I love ya Des, but!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeh nah. Not everyone posting here agrees that sacking the coach this early in the season, will result in anything different to what we are seeing now. We have massive problems, but sacking Des isn't going to magically solve them.
Mate he is the problem. He selects the team, he decides who to recruit, and he sets out defensive structures.

We all see the stubborn and old time thinking which just isn’t working. Des is blinded by his past success.

Yeh nah. Not everyone posting here agrees that sacking the coach this early in the season, will result in anything different to what we are seeing now. We have massive problems, but sacking Des isn't going to magically solve them.
You're right... no use sacking him now... we should not have renewed his contract last year when it was OBVIOUS that he couldn't motivate a wh*re to put out...

You're probably right, Simmo66. I'd settle for Des acknowledging that we have massive problems and then trying to do something about them. On the evidence so far, he seems to think all we need is a few minor adjustments and "the rub of the green". Truth is, we went so far backwards last year that even champions like Jake now look decidedly average. How do you even start to fix that?

Mate he is the problem. He selects the team, he decides who to recruit, and he sets out defensive structures.

We all see the stubborn and old time thinking which just isn’t working. Des is blinded by his past success.

Not disagreeing with your analysis. Clearly as head coach he does all of the above and more. I am not a massive fan of Des as a coach, and I wasn't too happy that he was brought back to the club. He moved on, and I thought we had as well. Personally, I don't subscribe to the theory that sacking a coach early creates anything positive for any club that does that, this early in the season. I am bitterly disappointed in his team selection so far, and clearly this needs to change immediately.

Not disagreeing with your analysis. Clearly as head coach he does all of the above and more. I am not a massive fan of Des as a coach, and I wasn't too happy that he was brought back to the club. He moved on, and I thought we had as well. Personally, I don't subscribe to the theory that sacking a coach early creates anything positive for any club that does that, this early in the season. I am bitterly disappointed in his team selection so far, and clearly this needs to change immediately.
Yeah, look sacking him early won’t happen, but he needs a swift kick and we should be planing actively for a new coach.

Our recruits all performed well, Foran, Saab and Davey I am all very proud of and impressed.

Croker wasn’t too bad, but we’ll still have to hope Fainu is released mid way through the season because depth is limited and we need spark.

But Des is way too stubborn/conservative with that left edge, Jake and Siro

The following players are stale: Jake, Sironen, Parker, Garrick and after tonight you could argue dce who seems to get worse year after year

Today was terrible, but we were good for about 25 minutes of it, and that, if we combine it with a lot ot key team changes (especially regarding that left edge which conceded a stupid amount of points) could see us improve week upon week. Won’t get easier next week and there needs to be some dropped and Schuster selected as Funa wasn’t used really today.

Our response to today’s performance will either make or break our season

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8