If there were no salary cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm happy with our current starting side. I'd just beef up the front row a bit. Blokes like Tariq simms, Gallen or Matt Scott. The side would look good with king and Kite on the bench. Wouldn't mind Wangman and Hoppa back on the wings too.

DUFFMAN said:
We would have a crap team.
Storm, Roosters, Eels and Dogs would have the best of the best signed up.
We don't have the funds to match teams like that.
20 years ago we would sign anyone we wanted with the funds we had.

Exactly .... :) well said DUFF

Yeah but the point of the thread was to see who you would have at manly if the salary cap wasn't an issue. Not if we would have a crap team because the rich clubs would have all the talent.

The salary cap is far from perfect and needs to reward loyalty, but without one we'd have the same problem as they have in British soccer when only two or three teams have a legitimate chance of winning the comp.
It must be deflating supporting the ' poorer' British soccer clubs when their aim is simply to avoid relegation.

Yeah no need massive changes to our team. just add Gallen, Matt Scott and a good finishing left winger.

who was that Leeds centre zorba was raving about? He'll do.

The Eagle said:
Im against a points system

I believe in a loyalty system where when players play for the same club for 7 years they are excluded from the salary cap altogether

How would that work?

Hi Kieran we really want to keep you at Manly, so what we will do is sign you at 50k a season for the next 4 years but the 5th year of your deal will be worth 10 million?

The current salary cap is a half-pregnant solution.

The grant should match the cap which makes all players employees of the NRL and leased free of charge to all clubs.

Each club should get first pick each year to retain all top 13 players and systems are put in place to make it possible to retain the top 13.

I'd like to see a side try to beat this:

1. Billy Slater
2. Akuila Uate
3. Michael Jennings
4. Greg Inglis
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Benji Marshall
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Matt Scott
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. James Tamou
11. Sam Burgess
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Paul Gallen

Reserves
14. Ben Barba
15. Dave Taylor
16. Sam Kasiano
17. Aaron Woods

Coach
Des Hasler ( I know a lot of you hate him but the guy is a great coach)

First Grade Squad

1. Slater
2. Uate
3. Lyon
4. Hurrell
5. Charnley
6. Foran
7. Cronk
8. Tolman
9. Smith
10. Graham
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. G.Stewart

14. Lewis
15. Tamou
16. Merrin
17. S.Burgess

Reggies

1. B.Stewart
2. Tupou
3. Hardraker
4. Matai
5. Robertson
6. Marshall
7. Johnson
8. Scott
9. Ballin
10. Grant
11. Myles
12. Harrison
13. Sinfeld

14. S.Tomkins
15. Lima
16. McGuire
17. Bird

Just to be different I provided a reserve grade team and didn't limit myself to just the NRL.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4