I love ya Des, but!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Garrick needs to go.
Harper needs to play fullback.
Dylan is a centre.
Parker is third choice back up.
Schuster needs to come onto the bench.
I agree with that but would add.

Sirro has to go. Suli and sabb didn't see any normal play ball tonight. The guy just won't pass.

Croker just isn't up to hoover. No zip no runs no nothing.

10 losses, in our last 11 games. Here is how may points have been scored against us in that time:

11. 46 - 4 (loss) - Roosters
10. 52 - 18 (loss) - Tigers
9. 40 - 28 (loss) - Warriors
8. 42 - 24 (loss) - Titans
7. 30 - 22 (win) - Bulldogs
6. 34 - 32 (loss) - Tigers
5. 30 - 6 (loss) - Storm
4. 56 - 16 (loss) - Rabbits
3. 26 - 24 (loss) - Knights
2. 26 - 22 (loss) - Warriors
1. 42 - 12 (loss) - Panthers

That's an average of 38.54 points against per game in that span. I got it wrong guys. Here are the stats, and this is quoted:

"In the black and whites last season as a stand-alone club, they leaked an incredible 944 points in 24 matches at an average of 39.33 per game, the most in league history.

For context, the second worst defensive team of all time were the 1982 Raiders, who conceded 862 points, being an average of 35.91 per game"

Therefore, thankfully, we are the second worst defensive team in the history of the game by 0.79 points per game. Sorry guys, I got the numbers wrong.

I wouldn’t go that far Frankie boy. At least not yet. BUT
Come on @Kevinward777 , mate I was with you last year in defence of Des. But he has clearly lost it. Does that mean that he’s as sh!t as Barrett? God no. Des has bleed for the club. Won premierships as player and coach. And demands respect, but that doesn’t protect him from criticism when we play this bad.

no player, no coach is bigger than the club. It’s our 75th year we simply cannot get the spoon this year, and thats where we are headed..

Our recruits all performed well, Foran, Saab and Davey I am all very proud of and impressed.

Croker wasn’t too bad, but we’ll still have to hope Fainu is released mid way through the season because depth is limited and we need spark.

But Des is way too stubborn/conservative with that left edge, Jake and Siro

The following players are stale: Jake, Sironen, Parker, Garrick and after tonight you could argue dce who seems to get worse year after year

Today was terrible, but we were good for about 25 minutes of it, and that, if we combine it with a lot ot key team changes (especially regarding that left edge which conceded a stupid amount of points) could see us improve week upon week. Won’t get easier next week and there needs to be some dropped and Schuster selected as Funa wasn’t used really today.

Our response to today’s performance will either make or break our season
Mate it isn’t the recruits we got - they are fine. But there are two positions we needed to recruit for: hooker and fullback (depth). Des did nothing here - that is the issue with recruiting. They should have been priorities. Tom’s injury issues and our record without him is known by everyone but Des it seems. We also knew Fainu won’t play most (or any) of this year. His solution is to play a reserve grade half back.

Last edited:
Garrick needs to go.
Harper needs to play fullback.
Dylan is a centre.
Parker is third choice back up.
Schuster needs to come onto the bench.

I guess I agreed with this when I was saying it early last year only to be lambasted by you and others for being to negative.

And again as I was saying last season, there is serious issues with our coaching/structure/fitness and we look like strangers playing together for the 1st time. That is all on the coach, Who seems to have completely lost it, is devoid of ideas and too stubborn to change something so obviously broken

Last edited:
I'll give Des until round 8 when turbo has been back awhile. Not his fault turbo and fainu are out. We played one of the best sides in the comp with lots of new faces and combinations. It does unfortunately seem that des has no clue as we just look the same as last year. Jake needs to goto prop he just has to he offers nothing in the 13. Too slow and the new rules have made him useless imho. Siro needs to go and Davey needs to start, he is a good player. This is what id do...

8. Jake
10. Marty
11. Olakau'atu
12. Davey
13. Aloiai

14. Schuster
15. Paseka
16. Keppie
17. Jetski or Sir Loin

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess break.

Yes, a number of the players don't deserve to play again. But apart from Des being extraordinarily stubborn and conservative when it comes to his selections, we don't exactly have a galaxy of stars to replace them with. My guess is Garrick will be the scapegoat. A number of players could take his spot. Outside of that, it'll largely be the same unmotivated, unfit, untalented, directionless rabble who ran out this week.

We are so far behind other teams now it's not funny.

I'll give Des until round 8 when turbo has been back awhile. Not his fault turbo and fainu are out. We played one of the best sides in the comp with lots of new faces and combinations. It does unfortunately seem that des has no clue as we just look the same as last year. Jake needs to goto prop he just has to he offers nothing in the 13. Too slow and the new rules have made him useless imho. Siro needs to go and Davey needs to start, he is a good player. This is what id do...

8. Jake
10. Marty
11. Olakau'atu
12. Davey
13. Aloiai

14. Schuster
15. Paseka
16. Keppie
17. Jetski or Sir Loin

They had Cordner (captain), Radley, Verrills all out, plus Friend went down mid game.

Our recruits all performed well, Foran, Saab and Davey I am all very proud of and impressed.

Croker wasn’t too bad, but we’ll still have to hope Fainu is released mid way through the season because depth is limited and we need spark.

But Des is way too stubborn/conservative with that left edge, Jake and Siro

The following players are stale: Jake, Sironen, Parker, Garrick and after tonight you could argue dce who seems to get worse year after year

Today was terrible, but we were good for about 25 minutes of it, and that, if we combine it with a lot ot key team changes (especially regarding that left edge which conceded a stupid amount of points) could see us improve week upon week. Won’t get easier next week and there needs to be some dropped and Schuster selected as Funa wasn’t used really today.

Nice balanced post Harry. A twenty year old with some football nous.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8