I have never seen a more corrupt game of football in my entire life

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Refs "manage" games, not referee what they see each play of the ball.

It is blantantly obvious to anyone with half a brain that refs ( sub consciously or orherwise) try to "manage" a result by obvious square up penalties, giving the team who is 20 points down a run of penalties, etc, etc.

This is all in aid of producing the closest possible end results in each game imo.

In some cases, good ol' fashioned bias comes into play, I'm sure.

So - outright corruption, you say. Whom precisely do you suspect has ordered the refs to give Qld a leg-up? Archer? Greenberg? Cam Smith?
Why don't you start a petition demanding an investigation!
Can't give a definitive answer to your question but square ups seem to have increased since the commission came to be.
Probably the same as Wednesday night.

I don't think the refs are biased to one side , be it the one playing against us or one of the state sides BUT there's no doubt in my mind ( sorry @SeaEagleRock8 ) they are " scripting" games to see closer results.

My thoughts are that both Chan 9 and Foxtel just love close games and hate blow outs, the ultimate aim is GP.

Yesterday's game was just another in many many I've seen where the side leading at half time is given a penalty bath in the second half.

SOO 2 a perfect example , NSW zero QLD 6, it's not rocket science to know that six penalties to zero is going to have a profound effect on the game.

As to an investigation , well I thought the SMH journo did that really well!!

Will it change, doubtful, will I keep banging on about it, sadly yes.

I rarely watch 9 but as manly had a tv game yesrerday i watched. Apart from manly tearing the sharks a new one, it was like a demtel commercial. I honestly felt like i was watching a sales team rather than a commentry team as they relentlessly plugged the greatest game of origin ever..........the decider. Like its never happened.

You can see how 9 are hurting for paying a fair price for the game and and looking to make a buck. Now thats cool, its business but what strikes me is how they havnt been like this ever before. Primarily because they got the game for peanuts. Now they have peanuts trying to sell the greatest show on earth at a time when many consumers are sick of the manipulation of results in order to appease the money men.

I wasnt excited , it was nauseating as we all know the winner will be the team that will generate the best story as a sales event for next year.

The remember last year story. a few geese are killing the goose

Did you guys see this in Fairfax? Steve Mascord. He's always been an ok journo to read. But he's writing all the wrong things here. Its not as simple as just switching off a game you have watched all your life, Steve...

JT shot JFK

It's official: Origin is now so good that thousands of conspiracy theorists refuse to believe it's not scripted. That's right, the mob that reckons chemtrails are poisoning angels and Harold Holt runs a thriving Guangzhou lamington shop also refuse to believe random events in a game could create as much pathos, drama and spectacle as we saw last Wednesday night.

So they're flooding social media with zany theories about head office ordering a Queensland victory. Presumably they also ordered Johnathan Thurston's shoulder injury so he could kick his sideline conversion and Jarryd Hayne not to pass to Brett Morris. Everyone's in on it!

As Set of Six said elsewhere last week, why would you continue to watch a sport you believe is fixed? If you're calling out people over their integrity, have some yourself and don't support an industry you believe to be deceitful and corrupt.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...dney-we-need-fewer-games-20170624-gwxz0h.html

Did you guys see this in Fairfax? Steve Mascord. He's always been an ok journo to read. But he's writing all the wrong things here. Its not as simple as just switching off a game you have watched all your life, Steve...

JT shot JFK

It's official: Origin is now so good that thousands of conspiracy theorists refuse to believe it's not scripted. That's right, the mob that reckons chemtrails are poisoning angels and Harold Holt runs a thriving Guangzhou lamington shop also refuse to believe random events in a game could create as much pathos, drama and spectacle as we saw last Wednesday night.

So they're flooding social media with zany theories about head office ordering a Queensland victory. Presumably they also ordered Johnathan Thurston's shoulder injury so he could kick his sideline conversion and Jarryd Hayne not to pass to Brett Morris. Everyone's in on it!

As Set of Six said elsewhere last week, why would you continue to watch a sport you believe is fixed? If you're calling out people over their integrity, have some yourself and don't support an industry you believe to be deceitful and corrupt.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...dney-we-need-fewer-games-20170624-gwxz0h.html
Take the blinkers off Mascord. Blind Freddy can see the rort.

JT shot JFK

Crowds and viewers are in decline. Seems a dumb thing to say considering the data
Origin attracts millions who never watch another game of footy and care not for anything but to feel superior for a week due to someone else playing footy.

I find ir strange how deathly quiet all the ch 9 footy experts are about the situation. In my opinion the quieter they are the more likely the networks have a vested interest in the confusion

Isn't it funny that when, because of your standpoint, you are in a minority everyone else is part of a mob, herd or populist.
Childish.
Corruption is a very strong word.
It's not corrupt to stage manage an event of theatre but when people are sold an even contest, naive as they may be if you've watched origin long enough, maybe his description of what he thinks 'the mob' believes is right.
ODI cricket has stage managed as well.
Some very ordinary Australian teams got into the finals back in the 80s.
Journos who have as much or less knowledge of the game as everyone else, who can't see it or are too gutless to report it, need to get another job.

Mascord errs by including the hayne non-pass in his argument. That wasn't corrupt, rather it was a selfish act of a selfish show pony.

The flow of penalties, and iffy adjudication on strips, knock-ons, holding in tackles and forward passes is where refs clearly manage games to help one side.

Yesterday the sharks got a penalty (against Afb?) when the tackler was already at marker. Why was it given seconds after the tackle?

Yeah it's a straw man to include all the non-refereeing related events in the game as evidence for why it's not corrupt. The behaviour of the referees during the second half is all the proof that you need that the NRL had a vested interest in the result.

*bump*

I just worked it out....

NSW need to change sponsors from VB to anything that is not a big green blob!

We didn't do so well with 'the blob' either!

Problem solved *mic drop*

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8