Pre-Game Discussion - Cowboys V Manly [Round 18, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
This about bang on IMO.

Though I can see the arguement for Bully off the bench where he has such great impact.

That said I'd be rotating Aloiai and Toff and then rotating Brown and Bully so we always have 1 more mobile prop on the field
Good idea rather than running 2 slow mids at same time. Brown is best coming off the bench so I think @Ryan is spot on start Aloiai and Bullemore. Of course we all know it won't happen. Makes too much sense for spoony.

Phobia

Reserve Grader
Turbo will be named at centre. Who drops out ? I hope it's Garrick or Saab and not Taulau. I'd prefer to see Taulau and Turbo as our centres.
I actually have a feeling it might be Koula. Outside of when he played fullback he hasn't really done much this year, compared to Talau in his limited opportunities. Ideally I'd want to see:

1. Hoppa
2. Saab
3. Talau (left centre)
4. Turbo (right centre, like origin)
5. Garrick
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Simpkin
10. Sipley
11. Haumole
12. Burbo
13. Jake
14. Lawton
15. Bullemor
16. Brown
17. Navale

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I actually have a feeling it might be Koula. Outside of when he played fullback he hasn't really done much this year, compared to Talau in his limited opportunities. Ideally I'd want to see:

1. Hoppa
2. Saab
3. Talau (left centre)
4. Turbo (right centre, like origin)
5. Garrick
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Simpkin
10. Sipley
11. Haumole
12. Burbo
13. Jake
14. Lawton
15. Bullemor
16. Brown
17. Navale
This is the exact 17 I want to see but I'm quite worried that Siebold is going to leave Garrick in the centres and drop Hopoate for Koula

The Who

Journey Man
This is the exact 17 I want to see but I'm quite worried that Siebold is going to leave Garrick in the centres and drop Hopoate for Koula
There is a way to keep TT, TTII, Koala, Saab and Sandwich in the backline . . .
drop Brooks!
Keep TTII at 5/8 instead.
Apart from some early promise I think Brooks has failed to deliver on the pre-season hype.
Not that I think he'll be replaced anytime soon.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The only advantage we have is we'll be well-rested, whereas they'll have a 6 day turnaround.

Even so I think our named team will be very crucial. TLT can't come quick enough.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
There is a way to keep TT, TTII, Koala, Saab and Sandwich in the backline . . .
drop Brooks!
Keep TTII at 5/8 instead.
Apart from some early promise I think Brooks has failed to deliver on the pre-season hype.
Not that I think he'll be replaced anytime soon.
It's an interesting proposition, but I think Brooks adds enough to justify keeping his spot, even if he is a bit down on his early season form.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18