If Blake Green had stayed.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We woulda been top 8 for sure.. 100% certain.
The journeyman 6 woulda made all the tackles that lane,parker,kelly, uate,perrett winterstein an co Missed, he woulda caught all the balls tafua, uate,parker and Tom turbo dropped...

He woulda coached the team with a solid game plan and actual structure instead of useless Barrett...

Woulda been the beacon of moral virtue to keep the boys outta that titty bar, allowing hastings to become an immortal based on his manly performances, he woulda cloned himself when Api did his knee and be the superstar hooker we needed as opposed to what we ended up with.

Yup, the journyman 6 with his 8 clubs in 9 seasons, woulda secured us a successful season, no doubt in my mind..
Well explained....

Woulda should coulda but didn’t-a

We need to move on. Barrett is gone.

NYEagle

Geez Blake has grown in stature since he left.

So true, but many were happy to see him go because he wasn't Foran and Cliffy combined.

The club spun it that we had a young rookie coming through, who was 'training down the house'.

Well, the house burnt down.

No difference i reckon. This whole Team lacks leaders and this year they were found out for it the moment adversity raised its head

with or without green, lussick and hastings had to be part of our campaign. What went down with lussick seems strange. Afb and lane supporting hastings. Marty offside with cherry allegedly.. None of this is owned by anyone in the club but the playing group

Injuries hurt early but this team has no one to blame but themselves. We got what we deserved.

Our defence was the problem. We conceded 112 points in the last three matches.
Rather than having Green I would have opted for a sports psychologist because most of our players are soft mentally.
On 4-5 occasions during the season they showed true grit and tackled stoutly. But at other times they were only interested if we had possession.
I do think we have too many 'big bodies' with limited stamina. These guys look impressive when they have the ball, but give up too easily when defending. They have become used to playing in 10-minute bursts and the sooner the NRL reduce the number of interchanges the better because RL is supposed to be a test of fitness.
Give me a smaller, non-stop worker any day over a man mountain. They will wear them down over 80 minutes.

Massive difference I reckon. I definitely underestimated how much we needed this guy, and now with hindsight we should've just upgraded his contract to whatever the warriors gave him.

We lost allot of close games, especially at the start of the season, with Green there I reckon we pickup 3 or 4 more wins at least. We'd be scraping the 8 plus those were early wins which builds morale and momentum, but I guess we'll never really know will we.

We win a couple more games. Little difference, systemic problems at Man. One man probably can fix them, but it's not a player.

Points weren't a problem for us this season. Defence lost us games and Green was never renowned for his defence.

As others said a few mental lapses where teams piled on 3 tries in 3 sets cost us a lot of games.

The team would have been better if Green stayed
The team though had plenty of defensive problems with Green
Anyways like some of said would of could of
And if’s and but’s
Like they say if my Aunty had a moustache she would be my uncle

Just announced his retirement effective immediately. He played for 7 clubs and I can’t remember him winning anything.

I’ll remember him as a mercenary who justified the term “due diligence”
Played for 9 clubs, won Superleague grand final with Wigan in 2013, was in the Storm team that lost the 2016 grand final to the Sharks.

He was good with Manly, the only 5/8 of worth until Foran came back and then Schuster came through. But he was always a stop gap measure. We just didnt have anyone else and Barrett wasnt prepared to persist with Tom Wright, though I suspect Tom should have started on the wing

Played for 9 clubs, won Superleague grand final with Wigan in 2013, was in the Storm team that lost the 2016 grand final to the Sharks.
Thanks @madmax i was only counting the NRL teams. What’s a super league title worth, quarter of an NRL? Great to see some cheaters get beaten by different types of cheats.

How he shafted both the Dogs and subsequently the Knights made me laugh.

Poor mans James Maloney, at least he won real stuff.

If Blake Green had stayed ........... **** that. @:mad: He deserves Newcastle and Newcastle deserves him. Not a fan of how he left us.

wwos...

"I can still see everything clearly on the field and know where I need to be, but unfortunately my body stopped getting there," Green said.

"I'm always honest with myself, my teammates and our staff. It hurt, but once I knew retirement was the right call I owed it to everyone to do it as quickly as possible for the betterment of our football club."

Green voiced his gratitude to those who helped build his incredible playing career.

wwos...

"I can still see everything clearly on the field and know where I need to be, but unfortunately my body stopped getting there," Green said.

"I'm always honest with myself, my teammates and our staff. It hurt, but once I knew retirement was the right call I owed it to everyone to do it as quickly as possible for the betterment of our football club."

Green voiced his gratitude to those who helped build his incredible playing career.
English club signing immanent.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4