I have never seen a more corrupt game of football in my entire life

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IMG_5438.jpg

The State of Origin Writing Team :)

The 2o13 gf was way more obvious then this origin game as bad as it was.. we only got 2 penalties against the most penalized side in the comp. The bs that spewed out of that game will never be matched. those dogs robbed us, Lyon matai Stewarts deserved 3 premierships to there names and then there 07 ffs but the 40 nil made up for that... ahh what a night it was lol

I support neither side. I do find it so funny that who ever loses blames poor decisions. The game was let flow and always is thats what origin is. Who cares its only for supporters who don't really follow the game. Like rugby followers who only support the Wallabies. Its a laugh and not the real game. Don't let it get to you.

Chechin was dreadful in second half it wasn't just blocking of our kick chase they were actually tackling our chasers. But at the end of the day we only needed one more try and we can thank hayne for that, the bloody hog. Pearce had the opportunity to get us home and again went missing. Unfortunately the cupboard is bare for halfbacks in NSW. Unless you give it to cleary and let him grow into role.
What about wade graham hogging the ball also I thought Paul Gallen was out there

I support neither side. I do find it so funny that who ever loses blames poor decisions. The game was let flow and always is thats what origin is. Who cares its only for supporters who don't really follow the game. Like rugby followers who only support the Wallabies. Its a laugh and not the real game. Don't let it get to you.
Brilliantly said.
The best summation I have read.

It was probably the lack of penalties to NSW in the second half rather than penalties to QLD being dodgy. NSW did not earn 1 penalty in the second half.

Seems the game is truly made for television, right down to the scores.
The media has been quiet about this aspect of the game, except for Phil Rothchild, but it was all too obvious to me that numerous decisions out there helped put Qld back into the game.

did you even watch it? the game obviously was not 'let flow'

over the last ten years, there have been many examples of qld beating nsw out of pure class - this has mostly been the case. in those instances, the loss is felt, but you have to hand it to qld, it is a formidable lineup they have stumbled upon - as much as i detest a lot of the players individually, you can't deny the skill, hunger and consistency of the smith/thurston/slater/inglis (+cronk etc) era

when qld wins due to outperforming nsw it's upsetting, especially with one of those last minute tries they are so adept at scoring. it's not like the feeling of participating in something that, to be honest, feels more rigged every week.

that the referees conduct the game in a manner that has been determined to be in the best financial interests of the NRL is a conclusion that is being independently reached by long time fans of the game across australia - not just manly fans, not just nsw fans - a large percentage of the rugby league community seems to have come to this conclusion in varying degrees

this is not just one gomersall with a bee in his bonnet. it's not decisions being made in human error. it's the systematic manipulation of the flow, and result, of games, across the game that is so grossly distasteful

it's not decisions being made in human error. it's the systematic manipulation of the flow
So - outright corruption, you say. Whom precisely do you suspect has ordered the refs to give Qld a leg-up? Archer? Greenberg? Cam Smith?
Why don't you start a petition demanding an investigation!

So - outright corruption, you say. Whom precisely do you suspect has ordered the refs to give Qld a leg-up? Archer? Greenberg? Cam Smith?
hahah damn right, there should be an investigation!
i dunno who decides these things
but i wouldn't call it corruption per se. it's not like putting a bundle of cash on the bookies and throwing a fight. rugby league is a business, as we all know. they're making business decisions about how games should be refereed.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/09/16/nrl-referee-admits-square-decisions-thing-review/

so if there is a heavy review at the end of each game based on performance, and it's a state of origin game with a list of "future immortals" playing their last series, there's a bucketload of media attention on it, how would you feel compelled to referee the game?

I watched SOO 2 and I also watched the first match and you can't help seeing many, many, things that would never be allowed in a club match. That is where credibility has walked out the door. As to who benefits from those totally different rules, sure, Qld got the rub of the green the other night.

Hardly as big a ripoff as the 2013 GF. At least the Blues have another chance to win. Manly got no second chance in 2013.
Hardly need to go back to 2013 (though instructive in determining a time period this has at least been going on)
Have another look at Round 1 Manly v Slime ROFL, many momentum 'levers' were on display in that one....:rofl:
Anyway, got to go now down to the Narabeen TAB, got some inside gos.... :party:
now move along everyone, NOTHING to see here! :tmi::p

I would hazard a guess it's coming from Tony Archer. Who exactly is pulling his strings, I'm not sure - but the way it happens is through the 'training' and 'reviewing' of the referees, and the 'tip sheets' they've been using for years.

So, "guys, we need to keep the penalties down, more leeway in the ruck because it's Origin, you were a bit harsh on Qld's ruck play last time, go easier on the 10, a close game's a good game, right?".

It's not difficult at all to communicate what the desired outcome is, without specifically saying "get team x home".

The media plays a huge part too - the refs are not sequestered like a jury, they see all the 'fairytale' crap the rest of us do - not just regarding origin, they know 'Parramatta NEEDS a premiership soon to ward off the AFL and soccer stealing all the kids out West', they heard the same 'Pride of the League' BS the year that Souffs got all their leg-ups, they heard the 'Wayne Bennett SuperCoach miracle worker come to wave his wand over the Dragons' garbage for two years solid until they figured out how not to choke, they were all over the 'Cowboys wuz robbed and JT will finally get the premiership he should already have' story, they know everybody hates Manly and anything goes at Brookie because nobody will listen to Manly fans complaining about this crap. Not like Melbourne fans are going to complain about anything, Scameron's onto a good thing having already joined the refereeing ranks before retirement!

The NRL is approaching WWE territory with the amount of orchestration and overblown narratives we're being bombarded with constantly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7