wooden spoon areas.

We thoroughly deserve the spoon, we are by far the worst team and the worst club in the NRL.

Embrace it; we are spoon worthy.

Spot on mate, i don't want it and would be the biggest kick in the guts but who could possibly say that after last night's capitulation we are the worst team in the comp and don't deserve it? Laughing stock on and off the field.

Only thing that upsets me more than that is that Jake and Tom will be part of it which is just sad

The worst part about getting the spoon would be the inevitable gloating from every other club's supporters. And their friends in the media. I don't think I could stand that...

Next year is my 50th year as a supporter of this great club
Actually, if you started supporting Manly in 1969 THIS is your 50th year...think about it.

I never though I would live to see the demise of what was once, the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

Really? What were you doing back in 2000 - 2001, then? @:D

Last edited:
I don't give a hoot about the spoon.

Coming last or 4th last makes absolutely no difference to me. In my mind we already have come last by our standards. Not making the 8 is an complete fail.

Shame if the whole thing is our performance on the field is the strongest part of our organisation. Ownership, management and facilities are already wooden spoon areas.

in this case I care about it Bob ... or at least our 70 year record for never getting one

Last edited:
If the Sharks beat Cows tonight it will be unlikely for us to finish last. Cows play Parra next week. It would come down to f/a last round possibly.

I would hate the spoon - though on efforts in 2018 - deserve to be up for that envial award

Yep. And the Titans put on 34 points in 25 minutes last night against this team of no hopers.

If Wests or the Broncos get hold of Manly it could be back to back 50+ points massacres.

But funnily enough we have had some success in away games this year.

It will depend on the mindset of the players and nothing else in the next two weeks’

Near where i work there is a House shop , you know the one that sells all those housy woman things . Well every time i walk past, right out the front of the shop is a big fat WOODEN SPOON and i fell like throwing up all over bastard.

Plenty of people saying the club has lost leadership.Any coincidence that it started going downhill when Buhrer was shown the door?He did become injury prone but ask Newcastle what they think of him around the club and it’ll be what’s missing at Manly

Plenty of people saying the club has lost leadership.Any coincidence that it started going downhill when Buhrer was shown the door?He did become injury prone but ask Newcastle what they think of him around the club and it’ll be what’s missing at Manly
We need an Ugly leader....BK , Spud, Watmough type....unlike many I’m a fan of DCE, but can almost guarantee- if Toovey who is not as quick and skilful as DCE led us when foot was on the Titans throat- we win - Convincingly

We need an Ugly leader....BK , Spud, Watmough type....unlike many I’m a fan of DCE, but can almost guarantee- if Toovey who is not as quick and skilful as DCE led us when foot was on the Titans throat- we win - Convincingly

We have Jake and Thommo doing that ( apparently Thommo was calling them “ princess’s” after a try), I think the biggest issue ( on field ) is other than maybe 5-6 players the rest wouldn’t make it into first grade anywhere else.

That to me is more telling than anything else.

giphy.gif

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8