If Burbo had a different last name he wouldn’t even make reserve grade.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Ben would have been seen as cover for sure in the off season, the Schuster debacle did some damage to the squad.

For me where Ben is at he should play centre until he develops his game more with experience.

The disappointing part of when Schuster got sacked was Mestrov stated they were chasing a backrower and have not come up with one as yet, the club acted on cutting Schuster for good reason though have not had anything in place to stabilise the squad is disappointing.
I can not remember a time when our second row stocks were so low - any kids coming through @Smokin Joe ?

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
To be fair I do not think the club thought he was going to be a regular first grader this year until the who shoe situation happened. He is showing he is still a work in progress

If you drop him who do we put in his place? We are beyond light on for second rowers

You’ve nailed it. Would have been handy off the bench this season no way he is a starter at this stage of his development.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Perhaps, if the kid had a different surname, he may not have been cursed by the Turbo no show versus the Jurbo too slow.

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
Yep Groundhog day is here again. Just remember 12th is not as bad as 14th. But if it becomes 14th, just remember that 14th is not as bad as 16th

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
If he isn't breaking the bank and is just a bit down on form then I don't think it's a big deal if he drops out of the top 17 or back to reserve grade for a while... He's only 22 years old and most forwards don't really start to peak until much later.

Ryan

Journey Man
Yep Groundhog day is here again. Just remember 12th is not as bad as 14th. But if it becomes 14th, just remember that 14th is not as bad as 16th

You've been reading Silvertails, haven't you ! Hahaha
The way we can polish a turd, particularly after a loss, is almost artistic !

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I personally think he's found a home in the back row and while there are definitely better out there, right now he's preferable to the alternatives in Waddell, Lawton, Bullemor, Parker etc.

Look, he's never going to oust Igor or Beaver from a Manly best ever team, but he has earned his spot in our current one.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I personally think he's found a home in the back row and while there are definitely better out there, right now he's preferable to the alternatives in Waddell, Lawton, Bullemor, Parker etc.

Look, he's never going to oust Igor or Beaver from a Manly best ever team, but he has earned his spot in our current one.
I guess the issue is we are saying that he is better than the alternatives but that does not make him the finished product.

MW66

Reserve Grader
Title of thread is ridiculous. He is a fringe/bench first grader at worst. Has had some really good games this year. Be interesting where he sits after 50 FG games. As some have said, Burbo is the least of our issues.

Penrith game simply a reminder of our poor outside defence. Fix that and we would have won another 3/4 games. Have been in most games well into the second half.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I guess the issue is we are saying that he is better than the alternatives but that does not make him the finished product.

Half of his problem is that he is too much like Turbo in that just about every time he starts to hit his straps, he gets injured.

You know, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him at lock ... but it won't happen.

Pete W

Bencher
Title of thread is ridiculous. He is a fringe/bench first grader at worst. Has had some really good games this year. Be interesting where he sits after 50 FG games. As some have said, Burbo is the least of our issues.

Penrith game simply a reminder of our poor outside defence. Fix that and we would have won another 3/4 games. Have been in most games well into the second half.
Nailed it

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Half of his problem is that he is too much like Turbo in that just about every time he starts to hit his straps, he gets injured.

You know, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him at lock ... but it won't happen.
I think he lacks the ball playing / defensive skills at the moment.

I did learn from Glenn Stewart amongst others that there are very few Pain Haas out there who dominate from an early age when it comes to the forwards

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
I really wish he was Liam Martin.

He could still be in a few years.

Should be coming from the bench but our roster necessitates otherwise.

Happy to be proved completely wrong, but I can't see Blurto getting within cooee of Martin

Rocky

Bencher
Burbo actually deserves more patience because of his last name.

If he was a thoroughbred, he would be a million-dollar yearling as he is a "blue blood".

I understand some of the criticism, but as others say at worst, he is a fringe first grader.

He deserves to be persevered with because there is still upside there given his age.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
As others have stated, I think he cops undue heat due to his surname.

I find it iteresting to see how highly, say Samuela Fainu is rated by near all but at least half the forum hammer Burbo.

*for clarity I think Samuela is an exceptional talent.

Tries
Burbo - 3
Samuela - 2

Try Assists
Burbo - 2
Samuela - 0

Avg Run metres
Samuela - 76
Burbo - 72

Line breaks
Burbo - 3
Samuela - 3

Line break assists
Burbo - 3
Samuela -1

Tackle busts
Burbo - 22
Samuela -15

Offloads
Samuela - 4
Burbo - 2

Missed tackles
Samuela - 26
Burbo - 35

Errors
Samuela -3
Burbo - 5

Now the above is not to say that one or the other is better and yes stats yada yada yada.

But statistically they are having similar seasons yet some gush over Fainu and have have disdain for Burbo.....it's interesting.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16