I love ya Des, but!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not quite, but the signs aren't good.
IMO with the squad we have this year was ****ed before it started but that's a different argument. My real worry was, always where went from here? We all knew this team had limitations and hoped that somehow we'd overcome them. It's pretty clear to most (excluding @BOZO )The reality is **** is **** and can't be turned to gold. Manly sucked under Barrett, we suck under Des? We've had countless GM's so there is a problem at the top and the buck has to stop with the Penn family. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and know they've spent big $$$ keeping the club going but not enough to make us competitive so with the current owners and the budget limitations we have what decent coach or players would come here? Basically, no one..... look at what we signed for this season?

From Rothfield:

Des Hasler is under the pump and fighting to save his coaching career at Manly after a disastrous first-round thumping from the Sydney Roosters.
News Corp can reveal Hasler is yet to sign his multi-million dollar contract extension while tense negotiations continue over strict performance clauses Manly is insisting on.

The veteran coach has now joined the Cronulla Sharks’ John Morris as the men most in danger of being the first coach sacked this season.

Hasler’s manager George Mimis and Sea Eagles chief executive Stephen Humphreys have been stalled over several months about the length of the contract and termination options.

Hasler wanted a three-year deal. Manly agreed but only with performance clauses that would allow the contract to be terminated at any time.

The other option discussed was a rolling year-by-year contract, identical to the deal Nathan Brown had at the Newcastle Knights before he was sacked and paid out for six months.

Manly is obviously trying to avoid a repeat of Hasler’s messy departure from the Canterbury Bulldogs when he took legal action to get a $1 million payout.

They are also not prepared to risk another Trent Barrett situation where he was left on the pay roll for 12 months after handing in his resignation.

Plus all the clubs have learnt from the Broncos’ hefty payout to Anthony Seibold last year.

Humphreys was guarded when approached for comment on Sunday.

“Des is in the final year of a three-year contract,” Humphreys said.

“We’ve been discussing the situation beyond this year for a little while now, but at this stage it is unresolved. I have no other comment to make.”

Manly insist this is not just a snap decision.

Obviously Saturday’s 46-4 flogging from the Roosters at the Sydney Cricket Ground hasn’t helped.

There has been concern for much longer about the long-term future.

The club finished 13th last season and has made a number of recruitment blunders.

Should Manly fail to reach an agreement with Hasler, it would almost certainly end his 17-year coaching career in which he delivered two premierships in 2008 and 2011 at Manly.

The obvious contenders are Shane Flanagan, Craig Fitzgibbon and Panthers assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo.

They would become the fourth new coach in six years following on from Geoff Toovey, Trent Barrett and Hasler.
Best article I've read from Rothfield in ages ......

#resultsdrivenbusiness.

IMO with the squad we have this year was *ed before it started but that's a different argument. My real worry was, always where went from here? We all knew this team had limitations and hoped that somehow we'd overcome them. It's pretty clear to most (excluding @BOZO )The reality is * is **** and can't be turned to gold. Manly sucked under Barrett, we suck under Des? We've had countless GM's so there is a problem at the top and the buck has to stop with the Penn family. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and know they've spent big $$$ keeping the club going but not enough to make us competitive so with the current owners and the budget limitations we have what decent coach or players would come here? Basically, no one..... look at what we signed for this season?
Where is BOZO?

joseph Suaalii glided through the air to seal a try-scoring double and Sam Walker looked every bit an NRL playmaking gun of the future, but it was Blacktown hooker Cade Cust who stole the show in the NSW Cup clash with North Sydney.
Cust scored a hat-trick of tries in the 48-20 win for Manly’s feeder club over the Roosters’ reserve grade side in front of Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler at HE Laybutt Field.

A day after Hasler watched his side get pulverised by the Roosters, Cust put himself in the frame to play hooker for Manly against Souths at Brookvale on Saturday.

Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Joseph Suaalii scored a double for the Bears.

While young Sea Eagles five-eighth Josh Schuster was solid for Blacktown, he was upstaged by his opposite, Walker, who produced some classy touches, which included setting up Suaalii for his first try with a dummy and pass for the centre to score out wide.

Walker also laid on the Bears’ first try with a magnificent cut-out pass for Matt Ikuvalu to score in the corner, which the No.6 converted.

Sam Walker was all class for the Bears. Picture:Justin Lloyd.

Suaalii had his second after the break when Bears halfback Drew Hutchison produced a perfect cross-field kick and the 17-year did the rest when he outjumped Tim Simona to score.

The Bears finished the game with 12 men after Ikuvalu was sent off for a chicken wing that left back-rower Haumole Olakau’atu with a suspected dislocated elbow with 20 minutes remaining.

Flanno or Fitzgibbon would be fine by me. Bring a whole new approach. I mean it couldn’t be worse could it? Barrett years, horrible. Hasler years( second stint), no better..

Doesn't matter as they both got contract extensions under Des

Don't forget, Des freely let
joseph Suaalii glided through the air to seal a try-scoring double and Sam Walker looked every bit an NRL playmaking gun of the future, but it was Blacktown hooker Cade Cust who stole the show in the NSW Cup clash with North Sydney.
Cust scored a hat-trick of tries in the 48-20 win for Manly’s feeder club over the Roosters’ reserve grade side in front of Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler at HE Laybutt Field.

A day after Hasler watched his side get pulverised by the Roosters, Cust put himself in the frame to play hooker for Manly against Souths at Brookvale on Saturday.

Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

While young Sea Eagles five-eighth Josh Schuster was solid for Blacktown, he was upstaged by his opposite, Walker, who produced some classy touches, which included setting up Suaalii for his first try with a dummy and pass for the centre to score out wide.

Walker also laid on the Bears’ first try with a magnificent cut-out pass for Matt Ikuvalu to score in the corner, which the No.6 converted.

Suaalii had his second after the break when Bears halfback Drew Hutchison produced a perfect cross-field kick and the 17-year did the rest when he outjumped Tim Simona to score.

The Bears finished the game with 12 men after Ikuvalu was sent off for a chicken wing that left back-rower Haumole Olakau’atu with a suspected dislocated elbow with 20 minutes remaining.

Who the **** wrote that article? Greg Florimo? We trounced them. In the forwards, in the backs, and in the coaching department. Jason Taylor is a myth.

Don't forget, Des freely let

Who the **** wrote that article? Greg Florimo? We trounced them. In the forwards, in the backs, and in the coaching department. Jason Taylor is a myth.
Some guy called Russel Jackson?

I watched it and it was actually pretty good game. Much better than last nights.

Agreed. I just didn't like the reporter creaming over the Bears, when we were ALL over them, in every department, including the halves.
I was lucky then ...... I was watching it at the pub and the sound was off!

First Manly game I've enjoyed in age! It was old school footy in the wet.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10