I can live with the loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If I had posted at the start of the year that we would lose a highly rated rookie Hopoate before a game. Tom t would miss nine games DCE five Sipley would be gone early-mid season, Thompson would be out at the end of the year but we will still be up for a crack at the four and cemented in the eight I’d get some rainbow responses. Man the next few years are going to feel like supporting Manly again. Goodnight.
That’s exactly how I feel. To be in the top 5 or 6 at the end of this season, after the year we had last year, is something very few people even dreamed of. This year the players will experience the hype of the finals and it will put them in a good place for the years ahead.

Last edited:
Love seeing some positivity, makes handling a loss a lot easier.

Really hope we can bring it against the Eels. Injuries are so disappointing

The moral of tonights loss

You cant compete if you dont complete and build momentum .

We never gave our selves a chance

The good news is that this team has proven to bounce back from injuries and from out of character performances like tonight .

we-will-be-back.png

Whatever happens next, it has still been a great year. Jesus I remember how I felt a week earlier from this game last year, desperately working out our next three games (could not see a win in any of them), desperately looking at Parra's next three games (thank you God, cannot see the sqEels winning any of those either) and then, thankfully, Parra repaid my faith by coming last. Go Parra for last place!!! And now look at us, contending for 4th place and certain to play in the finals. Go Manly!!!

As the Missus says, you have faith or account yourself a fair weather supporter.

I am feeling undaunted. Congrats Storm (you won't hear me say that too often) but they really played the beautiful game tonight, and showed us what the next step looks like. I honestly thought wet weather might suit us, simply because I thought their outside backs are stronger and more likely to score, but it did not work out that way at all.

Hopefully and likely, next week we bounce back and give Parra the home ground humiliation they so richly deserve. Pretenders.

Until then, may your jockstraps not chafe.

I don't think Storm played anything too beautiful. Was our first penalty after 35 minutes and 18 nil down? No matter what you do that is unplayable.

Cant believe people are not more gutted? Saying we are over achieving and happy to finish where we are.

I disagree, i think we are definitely a top 4 side and only injuries are cruelling our season.

We have beaten souths, should of been twice, Canberra twice, Melbourne in Melbourne, smashed sharks and parra.

We have hardly had a full strength side all year, when Tom has played we have won 10 and lost 1

All good saying we will be better next year, but a season is so long in nrl. DCE could do an acl rd one and we might not even make the semis

Cant believe people are not more gutted? Saying we are over achieving and happy to finish where we are.
People should try living down here (in Vic).
I can stomach the odd loss and even not going all the way in finals. But to lose to the storm like that and then the injuries to boot. I've just removed the TV antenna so I don't have to listen to the news for at least a week. :banghead:

We were outplayed big time and will continue to be so when it really counts until we get game managers. Now im not saying dce cost manly , what i am saying is cameron smith and his game management ensured we were never in the game. Pretty much from the first penalty he took over. He didnt waste his chances, he had a plan , he didnt rush it

We dont have that , few do , but the teams that do are rightly waaaay out there.
Sure you get to ambush and face teams, when they are in slumps but come these big weeks. Wow. Credit where its due

Our nemisis struck back

In the wet we waste posession , in the dry we waste opportunities. Its our way .
You just gotta go with the flow .

I disagree, i think we are definitely a top 4 side and only injuries are cruelling our season.

We have beaten souths, should of been twice, Canberra twice, Melbourne in Melbourne, smashed sharks and parra.

We have hardly had a full strength side all year, when Tom has played we have won 10 and lost 1

All good saying we will be better next year, but a season is so long in nrl. DCE could do an acl rd one and we might not even make the semis
I agree, we were a top 4 team but after last night’s horror show if we past week 1 of the finals I would be very surprised due to the injuries.
After such a long and gruelling season to see it come undone in the fashion it has really is hard to take.
2020 teams will be hunting us , no guarantees we make finals next year.
Either sharks or broncos week 1 of the finals now

I don't think Storm played anything too beautiful. Was our first penalty after 35 minutes and 18 nil down? No matter what you do that is unplayable.

Bit hard to win when they scored 2 tries next play after being let off for shepherds. The teams were not treated equally in regard to lying on the player, being offside. The end result on the penalty count was a catch up at the end. I think we have way more improvement in us, need to fix the dropped ball, hopefully no rain, a consistent ref, no in game injuries. I just want the opportunity to play them again this season. The Storm were blessed last night, everything went their way.

Bit hard to win when they scored 2 tries next play after being let off for shepherds. The teams were not treated equally in regard to lying on the player, being offside. The end result on the penalty count was a catch up at the end. I think we have way more improvement in us, need to fix the dropped ball, hopefully no rain, a consistent ref, no in game injuries. I just want the opportunity to play them again this season. The Storm were blessed last night, everything went their way.
yep, the shepherds, momentum penalties, we get penalised for holding down (that takes the biscuit) and their constant dirty twisting and cynical tactics. You don't have a chance when it is this obvious. every time i see that refs head appear I know we are up against it.

Melbourne did outplay us, we did waste possession but the tone was set early. Unfortunately we didn't get going at the start of the 2nd half.

Mostly negativity here.

But I don’t feel that way. The loss last night can only be one loss so who cares what the score was. Also, who cares about 4th we will end up losing to super-team Melbourne instead of coming off a win (expected if we deserve to be there) into the second week.

We have also won plenty of games without TT. Elliot is a more than capable replacement and we still have our entire backline, Cherry, and our 4 key forwards.

Hasler will make 3 points

(1) better to lose to Melbourne now and take our medicine now. It is better than a brutal 16-17 loss and we can bounce back as if nothing happened.

(2) we still have our team, structure and a whole year of of team building. We will be fine and should have every confidence.

(3) the game against Parra should be about combinations/structures first, win the game second.

The master coach will deliver.

NYEagle

Last edited:
Melbourne played a great game in the wet conditions, really suited their game, and the ref allowed them to get away with slowing down the ruck, where we were struck down with injuries, already had injuries and players not 100%, and just struggle in the wet

We are not that far off at all if we field a healthy full strength side.

Would be totally different if we played them this afternoon in this weather with tom turbo, suli and thompson fully fit

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8