I actually feel sorry for Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He shouldn't have taken the job on if he wasn't up to it

3rd year now

Will the Penns bring Fulton back again to fix the joint up? Maybe another cleanout? We should change our name to David Jones and have a 6 monthly clearout sale

It is had to watch the crap the players are dishing out at the moment
No Fulton loves to run and leave a sink
Ship.

And 2017. Immortal fraud

Barrett paints himself into a corner

Trent Barrett showed his inexperience in declaring Jackson Hastings would not appear in the NRL side for the rest of the season.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It's painted the coach into a corner and at a time where he needs all the help he can get.

Manly's depth is the shallowest in the NRL and a player like Hastings, who can play a number of positions, would be invaluable.

If he's not a better five-eighth than Lachlan Croker, I'll do a lap of Lottoland in the bollocky.

Barrett has no choice but to swallow his pride, admit he made a decision in haste, and reinstate Hastings to the NRL squad.

The Sea Eagles' season may well rest on it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...fa-solomona/or0vg8wfqiib1i0fvfhkxpby9/slide/3

I hope that Penn, the CEO and Barrett are having a meeting today to sort this mess out. Barrett is acting like a fool and Cartwright well you wouldn't know he was there. TB is making wrong decisions somebody better pull rank on him fast.

If Trent Barrett wants to continue as a first grade coach, then he HAS to bite the bullet and make some immediate changes. In 2016 he allowed Killer to dictate what position he was going to play and it was a disaster. Lyon regularly got smoked as his old legs no longer had the pace for centre, and Walker didn’t ever look like a 5/8. By the time he made the change it was season over. Croker is clearly out of his depth, offers zero in attack, and has made a total of 3 kicks in 7 games. Hastings has contributed much more in the few minutes he’s played off the bench. Some of the young guys need to be given a crack, he needs to shake things up and p1ss some of these guys off to Blacktown. And ffs there is absolutely no place for Jono Wright in the 21 players, just naming him in the extended side shows a complete lack of awareness. Name some kids who have a future, get them excited and give them a vision of where they are headed instead of choosing some guy who was barely average in his prime five years ago.

Look I don’t feel sorry for Barrett in regards to the coaching of the team, although the dramas with the salary cap have greatly diminished the stocks available to him which obviously makes things difficult.

I do feel sorry for him during this whole ugly situation though.

It should not have been him fronting the media last week, that is a job for our Chairman or CEO.

It is also not the job for him along with DCE to go to the club and say we need to fine Cherry Evans as captain and for him to take some responsibility (this was confirmed by Phil Gould who has spoken with Barrett numerous times over the past few days).

The club has lacked leadership from the top during this drama which is the reason I feel sorry for him.

Personally I think Trent has lost the team. They are a team divided, disinterested and out of form coached by a man who its becoming increasingly obvious is not up to the job.

I wanted Trent Barrett to succeed as Manly coach. I did not want him to fail because if he did that it meant that Manly failed.

Trent Barrett is failing and so is Manly. Other than that I think he has lost this team, his record at Manly speaks for itself. 56 games, 24 wins, 32 losses, a winning strike rate of just 42.8%.

My wish right now sad to say is that sometime over the next couple of days.....he gets the full support of the club board.
Great timing if he has lost the team... 5 minutes after having his coaching contract extended

Barrett paints himself into a corner

Trent Barrett showed his inexperience in declaring Jackson Hastings would not appear in the NRL side for the rest of the season.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It's painted the coach into a corner and at a time where he needs all the help he can get.

Manly's depth is the shallowest in the NRL and a player like Hastings, who can play a number of positions, would be invaluable.

If he's not a better five-eighth than Lachlan Croker, I'll do a lap of Lottoland in the bollocky.

Barrett has no choice but to swallow his pride, admit he made a decision in haste, and reinstate Hastings to the NRL squad.

The Sea Eagles' season may well rest on it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...fa-solomona/or0vg8wfqiib1i0fvfhkxpby9/slide/3

Someone's been reading Silvertails.....

If Trent Barrett wants to continue as a first grade coach, then he HAS to bite the bullet and make some immediate changes. In 2016 he allowed Killer to dictate what position he was going to play and it was a disaster. Lyon regularly got smoked as his old legs no longer had the pace for centre, and Walker didn’t ever look like a 5/8. By the time he made the change it was season over.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that.

Someone's been reading Silvertails.....

Well ... Silvertails have certainly out done the sleazy media for the amount of bullshiit crap, rumour and absolute fukken rubbish that has been posted over the past two weeks ....

We are fair dinkum making the media sound like rational, well balanced and impartial professionals ...

And I used to think Manly was the thinking man's football team .......

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
If Trent Barrett wants to continue as a first grade coach, then he HAS to bite the bullet and make some immediate changes. In 2016 he allowed Killer to dictate what position he was going to play and it was a disaster. Lyon regularly got smoked as his old legs no longer had the pace for centre, and Walker didn’t ever look like a 5/8. By the time he made the change it was season over. Croker is clearly out of his depth, offers zero in attack, and has made a total of 3 kicks in 7 games. Hastings has contributed much more in the few minutes he’s played off the bench. Some of the young guys need to be given a crack, he needs to shake things up and p1ss some of these guys off to Blacktown. And ffs there is absolutely no place for Jono Wright in the 21 players, just naming him in the extended side shows a complete lack of awareness. Name some kids who have a future, get them excited and give them a vision of where they are headed instead of choosing some guy who was barely average in his prime five years ago.
Great post Kevin . Proactive thinking people are a breath of fresh air !!!
Fresh-Air.jpg

Silvertails is a great source of rumour , innuendo and fan dissatisfaction and the hungry journos lap it up like jackals.

Every one of them is on here every day, and I know that as I made a derogatory comment about my sparring partner on Twitter @Reading the Play ( Hi Gerard ) and within minutes he’d screenshotted it and hammered me on his Twitter feed for being a “ goose “ ( he still calls me that which amuses me considering he’s a closet North Sydney Bears fan and they were the biggest gooses of all time).

So yes hi Buzz, hi Moley, hi James, hi Josh.

Yep they are constantly on here and all we are doing is feeding them rubbish!!

Silvertails is a great source of rumour , innuendo and fan dissatisfaction and the hungry journos lap it up like jackals.

Every one of them is on here every day,

So yes hi Buzz, hi Moley, hi James, hi Josh.

Yep they are constantly on here and all we are doing is feeding them rubbish!!

and that's what sustains the bottom feeders

Interviews with the media should be managed very carefully when the team is in crisis such as this. At times like these the media is not a friend but rather by analogy like a hyena feeding of the body of a sick or injured animal. They don't care at all about the player's welfare or the player families welfare unless it fits their agenda. They look for the worst spin or inference they can find and are relentless hiding behind the veil of chasing the truth. Most seem to hate Manly and take whatever opportunity they can to drag us through the dirt. But our lack of disclosure as to the truth in these recent matters has only fed the feeding frenzy of the press. Time to get up and start running again. Fess up and get on with it.

I’ll probably not win any popularity contest with this comment, but is is a bit rich whinging about the media et al when we are quick to crucify other teams or individuals that fall into disarray. And yup, I’m a culprit as well.

It’s payday for the media and other fans, so the only way to shut them up is to close down our own stupidity, pull our fingers out of our arses, show some pride and get on with repairing the damage, win a couple of games and fight like hell to avoid the spoon.

It’s why Uate’s comments about the media pissed me off. Stop playing the victim and blame game, and start looking in the mirror and facing some ugly truths. Media owe us nothing.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6