If Burbo had a different last name he wouldn’t even make reserve grade.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagle 1

First Grader
The question is would we be happy paying 1mil a season for Samuela and Latu on a 4 year deal (unsure of any ratchet clauses and performance clauses.

Its a punt that may pay off for the Tigers, still very much in the balance though.
Good point, think it was a case of brotherly love as well, he wanted to set up Latu as well and he could only do this by going to the Tigers. Sure, we could of forced him to stay on this season, but he was set on going to Wests with Latu for 24, so what's the point having a disgruntled player in the playing squad.

Peter C

Bencher
^Fulton Family Enterprises;

The Brenn Stewart X-connection;

The Fainu Felons; and

The Really Nice Family.

The concern now is that the One Man Band, DCE, will be allowed to play on forever at Manly, boosting his super and potentially cruelling our halfback succession plans over the next five years.

Reminiscent (perhaps) of how the club didn’t handle (for the better) the Cliff Lyons’ succession plan 25 years ago.
Didn't we buy Craig Field to take over from Cliffy?, that turned out well, NOT

manly al

First Grader
Didn't we buy Craig Field to take over from Cliffy?, that turned out well, NOT
Could never understand that recruitment , especially as Tooves was still going really well and as a premiership 7 for the previous season [ 96 ]
Field actually started the next season as the 7 [ and from memory most of that season ] and then in 98 [ playing a good part of the season as the 6 and not all that well overall
Then by the start of 99 really on the outer and leaving not too far into it
Again , very questionable acquisition with Cliffy still on the scene in 97 and 98

manly al

First Grader
Good point, think it was a case of brotherly love as well, he wanted to set up Latu as well and he could only do this by going to the Tigers. Sure, we could of forced him to stay on this season, but he was set on going to Wests with Latu for 24, so what's the point having a disgruntled player in the playing squad.
Certainly could not warrant giving Latu 500 k and especially with the Brooks preference and even a bit of understandable hesitation allowing 500 k for Sam , despite his undoubted potential .
Have to or could only assume some brotherly inclination to play as a package and one mil for both for apparently 4 years , just was not going to happen at Manly

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
Burbo doesn't generate much in attack, his weapon is running the holes.

Centres need to be able to beat their man.

Prefer someone who can also concoct something in attack

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18