I actually feel sorry for Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No we need a manly person someone who understand the club and culture.

There’s only three blokes that fit the bill
One is the bloke they sacked, one is the bloke coaching the tigers and the other one is Hasler

Cultures gone and whats left seems toxic, can't help but think anyone including Walters would be an improvement until Ivan becomes free again, Des and Tooves have had there day.

Des left the joint in an absolute mess and still has a lot to answer for, he should never return.

Cultures gone and whats left seems toxic, can't help but think anyone including Walters would be an improvement until Ivan becomes free again, Des and Tooves have had there day.

Des left the joint in an absolute mess and still has a lot to answer for, he should never return.
How was the joint a mess. We
Made the top 4 on 3 occasions and made a grand final after he left. Tooves was always gonna cop a changing of the guard as a great generation of players retired. Sadly the club ****ed it up

As i outlined elsewhere not dropping uate for suli, anderson or m wright was his death knell. The try scored on uate was the beginning of the end today. Watch the replay we were in it until that point.

Trent has played and is playing the favourites game. An apple for teacher favouritism throughout his entire tenure. He has no idea. He thinks being friends with some players amd ememies with others will get posotive results.

The second you introduce one set of rules for some and another set for others you divide the team. Its horrific leadership. Infact it isnt leadership. Its 183 points scored against in 7 rounds.

The players in our team are not playing for each other let alone him. Case in point perrett getting hooked last week for an offload that went backwards and bounced awkwardly. Uate 3 knock ons and m wright on the bench and stays on and in the team.

Jackson hastings is the best 5/8 option at our club but through poor leadership has not been selected there. Why you might ask? Because he didnt win a time trual versus our captain. Because his ego is too big. Fmd ego equals pride in rugby league and we have 0 pride right now.

0 respect for the football and 0 care to defend our line. The refs were determined to see us beaten today. Make no mistake. The great manly teams of old used their shoulders to refute a bs penalty call and get the ball back.

Right now we are laying down. Agree it is a results based business. Trent does not have what it takes to lead a football side. Got slapped as a captain and i now personally wish Darcy had knocked him out at training.

Barrett out.

He shouldn't have taken the job on if he wasn't up to it

3rd year now

Will the Penns bring Fulton back again to fix the joint up? Maybe another cleanout? We should change our name to David Jones and have a 6 monthly clearout sale

It is had to watch the crap the players are dishing out at the moment
David Jones is too classy. The way things are going name change should be The Reject Shop.

Come on God.....can't you just turn water into wine and Manly into winners again.

Please. I don't ask for much of you but I ask this.

I feel sorry for Barrett in the same way I feel sorry for anybody who's been selected for a job they're not qualified or experienced enough to do. Ultimately, it's not his fault he was given the job - the blame has to go to the dickheads who hired him. The problem is, for anything to change, the dickheads who hired him have to admit they got it wrong, and dickheads don't like doing that. They prefer shifting the blame elsewhere.

He lost me when he started listening to player demands.
He lost me in his first season as coach when he started rattling off excuses as to why we lost a particular game and he mentioned the loss of Kite! Kite left at the end of 2013 FFS :-/

**** me you ****s are stupid

How is This Barretts fault?

He inherited the Mess that Toovey and Bozo created. The playing field is uneven because of the 600k fine that's come off the Salary cap. We are paying Darcy Lussick to go and play over seas and We are still paying Nate Myles.we have Sironen and Taufua on the side line and Our best 5/8 has had a barney with who ever.

Because of that our handicap is probably about $2m that we are behind the rest.

How is it Trents fault?

How is it Trents fault?

Ummm, this team is pretty much one put together by Barrett. Yes, there were some salary cap issues last year and again, this year, but enough with the excuses. Why was Toovey not offered these excuses? Toovey inherited a premiership side who all demanded pay increases while at the same time having to deal with multiple back-ended contracts and having a new majority owner watching over his every move. Talk about "inheriting a mess".

Barrett can't even manage the relationship he has with his own players.

Trent Barrett is in charge of this mess we call a playing group. He's presided over it and its boiling over.

Trent Barrett is the one responsible for team selection. He's the one who keeps picking players because they "impress him" during pre-season training. He's the one who keeps selecting players who are not performing, while at other times not selecting certain players who are performing seemingly because of personality clashes.

Trent Barrett is in charge. The buck stops with him.

Last edited:
It's time for pretty boy to go. He is clearly out of his depth. He is poor in his man management skills and hasn't got a clue how to spot a decent five eight.Walker 2016 and now Croker the shocker.Enough is enough grow a set and drop under performers like Uate and Croker. The mans a fool its obvious Hastings is the most creative player in our line up and should be somewhere in our 17 but he can't see it . Congratulations pretty boy you will be our first coach to lead us to a spoon!!

Toovey coached over 100 games I charge.

Barrett has only just got over 50.

Toovey took over a grand final winning team.

Barrett took over a team that missed the 8. And he is still dealing with the ****.

Barrett is in a bind. To be fair on him he is handicapped with the small squad, injuries and the current division in the team. He needs to be bold in his selections, promote youth and get the team together again!! This is his challenge moving forward!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...s/news-story/73e030bfc457281069275769ac62cc43

Stuart’s scathing theory for Manly debacle

CANBERRA coach Ricky Stuart has called on Manly players to show support for coach Trent Barrett after presenting a scathing theory into Manly’s messy Jackson Hastings headache.

Embattled amid the Jackson Hastings and Daly Cherry-Evans off-field fiasco, Manly have now lost three in a row and completed just 15 sets and had only 42 per cent of the ball in their loss to Parramatta at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

The club has been reeling since Barrett sensationally declared Hastings will likely spend the rest of the season in reserve grade following reports Manly players refused to play alongside the former Roosters star.

It comes as captain Daly Cherry-Evans was hit with a $10,000 fine for his role in a series of incidents with Hastings, including a reported bust-up in Gladstone in central Queensland two weeks ago where the pair had to reportedly be separated by teammates before their round five game against the Titans.

Following their embarrassing 44-10 loss to the Eels, Barrett refused to elaborate on the decision to banish Hastings to the NSW Cup

“It’s been a very, very ordinary week,” Barrett said.

“It’s really difficult. But it’s my job to look after the players. The players have got to take some responsibility for it too and so do I.”

It comes after reports claimed the decision to banish Hastings was not supported unanimously within the Manly playing group with several players sending the utility messages of support this week.

Channel 9 reported stars Martin Taupau, Jorge Taufua and Joel Thompson are among a group of Sea Eagles to privately support Hastings, despite the club’s decision to move him on from Manly’s first-string playing squad.

7c2eedcde76c9f2c43543cc5d59e14fb

It all went wrong on Sunday.Source:AAP

Manly players’ response to the Hastings decision — based on their woeful performances against the Eels and Tigers — has led to questions surrounding the level of support Barrett had from the playing group to stand Hastings down.

However, Stuart on Sunday came out and presented a scathing assessment of Manly’s playing group following a claim players have failed to play for their coach after he was told by the playing group to remove Hastings.

“I’m friends with Trent so I’ll probably be a little bit biased, but I know Trent’s a good coach and I know he’s a good person,” Stuart told Fox League’s The Matty Johns Show.

“What Trent came out and said this week during the press conference, I thought it took a lot of courage and he came out and tried to be honest in regards to what his decision was going to be.

“He wouldn’t have said that about young Hastings — and I don’t know young Hastings and I hope that everything goes well for him — but, he wouldn’t have said what he said unless players didn’t make him aware of it and tell him and the players have turned around and obviously they’ve not supported him.”

He said if it is true that Manly players have backflipped on their decision to demand Hastings be stood down then it is a situation he “wouldn’t like to be coaching”.

When asked by Fox League’s Emma Freedman about the “tricky spot” Manly players have put their coach in by playing so poorly after his bold stand against Hastings, Stuart called on Manly players to back him up.

“Well, what a poor bloke who would go and say that to the coach and then turn around and make a different choice or call on it,” he said.

“I wouldn’t like to be coaching that.

“Trent’s had to make a tough call, but he has to have the support of his boys too.”

Barrett also called on his players to “stick together”.

“We are under the pump,” he said.

“We are in a hole. The only way out is for us to stick together and fight our way out of it.”

Personally I think Trent has lost the team. They are a team divided, disinterested and out of form coached by a man who its becoming increasingly obvious is not up to the job.

I wanted Trent Barrett to succeed as Manly coach. I did not want him to fail because if he did that it meant that Manly failed.

Trent Barrett is failing and so is Manly. Other than that I think he has lost this team, his record at Manly speaks for itself. 56 games, 24 wins, 32 losses, a winning strike rate of just 42.8%.

My wish right now sad to say is that sometime over the next couple of days.....he gets the full support of the club board.

Last edited:

How is This Barretts fault?

He inherited the Mess that Toovey and Bozo created. The playing field is uneven because of the 600k fine that's come off the Salary cap. We are paying Darcy Lussick to go and play over seas and We are still paying Nate Myles.we have Sironen and Taufua on the side line and Our best 5/8 has had a barney with who ever.

Because of that our handicap is probably about $2m that we are behind the rest.

How is it Trents fault?
I’ll tell you what stupid is. Wanting to change Australia Day from Jan 26.

You have no idea on that or this. Blaming Toovey hahahahahahh
Wake up to yourself

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7